[Game Update] - 352488

9 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Not sure if that´s just a beneficial change. (I would prefer the old state where the gas/liquid will just stop moving.)

I feel like it makes the system more intuitive. I had quite a few times starting ONI and not understanding why the content of some pipes wouldn't move when i had the pipe connected to a vent, not knowing that you could just put a bridge or valve hanging there to get the pipe to empty.
Not saying the previous version didn't have advantages when it comes to precise building but it was confusing as hell as a new player.

Edited by Kangaax
  • Like 7

The Airborne critter bait (was it added into previous version ? never noticed before) looks nice. But 2 points for me :

- the animation is missing (will come or will still disappear ike this ?)

- nothing for the gassy moo (nothing since the beginning of the beta neither)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Not sure if that´s just a beneficial change. (I would prefer the old state where the gas/liquid will just stop moving.)

It's actually a disaster. I cannot strongly enough express how angry I am about this change.

Before you could make tiny packages of gas or liquid you wanted to direct somewhere by making a loop of tiny packages with a valve and then breaks the loop so it stopped flowing. Now they continue to flow and bunch up into a single packet of larger size. Exactly what we did not want at all.

EDIT: Not sure why the page joined 3 identical posts.

Edited by Saturnus
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The monument doesn't provide any decor bonus. That's not its first purpose, but definitely illogical ^^

And, it looks really nice also !

Edited by OxCD
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Saturnus said:

It's actually a disaster. I cannot strongly enough express how angry I am about this change.

Before you could make tiny packages of gas or liquid you wanted to direct somewhere by making a loop of tiny packages with a valve and then breaks the loop so it stopped flowing. Now they continue to flow and bunch up into a single packet of larger size. Exactly what we did not want at all.

Come on, it takes 10 more seconds to actually add a valve set to 20g and replicate the functionality we had before. "a disaster" is pushing it

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

It's actually a disaster.

It really isn't.

As for directing tiny packets somewhere... you still can. You just can't hold it in stasis (although not sure why you would anyway).

Can you name any builds it would affect?

4 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

EDIT: Not sure why the page joined 3 identical posts.

Did you make the mistake I did of thinking it hadn't submitted because it doesn't load if it'd go to a new page?

• Haha 1

Just now, Saturnus said:

Lava pump for one but there literally dozens of builds that require very low mass, we're talking sub-1g mass pockets.

Right, but how are they affected?

If not being stationary breaks them then logically they can't have been doing anything anyway, or they wouldn't be stationary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Lava pump for one but there literally dozens of builds that require very low mass, we're talking sub-1g mass pockets.

Do you have a link for one of the builds that are affected? I'm curious

Tree are not counted into plants for the reserve. But decorative plant into flower pot are. Is it by design ? Wasn't it supposed to be wild only ?

EDIT : my bad. Bad tester ! Forget about this !

Edited by OxCD

1 minute ago, OxCD said:

Tree are not counted into plants for the reserve. But decorative plant into flower pot are. Is it by design ? Wasn't it supposed to be wild only ?

Decor plants were added last update. As for trees not being included... They make oxygen? *shrug*

15 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Is the rock crusher recipe just showing rounded values ?

[It shows it will crush 100kg salt into 100kg sand and 5g table salt.]

According to the source code it's 100 * (1-0.00005) = 99.995 kg sand. It appears there is a rounding issue in the user interface, though I can't rule out completely that the game doesn't round either. They still use 32 bit floats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, goboking said:

The carrot was the +3/+6 Morale Bonus from eating in a Mess Hall/Great Hall, +1/+2 from sleeping in a Barracks/Bed Room, etc.

I disagree with introducing arbitrary requirements that have no real bearing on gameplay - that are just another box to tick. Hooking up a couple of 10w bulbs in a few rooms of my base was hardly an onerous requirement; they draw very little power and they don't produce any significant heat. I would just drop them down and forget about them. But if that is the case, what purpose do they really serve? The only reason the requirement was put in was because lights served no other purpose than a mild buff to algae terrariums in the early game. Now with the buff they actually serve a real purpose and I am encouraged to light up all my machine areas.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Giltirn said:

I disagree with introducing arbitrary requirements that have no real bearing on gameplay - that are just another box to tick. Hooking up a couple of 10w bulbs in a few rooms of my base was hardly an onerous requirement; they draw very little power and they don't produce any significant heat. I would just drop them down and forget about them. But if that is the case, what purpose do they really serve? The only reason the requirement was put in was because lights served no other purpose than a mild buff to algae terrariums in the early game. Now with the buff they actually serve a real purpose and I am encouraged to light up all my machine areas.

On discord it's reported that "machines" getting 15% boost is a very broad description. Showers, bathrooms, sinks, all recreation buildings, grills etc etc are apparently "machines" and the task involved gets completed 15% faster if in light. Mess tables are not "machines" it appear though.

Edited by Saturnus
  • Like 12

51 minutes ago, OxCD said:

While I agree for the power plant, what about the others ? Massage clinic, hospital, great hall, recreation room, washroom, and so on... I'm not sure 15% benefit are working on them. Will the dup use toilet, sink, massage table, sick bay, arcade, etc... faster ?

Dude, using the bathroom in the dark is not easy. You have to perform a careful juggling act with your phone to be able to perform your business, and god help you if you drop it in the loo!

Just now, Saturnus said:

On discord it's reported that "machines" getting 15% boost is a very broad description. Showers, bathrooms, sinks, all recreation buildings, grills etc etc are apparently "machines" and the task involved gets completed 15% faster if in light.

Even better! I like buffs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

So there seems to be some REALLY serious issues with radiant pipes. I'm having radiant pipes constantly spike their contents temp randomly even when sitting still in a stable environment, and when they are hot they seem to keep duplicating heat/resetting the contents temp. And if I am piping cold coolant through an area it's actually self cooling and comes out colder then it went in, despite the area actually being hotter then the coolant. Pretty much everything with radiant pipes seems backwards ATM, but I haven't pinned down the specific issue just vague perceptions of what is going wrong. I literally had some radiant pipes with the flow shut off sitting in some 70C oil, and 3 cycles later the oil is down to 30C and the pipes haven't moved at all the whole time (flow was shut off), and the water in the pipes is actually fluctuating RAPIDLY between 40C and 70Cish. This is in a sealed insulated room.

Edited by Troxism
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Troxism said:

So there seems to be some REALLY serious issues with radiant pipes. I'm having radiant pipes constantly spike their contents temp randomly even when sitting still in a stable environment, and when they are hot they seem to keep duplicating heat/resetting the contents temp. And if I am piping cold coolant through an area it's actually self cooling and comes out colder then it went in, despite the area actually being hotter then the coolant. Pretty much everything with radiant pipes seems backwards ATM, but I haven't pinned down the specific issue just vague perceptions of what is going wrong. I literally had some radiant pipes with the flow shut off sitting in some 70C oil, and 3 cycles later the oil is down to 30C and the pipes haven't moved at all the whole time (flow was shut off), and the water in the pipes is actually fluctuating RAPIDLY between 40C and 70Cish. This is in a sealed insulated room.

This is a pretty pressing issue

• Like 1