[Game Update] - 350563

I thought you may have turned on the moral bonus from Parks and Nature reserves, or are you saving that for the full release. Also can you not un-nerf the wheezeworts even just a little because as they are right now they are next to useless also a few more of them spawning in the ice bioms would be nice.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

Klei dev1:  Hey, what should I use for the input values on the new plant and food?

Klei dev2:  Just pick some numbers dude, someone on the forums will do the math and we'll just fix it later.  Just get it done, it's crunch time!

Now you understand crowdsourcing game balance!

Nosh sprouts are pretty ridiculous, and so is waterweed considering you need squeaky pufts (they halve mass when converting chlorine to bleach stone) that require ranching pufts first (they also halve mass, while being useless overall).

Oh I just found the spicy tofu recipe, that one actually makes nosh beans good. 1200 kcal tofu + 1000g peppernut for 4000 kcal of food with +5 quality, that's totally worth and makes it about on par with pepper bread. They just need a lot of polluted water.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ayka said:

Gas Bridges now overwrite and duplicate gasses that enter the bridge with an awaiting packet. I have a Electrolyzer setup that just produced over 750kg of Hydrogen in about 2 Minutes; and no Oxygen. I'm actually not sure what was so bad about the old fluid dynamics that needed this update :D

https://clips.twitch.tv/TenderArtisticHippoLitty

I myself actually dont know what they mean by optimising the piping? Can you elaborate what are they optimising here? 

lettuce is for the most part  horrible to domesticate.  and not sustainable at all long term.   the bleach stone. is the show stopper after your initial supply runs out. especially if there are no chorine geysers (for use with squeaky puff)

I like the ideas people are suggesting about plants reverting to their 'wild state output   when they're missing fertilization.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nivodeus said:

I myself actually dont know what they mean by optimising the piping? Can you elaborate what are they optimising here? 

Well, it used to be (in the old system) that when gasses or liquids flow through a piping system, that it took a bunch of resources (and on larger systems you'd see noticeable lag when you placed new piping as it updated the flow charts). The new system is meant to streamline that process, so that the game will run better in much later cycles, and on some of the weaker PCs. Unfortunately it has some growing pains, I was able to get the system to break pretty bad tonight, deleting Hundreds of Kilograms of Gasses, and Duplicating others. Overall fun in terms of bugs but obviously not great for balance to have your systems randomly* do whatever they want.

(* Disclaimer: Not Random, we found some patterns so we could manipulate the fluids (Liquid or Gas) to do whatever we wanted, but it was ALWAYS deleting mass so it was a Net-Loss every time.)

23 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Isn't there a sushi recipe? :wilson_curious:

there is.  its lettuce+fishmeat.
I think he's suggesting  cooking fish meat directly only -  like how mushroom is cooked to fried mushrooms only.
or meal lice you can cook that only

Huh, a surprising amount of criticism of the wild farming change. Strange.

Wild farming trivialized the game. Wild trees was free infinite power and water for example, and many other wild plants were substantial sources of completely free food both on inputs and labor.

It trivialized the whole game and I'm so happy it's been changed. I'd like the game to be at least a slight challenge. There's not really any fun when there's no challenge.

Pips keep the door open for the non-exploititive ways that wild plants can be used, while the changes made in this patch to wild planting puts an end to the nonsense that was self sustaining bases by cycle 20.

And even still, you can still exploit the game in lots of other ways if you're really into that, just rapidly toggle a tepidizer under a steam turbine, it's not like this is a huge loss to such players. Shrug.

This was a very healthy change and I like the direction that this balance goes in, much like I'm a fan of the changes made to fixed-temperature-outputs: it removes a bunch of the black magic vodo nonsense that was meta only because it was overpowered, not because it was healthy balance nor made any sense.

To each their own I suppose, but I for one hope klei keeps moving in the direction that they are.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

We need something to move critters, bottles, items on the ground. 

