[Game Update] - 351503

I don´t like the colony achievments, if they encourage increase the colony size (=duplicant count) to something just partially sustainable.

If I asume a map got one salt water geyser with an average output of 2,4kg(saltwater)/s.

Spoiler

This would be 8% above the average of water/slush geysers, so a reasonable number.

=> You gain only 5kg of salt, that´s just enough for <=5 duplicants.

Spoiler

If a food source runs out a duplicant may eat multiple times a cycle.

Unsteady supply of some food sources will make this happen. (Wild food or some meat from a stable every few cycles ...)

@Ipsquiggle  I still wait an fix for the abyssalite problem (make it be crushable, combine it whit other elements for a high temperature pump, or use it for drywall or tempshift plate), and the deconstruction of the tables, broken lamps, food dispenser etc

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

If I asume a map got one salt water geyser with an average output of 2,4kg(saltwater)/s.

No need to assume~

13 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Is there art for the saltwater geyser? :wilson_curious:

The same about the art used~ (the answer is sadly no :wilson_cry:)

The Code (GeyserGenericConfig) says it all:

Spoiler

new GeyserGenericConfig.GeyserPrefabParams("geyser_liquid_water_hot_kanim", 4, 2, new GeyserConfigurator.GeyserType("hot_water", SimHashes.Water, 368.15f, 500f, 5000f, 500f, 60f, 1140f, 0.1f, 0.9f, 15000f, 135000f, 0.4f, 0.8f)),
			new GeyserGenericConfig.GeyserPrefabParams("geyser_liquid_water_slush_kanim", 4, 2, new GeyserConfigurator.GeyserType("slush_water", SimHashes.DirtyWater, 263.15f, 500f, 5000f, 500f, 60f, 1140f, 0.1f, 0.9f, 15000f, 135000f, 0.4f, 0.8f)),
			new GeyserGenericConfig.GeyserPrefabParams("geyser_liquid_water_filthy_kanim", 4, 2, new GeyserConfigurator.GeyserType("filthy_water", SimHashes.DirtyWater, 303.15f, 500f, 5000f, 500f, 60f, 1140f, 0.1f, 0.9f, 15000f, 135000f, 0.4f, 0.8f).AddDisease(new SimUtil.DiseaseInfo
			{
				idx = Db.Get().Diseases.GetIndex("FoodPoisoning"),
				count = 20000
			})),
			new GeyserGenericConfig.GeyserPrefabParams("geyser_liquid_water_filthy_kanim", 4, 2, new GeyserConfigurator.GeyserType("salt_water", SimHashes.SaltWater, 303.15f, 500f, 5000f, 500f, 60f, 1140f, 0.1f, 0.9f, 15000f, 135000f, 0.4f, 0.8f).AddDisease(new SimUtil.DiseaseInfo
			{
				idx = Db.Get().Diseases.GetIndex("FoodPoisoning"),
				count = 20000
			})),

i.e the salt water geyser uses the same art as the ones for polluted water and output is on the same level as any other liquid water geyser:

500g-5000 g/s (between 2300g-3200g for 95% of the geysers, the 2.4 kg is as such on the lower end), 500 kg Max Pressure, 60s-1140s Eruption Period, 10-90% Eruption Amount, 15000s-135000s Active time, 40-80% Active Amount

Just 30°C (or 303 K)

Curiously enough, it has food poisoning.

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Darkin Coaled said:

oh yay, food poisoning. lets add unnecessary problems. Klei, please.

It's a third guaranteed source of water for most maps.  Having to clean up/work around some germs is hardly an unfair trade-off, imho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SakuraKoi said:
14 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

No need to assume~

Ok, why not say our geyser will output 3,6kg(saltwater)/s ?

(That would be the perfect salt water geyser.)

=> Still just 7,5g of table salt each cycle.

[My point wasn´t to show that the geyser is bad, more that the refinement process is still badly tuned.

The desalinator outputs just 7% of the input saltwater as salt, which is than used in a rock crusher which only yields 0,005%.

