[Game Update] - 352488

14 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

On discord it's reported that "machines" getting 15% boost is a very broad description. Showers, bathrooms, sinks, all recreation buildings, grills etc etc are apparently "machines" and the task involved gets completed 15% faster if in light. Mess tables are not "machines" it appear though.

Do you know about generator tuning ? I think it gets the bonus but I prefer to be sure before to let my lights operating into power room.

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Duplicants should do a better jobs of completing multiple recipes in a row on fabricator buildings

Immediately starts up a batch of 10 steel. A cycle later, stuck at 1 and dupes will not build. :(

Edited by Guest

25 minutes ago, Giltirn said:

I disagree with introducing arbitrary requirements that have no real bearing on gameplay - that are just another box to tick.

It's all arbitrary though.  A minimum room size is arbitrary.  A decor item/value is also arbitrary.  And yes, requring lights is also arbitrary.  If we're willing to check those first two boxes for a room bonus, why is asking the third of us going too far?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

It's actually a disaster. I cannot strongly enough express how angry I am about this change.

Ok, that was my first thought too.

If I want to change a pipe segment real strange things can happen. Most noticeable are pipe leading into "mechanical filters"

[And sometimes keeping a pipe filled while changing a segment is benefical.]

=>But I wasn´t able to break a "working" system.

Did someone find a way to break a previously working pipe system ?

4 minutes ago, Xadhoom said:

:cry: my colony used to be a nice 20 degree warm place, now after just 2 cycles, its heating up cause my heat exchanger stopped working! the gas temp is messed up. jumps all over the place.

Looks like I will wait this one out. 

• Like 3

The nosh sprout should be better or at least on par with sleet wheat. The nosh could be made into ethanol using the ethanol distiller, and maybe even to use as hatch, pokeshell, or drecko feed. We could also use more ways to generate fiber, and the fibers could be reed fiber, drecko fiber, and either polyethylene or plastic fiber. Plus, the Isoresin could need more ways to be generated, and maybe we could have fiberglass tiles or fiberglass as a building material. And it would need glass and isoresin or viscogel, has somewhat high thermal conductivity, and would be as strong as insulation. The point is isoresin needs a way to regen without rockets. Either from petroleum, a new critter morph, or turning naptha through a machine or freezing.

37 minutes ago, nonoxyl said:

Immediately starts up a batch of 10 steel. A cycle later, stuck at 1 and dupes will not build. :(

That might be a separate issue.  I've noticed that dupes don't seem to be delivering the ingredients for the last order when you queue up a large one on several different buildings.  Others seem to work just fine though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Pips can now plant Sleet Wheat seeds

This is great!  But can you also add them to the   ore dumper. so we can actually deliver the sleet wheat seeds to the pip.

currently im having to deliver them to the fridge and manual drop it via unchecking.

It's not listed as seed.

Edited by RonEmpire
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

This is great!  But can you also add them to the   ore dumper. so we can actually deliver the sleet wheat seeds to the pip.

currently im having to deliver them to the fridge and manual drop it via unchecking.

It's not listed as seed.

psssst*Whisper

1uvph1.jpg
did you know you could plant them in Plant boxes?
plant it
deconstruct it
???
Profit

Edited by VitaCoke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Arbor Trees can no longer create branches after they've been uprooted

I'm not sure if I understand that correctly. Does that mean that we can no longer grow Arbor Trees domestically, since the only thing that gave lumber were the branches? 

i am not sure if it is intended or not but buried an irregular oil tend to have a lot of wells, 8-10 seems to be the norm for these traits but i have seen a map with 14 accessible wells and two in the neutronium wall

1 hour ago, Xadhoom said:

image.thumb.png.e7b4662ff40dbbec70f74ad3076c7927.png

:cry: my colony used to be a nice 20 degree warm place, now after just 2 cycles, its heating up cause my heat exchanger stopped working! the gas temp is messed up. jumps all over the place.

I also got this problem after the update

1 hour ago, OxCD said:

Do you know about generator tuning ? I think it gets the bonus but I prefer to be sure before to let my lights operating into power room.

They seems okay now. I even move them around mid-work and they just resume as like it used to be. However they restart upon save reloading, which is understandable.

Spoiler

Screenshot_74.png.98e82b75cc6a39d7c43046b4b270d76a.png

1 minute ago, Junksteel said:

Look at that!!!! Thimble Reed Seed from the printing Pod! 

Any news for Balm Lily seed?

• Thanks 1

This change to lights is just perfect :) now i want to have them instead of being forced to  thanks guys once again good move. idk about the foods yet but im looking foward to test it today. The trees nerf was necessary " idk if that hard but was needed indeed ". Ill test more to say more in the general and suggestion, good work and thanks devs.

5 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

image.thumb.png.0c60e750892cfa8099fd889f4de679a3.png

Look at that!!!! Thimble Reed Seed from the printing Pod! 

Wow, I needed that urgently for the exosuit!!

Perfect update for the light, i just put the light in the room and connect it with 1 tile of automate wire, which is meaningless to do so.