Why are Nosh Beans so terrible?

It'd be nice if nosh beans were quite productive, but required salt for fertilization and ethanol for irrigation.  They'd be an uncommonly-used but very worthwhile foodstuff on maps which could support them.

3 hours ago, Lurve said:

It'd be nice if nosh beans were quite productive, but required salt for fertilization and ethanol for irrigation.  They'd be an uncommonly-used but very worthwhile foodstuff on maps which could support them.

I like that idea.  Highly productive plants that need to be pampered with high-value materials

24 minutes ago, BaloneyOs said:

I think so far only Aridio spawns sulfur

Aridio spawns sulfur? Now that`s weird. I wonder what`s the intention for that.

As for beans i think they should just spawn more per harvest. I lke that the food types are balanced by water requirements.

2 hours ago, miauly said:

But why not petroleum then?

I`d love if there was a non edible plant irrigated with petrol. Maybe used for medicine.

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

Aridio spawns sulfur? Now that`s weird. I wonder what`s the intention for that.

Maybe it's related to the flavor of the map and its rust biome being hot? Not sure of the connection to sulfur either. Its rust biome could also spawn with pockets of salt water and sour gas.

Figured I might add something useful here. Nosh beans have infinite shelf life. Sleet wheat decays. This needs to be considered in any rebalance.

What happens if food no longer can be stored in co2? Nosh will take a spot next to berry sludge for nonperishable food. Maybe rockets should require these foods for travel.

Tofu itself is horrendous and may need an adjustment to even be considered usable. The spicy tofu recipe, though, is on par with pepper bread if you let the plants grow wild since it costs half as much product as pepper bread and wheat grows twice as fast. This makes decent sense since it's a +5 quality, sleet wheat is maybe better than it should be with the frost bun recipe.

As far as irrigation cost, nosh beans are out of line with other water users like wheat and bristles that tend to hover around 60kg of water per dupe per day. Beans need about twice as much. For plant numbers, spicy tofu is comparable to pepper bread, so that's at least reasonable, but plain tofu is again way out of line and needs almost triple.

Temperature requirements are also more strict than wheat or any other plant. This really makes them finicky even if their only real efficient use is wild growing for spicy tofu.

Archived