=> I just started tinkering with a rock crusher based cooling, since I can superheat my salt and delete most of the heat when I produce table salt^^]

Edited by Lilalaunekuh
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Reveal hidden contents

This would be 8% above the average of water/slush geysers, so a reasonable number.

=> You gain only 5kg of salt, that´s just enough for <=5 duplicants.

Assuming you have a salt water geyser with an average output of 2.4kg/s.

Then you're looking at 1440 kg of salt water. If you purify it using the machine (can't recall the name at the moment), you're looking at 100kg of salt per cycle.

Spoiler

1440 / 5 = 288 operations by the machine.

288*350g = 100 800 g

100kg of salt at the end

It's much more than you calculated.

• Haha 1

Just now, Christophlette said:
Spoiler

1440 / 5 = 288 operations by the machine.

288*350g = 100 800 g

100kg of salt at the end

It's much more than you calculated.

100kg salt, not table salt. [My main concern are the double low ratio conversions. Desalinator and Rock crusher.)

8 minutes ago, goboking said:

Having to clean up/work around some germs is hardly an unfair trade-off

Having to pump the water through desalination plant is entirely reasonable trade-off. Having to additionally dump the water for a cycle in chlorine room is again Klei's very recent artificial difficulty approach. Just stop Klei, nobody appreciates designed, mandatory hurdles.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

100kg salt, not table salt. [My main concern are the double low ratio conversions. Desalinator and Rock crusher.)

My bad. You could try to freeze your salt water to turn it into brine and then get 4 times the salt. If it hasn't changed.

1 hour ago, Tisamon said:

do you know how much table salt each dupe uses per cycle?

Each time a duplicant eats he uses 1g of table salt.

So if you got just 100kcal meat left he will eat it and it something else afterwards ...

=> If you use multiple unsteady food sources, your duplicants use much more table salt.

58 minutes ago, Christophlette said:

You could try to freeze your salt water to turn it into brine and then get 4 times the salt. If it hasn't changed.

Should still work, but I don´t like this mechanic as the way to go. (I hope that the desalinator or rock crusher ratio will be tuned.)

Edited by Lilalaunekuh
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Each time a duplicant eats he uses 1kg of table salt.

So if you got just 100kcal meat left he will eat it and it something else afterwards ...

=> If you use multiple unsteady food sources, your duplicants use much more table salt.

Should still work, but I don´t like this mechanic as the way to go. (I hope that the desalinator or rock crusher ratio will be tuned.)

It's a nice mechanic in my opnion to get the best out of your resources. But I agree that the 100kg to 5kg is really harsh. I hope it will get tuned too.

Edited by Christophlette
Doubled word

5 minutes ago, OxCD said:

Do someone know what is the output t° of the electrolyzer now ? Building t° or water t° ?

70°C or the water temperature if the input it hotter.

(Just messed with a water geyser and 95°C water leading to my electrolyzers ...)

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

70°C or the water temperature if the input it hotter.

(Just messed with a water geyser and 95°C water leading to my electrolyzers ...)

Danke !

42 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Each time a duplicant eats he uses 1kg of table salt.

100 kg salt crush to 5 g table salt or for one dup lunch need 200*100=20t salt. :shock:

One gram per use.

public static float SALTSHAKERSTORAGEMASS = 0.005f;

public static int MORALE_MODIFIER = 1;

public static float CONSUMABLE_RATE = TableSaltTuning.SALTSHAKERSTORAGEMASS / 5f;

1 hour ago, Darkin Coaled said:

oh yay, food poisoning. lets add unnecessary problems. Klei, please.

https://what-if.xkcd.com/80/

Most of the world's viruses aren't found in humans. They're found in the sea.

Seawater is full of microorganisms, and we've recently learned that those microorganisms are preyed on by viruses in a big way. Every day, about one in five living cells in the ocean is killed by a virus. These viruses are found from the surface of the ocean down to the depths. Because the sea is so big, it contains a staggering number of viruses.

If you piled up all these viruses—more than 1030  of them—in one place, they would be the size of a small mountain.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1