Uninstalled: <modname> keeps showing up?

I go uninstall an old mod. Every time I've booted up the game since I've seen the message saying the mod uninstalled. 

There I learned the issue: Nothing changed in there! the old mod's folder was still there in the 'Steam' folder, and was referenced in the mods.json file. 

I was able to manually remove the old mod by deleting its folder, and removing its reference in the json.  this has stopped it entirely.

I might comeback later and go more in depth with the process.

5 hours ago, lilibat said:

I have had the same problem and ended up nuking the whole thing and doing a clean install. 

You "just" have to remove the dead lines in the .json file, and you´re good. 

Keep in mind, mod-support is still in beta, and of course, there are still bugs.

13 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Keep in mind, mod-support is still in beta, and of course, there are still bugs.

nope.  I tried that and if any mod gets updated, **** breaks again

On 7/31/2019 at 4:16 AM, SharraShimada said:

But I don't know what those are and when I say that I am unwilling to work that hard for a mod at this point I assure you the new players will be unwilling as well.

1 hour ago, lilibat said:

But I don't know what those are and when I say that I am unwilling to work that hard for a mod at this point I assure you the new players will be unwilling as well.

No problem at all. Dont use mods. Problem solved. Mod support ist still beta, and they are working on it. We can use it, but its not supported. If you´re not willing to accept a few problems to use mods, dont use it. We all have to wait, until the devs will make the much needed changes. 

However new players that are just getting the game won't know mods are in beta they will just expect them to work and when they don't they may abandon the game, try to refund, rather than seek out information. 

1 hour ago, lilibat said:

However new players that are just getting the game won't know mods are in beta they will just expect them to work and when they don't they may abandon the game, try to refund, rather than seek out information. 

Uninformed users are always a problem. Nothing new here. It comes with the job.

Just take a look at the bug-reports here in the forum. Since release there are so many reports about things, that are clearly intended behavior, misread infos and so on.

Archived