Recommended Posts

goboking    1,527
2 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Add a guaranteed saltwater geyser in the ocean biome

Much obliged.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Machenoid    96
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Add a guaranteed saltwater geyser in the ocean biome

Any ocean biome from any asteroid or just the ocean asteroid?

Edited by Machenoid
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
foosda    13

Huge thanks to the building status fix, it was driving me crazy. :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phod    57

Whatever you guys did in this latest patch improved my frame rate considerably. Thanks for that!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coolthulhu    965

Damn, that crab thing is HUGE. I didn't have that many crabs on the map, yet it's obviously noticeable that it got much less laggy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkMaster13    215

Oh wow.  Guess that means that the subsurface ocean has even more guaranteed water if you need it.  Also means that the Oceania start is even easier.  I probably still wouldn't say it's easier than Terra, given that all that water can get in your way, but it's still easily the second easiest asteroid.

Just to confirm, the tide pool biome is not the same as the ocean biome, right?  The two have the same resources in them, but the ocean biome contains far more salt water and is only used by the Oceania asteroid and the subsurface ocean trait?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wronny    202
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Add a guaranteed saltwater geyser in the ocean biome

A renewable source of Salt Water for almost all asteroids - Table Salt for everyone. Well except for the poor duplicants, who happend to find themselves on "The Badlands", which now seems to be missing 3 guaranteed geyser spawns (1x Cool Steam Vent (Swamp), 1x Natural Gas Geyser (Swamp), 1x Salt Water Geyser (Ocean)) as it features neither of these biomes .

Any chance that the rust biome also gets an uncovered geyser / volcano? Would be super nice, considering that Arboria and "The Badlands" are missing a gold source for Oxylite & Supercoolant production

 

17 minutes ago, DarkMaster13 said:

Guess that means that the subsurface ocean has even more guaranteed water if you need it. 

The Badlands (Seed: 1047210147) with Subsurface Ocean didn't feature the uncovered Salt Water Geyser. And the other worlds I looked at didn't have theirs in at the subsurface ocean "height", if they had that trait.

It seems to be found on all asteroids that have naturally occuring ocean biomes, so every asteroid but The Badlands. As far as I can tell at least ...

Edited by wronny
Minor addition...
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkMaster13    215
12 minutes ago, wronny said:

A renewable source of Salt Water for almost all asteroids - Table Salt for everyone. Well except for the poor duplicants, who happend to find themselves on "The Badlands", which now seems to be missing 3 guaranteed geyser spawns (1x Cool Steam Vent (Swamp), 1x Natural Gas Geyser (Swamp), 1x Salt Water Geyser (Ocean)) as it features neither of these biomes .

Any chance that the rust biome also gets an uncovered geyser / volcano? Would be super nice, considering that Arboria and "The Badlands" are missing a gold source for Oxylite & Supercoolant production

 

The Badlands (Seed: 1047210147) with Subsurface Ocean didn't feature the uncovered Salt Water Geyser. And the other worlds I looked at didn't have theirs in at the subsurface ocean "height", if they had that trait.

It seems to be found on all asteroids that have naturally occuring ocean biomes, so every asteroid but The Badlands. As far as I can tell at least ...

The natural gas geyser can spawn outside of the swamp biome.  I'm not sure the exact rules for it, but an uncovered one can appear in The Badlands or Arboria.  The other geysers are missing in those starts, making it significantly harder.  I've got a thread going that details all these things and roughly estimates the actual difficulties of each start.

Speaking of which, thank you for the info on the new geyser.  That's useful for updating the information on the difficulty estimations.  Obivously there's just some confusion saying what's a tide pool biome and what's an ocean biome.  Maybe they started calling tide pools oceans in the code, then told the players it was a tide pool later when they created a variation that basically was an ocean for the subsurface ocean?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wronny    202
Just now, DarkMaster13 said:

The natural gas geyser can spawn outside of the swamp biome.  I'm not sure the exact rules for it, but an uncovered one can appear in The Badlands or Arboria.  The other geysers are missing in those starts, making it significantly harder.  I've got a thread going that details all these things and roughly estimates the actual difficulties of each start.

Guaranteed uncovered Geysers as of this update:

  • "Caustic" (Jungle): a Cool Steam Vent and either a Natural Gas Geyser or a Chlorine Gas Vent
  • "Slime" (Swamp): a Cool Steam Vent and a Natural Gas Geyser
  • "Ocean" (Tide Pools): a Salt Water Geyser 

The asteroids with all of these biomes will now feature all 5 uncovered geysers (2x Cool Steam, 1x Salt Water, 1x Nat Gas and either Nat Gas #2 or 1x Chlorine).

