Sign in to follow this  
Jov

Steam: Wacky "rock quarry" landscape

Jov    11

As you can see here, there's a stone path leading through the stone "rock quarry" area. This is the first time I've seen stone-on-stone generated like this and I presume it's unintended. Additionally, as you can see there's also a couple trees here, one is naturally generated, the other planted. It seems inconsistent to me that trees can be planted/grown, while bushes and grass can not.

mGSMz.jpg

Edited by Jov

cptCalavera    617

The path is the same one that runs through all the islands. But I agree that it looks a bit off on the stone ground. I would rather see a dirt trail rather than a stone path.

I kind of like that some items appear randomly in the "wrong" places. Like Toaster Fu's pond in the middle of a forest. :)

bluelover929    10

ive seen roads/paths through there before, maybe just rare for you? dunno, haha. but you can pick up foliage with the shovel and replant if you like...i assume you knew that though. :rolleyes:

Jov    11
you can pick up foliage with the shovel and replant if you like...i assume you knew that though. :rolleyes:
Yes, but you cannot replant saplings/bushes/grass in this biome - only trees. Just doesn't make sense to me that trees can, while the rest can't - not sure if that's a bug or a feature, however. ;)

Excess    55
Trees are stonger, so they break through the stone when growing, or something :p

You are right, if you look at the screenshot you can clearly see that the trees grew on the cracks of the stone :p

Back on topic, I like how it is right now, and I don't see it as a bug. Most of the times, the first thing I explore are paths. If the path suddenly stopped when reaching the stone island I would be lost!

Sign in to follow this