LightSear

Don't Starve & DST-Sound Settings Permanently set to 0

LightSear    0

I have no sound when I attempt to play Don't Starve or Don't Starve Together.  If I go into settings, the sound is set to 0.  When I attempt to bring the sound up to 10, I do not hear sound increasing.  When I click "apply" after setting all sound settings to 10, the sound settings simply returns to 0.

I've noticed a few others have had this problem in the past.  Based on forums I saw, I have done the following in an attempt to resolve the problem to no avail: 

updated my audio driver
set the audio bit rate from 32 to 16.
reinstalled DST
change the settings.ini file on my computer to "10"

I look forward to hearing other ideas.

Alienware 15R3
Windows 10
played via Steam

LightSear    0

I was told that third party audio software often messes with the audio, but I was not able to find any third party audio software on my computer.  My basic audio device executable is the following if that helps: RAVBg64.exe

-Variant    3,357
9 hours ago, LightSear said:

I was told that third party audio software often messes with the audio, but I was not able to find any third party audio software on my computer.  My basic audio device executable is the following if that helps: RAVBg64.exe

This is a horrific bug, but yes, it does involve some audio sources or companies.

In all my cases, they've been linked to the headset I've been using.

It's a strange bug, sometimes your headset will be fun for only so long, then it kicks in.

Personally, Logitech headsets have never had this issue with the game.

LightSear    0

I hope Klei is able to look at this problem of mine.  I'd like to play with some friends who have yet to purchase the game, but if I can't play it, this co-op game isn't an option for me