Arboria will feature 3 (no Slime, so only 1x Cool Steam, 1x Salt Water and either 1x Nat Gas or 1x Chlorine) and the Badlands just two (no slime & no tide pools, so 1x Cool Steam and either 1x Nat Gas or 1x Chlorine).

Probably something that would be better explained with a well made picture, but that's not exactly my area of expertise.

16 minutes ago, DarkMaster13 said:

Speaking of which, thank you for the info on the new geyser.

Well, curiosity got the best of me. Good to hear that the info was of some use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gurgel    1,149
1 hour ago, goboking said:

Much obliged.

Agreed. Also has implications for cooling, as these should be 30C.

6 minutes ago, Yunru said:

This post offends me :p

I offer to be offended on general principle! Anything specific anybody wants me to be offended about? ;)

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mathmanican    2,318
2 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

I offer to be offended on general principle! Anything specific anybody wants me to be offended about?

I need to defend my Ph.D. dissertation, but @Gurgel is on my committee.  Can I get a new committee. :) 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cetlas    6
1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Any asteroid with ocean biome.

Does the Subsurface Ocean count as an ocean biome? So if I rolled an asteroid that normally doesn't have an ocean biome and take Subsurface Ocean, I would have a saltwater geyser?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
avc15    416

still not answered, would like to understand if an asteroid needs 'subsurface ocean' trait to have a guaranteed geyser, or just needs to have some tidepools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EnderCN    62
4 minutes ago, avc15 said:

still not answered, would like to understand if an asteroid needs 'subsurface ocean' trait to have a guaranteed geyser, or just needs to have some tidepools.

I would assume not.  They are talking about the ocean biome which some maps have, not the subsurface ocean trait. I assume the trait has nothing to do with the geyser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkMaster13    215
21 minutes ago, wronny said:

Guaranteed uncovered Geysers as of this update:

  • "Caustic" (Jungle): a Cool Steam Vent and either a Natural Gas Geyser or a Chlorine Gas Vent
  • "Slime" (Swamp): a Cool Steam Vent and a Natural Gas Geyser
  • "Ocean" (Tide Pools): a Salt Water Geyser 

The asteroids with all of these biomes will now feature all 5 uncovered geysers (2x Cool Steam, 1x Salt Water, 1x Nat Gas and either Nat Gas #2 or 1x Chlorine).

Arboria will feature 3 (no Slime, so only 1x Cool Steam, 1x Salt Water and either 1x Nat Gas or 1x Chlorine) and the Badlands just two (no slime & no tide pools, so 1x Cool Steam and either 1x Nat Gas or 1x Chlorine).

Probably something that would be better explained with a well made picture, but that's not exactly my area of expertise.

Well, curiosity got the best of me. Good to hear that the info was of some use.

All useful info.  I didn't know the rules about the natural gas geysers, so I've add that as well.  Thanks again.

4 minutes ago, avc15 said:

still not answered, would like to understand if an asteroid needs 'subsurface ocean' trait to have a guaranteed geyser, or just needs to have some tidepools.

Wronny did some tests above, it doesn't seem to count the subsurface ocean or the Oceania special biomes at all.  Just regular tide pools that are everywhere except The Badlands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SakuraKoi    571
3 minutes ago, DarkMaster13 said:

All useful info.  I didn't know the rules about the natural gas geysers, so I've add that as well.  Thanks again.

Wronny did some tests above, it doesn't seem to count the subsurface ocean or the Oceania special biomes at all.  Just regular tide pools that are everywhere except The Badlands.

To be precisely, all Ocean subworlds besides "Deep Ocean" get a Salt Geyser and it is that "Deep Ocean" which is spawned through that trait. Aridio and Rime actually should get two Salt Geysers through that (since they have two non-deep ocean ocean subworlds), however each POI only spawns once and there is only one Salt Water Geyser POI, with a set temperature.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gurgel    1,149
49 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

I need to defend my Ph.D. dissertation, but @Gurgel is on my committee.  Can I get a new committee. :) 

Hey, I can be offended at your research and conclusions and _still_ let you pass! 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dosephshih    27
Posted (edited)

Yesterday my generator keep un-touched due to the room type issue. Can we add the priority interface and showing the errand order who is going to do the tune up work?

EDIT: just check that it do have the errand order list, but still cannot set the priority manually.

Edited by Dosephshih

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
natanstarke    183

Devs can we have a option to break refined metals in the rock granulator to a metal ore? Its nice to use excess refined metal from volcanos when available for the super cool looking smooth hatches.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now