[Game Update] - 350563

7 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I understand Klei wated to test stuff but giving us an option that changes how we play the game and then taking it away is something you shouldn`t be doing. It gets people mad (see attached thread). Well now we are stuck with pips so we have to deal with it.

Other changes seem nice. I wonder what changed about the pipe logic and if it improves performance or makes them more intuitional on forks.

I have to disagree. The game is still in early access, what else are they supposed to do? Never release any new feature in fear they will have to remove it?

If farming was fine without wild planting before (with a couple of exceptions), then it’s still fine now.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pacovf said:

The game is still in early access, what else are they supposed to do? Never release any new feature in fear they will have to remove it?

It's good for devs to let us test and complain before releasing a full product. All a chance for failure and to fix those failures for the future.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, abhiraz said:

are your game runny laggy coz mine is super laggy

game is always laggy.  welcome to ONI.  :(  

I hope they work on more optimization.

Options to disable  reports or  limit it to past 50- 100 cycles only.    Currently its retaining cycle reports all the way back to 1.  bloating the save game and memory usage  over time.

At least we got disable auto save.   It gets worst over time.

Edited by RonEmpire
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pacovf said:

Never release any new feature in fear they will have to remove it?

Not release features that are planned to be removed. It`s clear for me that they didn`t want self planting to be in the final release. I just don`t like they added it and removed shortly after.

I`m not saying it was needed or anything. I just don`t like how it was handled.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sasza22 said:

Not release features that are planned to be removed. It`s clear for me that they didn`t want self planting to be in the final release. I just don`t like they added it and removed shortly after.

It wasn't released, it was on the test branch that you have to opt into for testing purposes.  If this went live, I could understand your complaint.  But anything is fair game on the test branch.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nitroturtle said:

But anything is fair game on the test branch.

I'd even say that anything's fair until it's out of early access: the point is to provide enough feedback in order for them to release the best v1.0 they can (aka that will satisfy the majority).

As for myself, the more challenging the better, I'm not interested in walking simulators. So this is a welcoming change :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ray-jr said:

I can't seen the clip, but I joined specifically to comment on something like this. Something very weird is going on with bridges and packets waiting in pipes, I've got a electrolyzer setup that has 2 pumps pulling O2 and H2 into a couple of mechanical filters, and something is not right. A specific answer of "mechanical filters shouldn't work" honestly wouldn't bother me, but that's not where the problem is coming in -- even before it reaches that point, it seems like when a packet of gas is waiting to enter a bridge the pumps are able to push more gas into the pipe behind it, causing a new packet to overwrite one that was in the pipe.

The end result is I'm seeing H2 packets disappear to be overwritten by O2 packets and vice versa.

This is EXACTLY whats happening.

On 7/9/2019 at 4:06 PM, Yunru said:

I think you misspelled "best" :p

I think that allowing wild planting through the Pips is the easiest way to balance wild planting. It also gives you a reason to keep them around (despite not producing any dirt like the tool tip says). It would be nice if they would add a variant of the Pip, similar to the Longhair slickster, that doesn't rummage in containers or plant seeds, but gives a much bigger decor. Maybe even make it so that duplicants can pet Longhair slicksters, and these pips if they add them, for a buff that would reduce stress.

• Like 1

Please don't up older [game update] than the last one. Each time I see an unread topic [game update] above the one I've just read, I think about a newer update, and my heart starts bouncing.

I have a heart condition, please preserve my emotionalism.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Most likely it was re-introduced to allow sandboxers and debug mode users to quickly build parks and test other features.

It was removed again to let us figure out and post a topic about how pips actually work so they can get comments.

So forth,, so on...

We are literally playing the test version of the game, we are unpaid crowdsourced testers. We get to see the game before it becomes the official update but we have to deal with being part of the testing process.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Darkin Coaled said:

We are literally playing the test version of the game, we are unpaid crowdsourced testers. We get to see the game before it becomes the official update but we have to deal with being part of the testing process.

Part of the testing process is finding out what the players want/don't want.

I would have wanted the ability to wild-plant seeds to be specific to arbor trees and not much else, but it ultimately does not matter because it is a mechanic that is very easy to ignore entirely if one does not like it, and there are uses for it that many players appreciate even if i find it unsatisfying