[Game Update] - 352488

• Developer
  • Pips can no longer walk through closed doors when walking around corners
  • Park and Nature Reserve actually apply their morale bonuses to Duplicants that enter them
  • Balance pass on geysers, bringing up the rates of some of the Gas Vents, and also reducing the rates of the Cool Slush Geyser.
  • The min and max outputs of all geysers has been narrowed, reducing the variability between instances of the same geyser somewhat.
  • Ores and items should no longer float midair when removed from a storage
  • Duplicants should do a better jobs of completing multiple recipes in a row on fabricator buildings
  • Wood Generator audio added
  • Arbor Trees can no longer create branches after they've been uprooted
  • New foods added and updated (Pacu Fillet, Surf n Turf, Grilled Pacu, Mushroom Wrap, Spicy Tofu and Frost Burger)
  • A balance pass on all foods has been done
  • Updated Monument artwork
  • Fluids/Gasses in dead-end pipes will flow towards a destination
  • Scrolling once again works in the Hats dropdown
  • The selected object's detail panel will remember the current tab across selections, until that window is closed
  • Tree branches will correctly uproot themselves if the tree trunk is uprooted
  • Crops which are fully grown will drop their harvest when uprooted
  • Fixed a bug where effects and products wouldn't spawn if a crop's farm tile/planter box was destroyed
  • Updated Chinese strings
  • Crushing Salt to Table Salt now creates sand instead of vanishing the remaining mass
  • Rust Deoxydizer now has higher input rates, but outputs Iron Ore in addition to its previous outputs
  • Colony Imperative list scrolls to reveal newly achieved Initiatives
  • Effects added to achieving an Initiative
  • Rewriting and editing of various Log Entries
  • Pips can now plant Sleet Wheat seeds
  • Six Work-in-progress tutorial animations have been added to Tutorial Notifications and Tutorial Database entries.
  • Cleaned up the top menu buttons (Vitals, Consumables, etc.): Made reports a "mini" button, moved Schedule from the clock to the menu bar, and added a button to open the escape menu.
  • Monument part selection save/loads properly
  • Light requirements have been removed from rooms
  • The bonus from working a machine in light has been raised to 15%
  • Floor Lamp now gives positive decor
  • "Join" intersections for conduits (where more than one pipe tries adding to the intersection) will now merge similar elements if possible, resulting in much better throughput.

View full update

• Like 24
  • Thanks 28

5 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

"Join" intersections for conduits (where more than one pipe tries adding to the intersection) will now merge similar elements if possible, resulting in much better throughput.

• Crushing Salt to Table Salt now creates sand instead of vanishing the remaining mass
  • Rust Deoxydizer now has higher input rates, but outputs Iron Ore in addition to its previous outputs

• Park and Nature Reserve actually apply their morale bonuses to Duplicants that enter them
  • Balance pass on geysers, bringing up the rates of some of the Gas Vents, and also reducing the rates of the Cool Slush Geyser.
  • The min and max outputs of all geysers has been narrowed, reducing the variability between instances of the same geyser somewhat.

These are all excellent changes

• Like 12

Light requirements have been removed from rooms

I can't say that I agree with this move as I don't personally think 10W and a bit of heat is too great an asking price for room bonuses, but I'm sure some will love this change.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Awesome, thanks!

15 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Wood Generator audio added
  • New foods added and updated (Pacu Fillet, Surf n Turf, Grilled Pacu, Mushroom Wrap, Spicy Tofu and Frost Burger)
  • Crops which are fully grown will drop their harvest when uprooted

My favorite changes, thank you thank you thank you Klei!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, goboking said:

I can't say that I agree with this move as I don't personally think 10W and a bit of heat is too great an asking price for room bonuses, but I'm sure some will love this change.

Indeed, I do not agree with this change either. 

Just now, Giltirn said:

I approve of removing light requirements from rooms and replacing it with a bonus - carrots are always better than sticks.

The carrot was the +3/+6 Morale Bonus from eating in a Mess Hall/Great Hall, +1/+2 from sleeping in a Barracks/Bed Room, etc.

• Like 2

I was supposed to play DST tonight to loot some sick skins, but you made it more difficult than it should Ipsquiggle :cower:

I greatly enjoy this update :victorious: There would be too much to quote if I had to detail :friendly_wink:

30 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Is tuning'up a generator a "work" on a "machine" ?

Nice update by the way. So much enjoyable to be listened as a commu when unbalance mechanisms are highlighted.

EDIT : wooops. Sorry but I'll join some of us. I really love the +15% bonus, but I disagree with the light requirements withdrawal.

29 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Edited by OxCD
  • Like 1

• Developer
5 minutes ago, DarkMaster13 said:

Has Sushi been removed as a food item?  I don't see the recipe to make it anymore on any of the food prep stations.

Sushi has been removed but Pacu Fillet has been added. Pacu fillet is just raw fish meat (1000kcal, quality +2)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Just now, JarrettM said:

Sushi has been removed but Pacu Fillet has been added. Pacu fillet is just raw fish meat (1000kcal, quality +2)

Does this mean lettuce is only eaten raw and used to cook mushroom wraps now?

34 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

1 minute ago, goboking said:

@goboking Did you check all new recipes ?

26 minutes ago, goboking said:

It's not really the cost I had a problem with it was the requirement. I didn't like that you MUST have the light source for the room. Changing the bonus for working in light from 5% to 15% and getting rid of the requirement makes me want it instead of needing it. Also, people were just adding lights to the room then disabling the lights so there was no reason to have it.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, goboking said:

It's on burgers too, but that's it.  Side note, burgers apparently need to be cooked in the oven, even though they're a mix of already cooked food.  Same with the Surf'n'turf.

18 minutes ago, goboking said:

+1/+2 from sleeping in a Barracks/Bed Room

These rooms already didn't require lights in the previous build.

32 minutes ago, goboking said:

I can't say that I agree with this move as I don't personally think 10W

Yep, 10W aren't much already and with the most simple automation - a motion sensor hooked up to the light - the requirement could be brought down even further, while staying true to the design intent. I didn't really mind the light requirement. On a positive note, this means less messy wiring in the core base.

---

Anyways long list of very good changes - both in terms of bugfixes and balancing <3

Edited by wronny
spelling

Just now, Kharmah said:

It's not really the cost I had a problem with it was the requirement. I didn't like that you MUST have the light source for the room. Changing the bonus for working in light from 5% to 15% and getting rid of the requirement makes me want it instead of needing it. Also, people were just adding lights to the room then disabling the lights so there was no reason to have it.

While I agree for the power plant, what about the others ? Massage clinic, hospital, great hall, recreation room, washroom, and so on... I'm not sure 15% benefit are working on them. Will the dup use toilet, sink, massage table, sick bay, arcade, etc... faster ?

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

The current food system feels very much broken:

• Barbeque is still the only food providing a "buff". Why should I use it as an ingredients?
  • Pacu were already the best source of "meat" (pre beta branch) and now they got even better as an early food source. (You can refine them now without pincha pepper).
  • Nosh beans feel like a useless addition. Hard to farm, but still no real benefit.

39 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fluids/Gasses in dead-end pipes will flow towards a destination

Not sure if that´s just a beneficial change. (I would prefer the old state where the gas/liquid will just stop moving.)

41 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Light requirements have been removed from rooms

In the last version adding a light requirement to really every room seemed a bit pointless.

But I would prefer if lights would still be a requirement for the higher tier rooms like great hall or washroom.

• Like 2