Also the pipe in the acqua tuner keeps breaking when you load a game and the water inside the pipe it's never freezing/evaporating

9 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Isn't there a sushi recipe? :wilson_curious:

yes, but is a high morale and need another plant like barbacue...

8 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

there is.  its lettuce+fishmeat.
I think he's suggesting  cooking fish meat directly only -  like how mushroom is cooked to fried mushrooms only.
or meal lice you can cook that only

this! and normal meat too...

steak:meat+salt

fried fish:pacu fillet+salt

Edited by Rebrait

11 hours ago, Ayka said:

Gas Bridges now overwrite and duplicate gasses that enter the bridge with an awaiting packet. I have a Electrolyzer setup that just produced over 750kg of Hydrogen in about 2 Minutes; and no Oxygen. I'm actually not sure what was so bad about the old fluid dynamics that needed this update :D

https://clips.twitch.tv/TenderArtisticHippoLitty

I can't seen the clip, but I joined specifically to comment on something like this. Something very weird is going on with bridges and packets waiting in pipes, I've got a electrolyzer setup that has 2 pumps pulling O2 and H2 into a couple of mechanical filters, and something is not right. A specific answer of "mechanical filters shouldn't work" honestly wouldn't bother me, but that's not where the problem is coming in -- even before it reaches that point, it seems like when a packet of gas is waiting to enter a bridge the pumps are able to push more gas into the pipe behind it, causing a new packet to overwrite one that was in the pipe.

The end result is I'm seeing H2 packets disappear to be overwritten by O2 packets and vice versa.

Edited by ray-jr

12 hours ago, TheIceD said:

POIs are still undeconstructable :(

Guys, come on, we can deconstruct really useful anti entropy generator but can't remove fscking derelict table...

Please give us a way to move and destroy the decorative structures. I shouldn't have to cheat to get rid of that crap but it would also be great if you could move it into your base and make a nice lounge area etc.. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, goboking said:

Wild planting wasn't a thing a few weeks ago.  If you were enjoying the game then, it stands to reason you should be able to enjoy it now.

Have you somehow missed all the other changes of the last weeks? And please do not presume to tell me what I "should" be enjoying. It is exceptionally impolite.

2 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Have you somehow missed all the other changes of the last weeks? And please do not presume to tell me what I "should" be enjoying. It is exceptionally impolite.

There is one post from last week, which would be valid to bring up again.

Personally I prefer the game to be like how I have fun playing. If other people have fun playing in some other way, then it's fine with me. That's part of the reason why I want more configurable difficulty settings. It's impossible to make one set of rules, which makes everybody happy.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:

Personally I prefer the game to be like how I have fun playing. If other people have fun playing in some other way, then it's fine with me. That's part of the reason why I want more configurable difficulty settings. It's impossible to make one set of rules, which makes everybody happy.

Honestly I was reading the forum and I must say that suggestion was very, very appealing :

On 01/07/2019 at 8:14 AM, metallichydra said:

we need more settings

Hide contents

settingsfilled.thumb.png.e1a55bbc024d87355b029831011c79a9.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mullematsch said:

Please give us a way to move and destroy the decorative structures. I shouldn't have to cheat to get rid of that crap but it would also be great if you could move it into your base and make a nice lounge area etc.. 

I think they should allow us to deconstruct them BUT they drop into an "item" type that allows us to reconstruct them somewhere else.
Basically a relocation

Edited by RonEmpire
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Christophlette said:

Honestly I was reading the forum and I must say that suggestion was very, very appealing :

But there is no setting to set the waiting time for wild plant growth, which now apparently should default to never.

Other than that, yes I like the idea of adding those settings, or at least most of them. It would be really nice if it could be some sort of setting engine, meaning mods would be able to add more settings and it's done in a way which will not break the savegame if the mod is later removed.

• Like 1

I understand Klei wated to test stuff but giving us an option that changes how we play the game and then taking it away is something you shouldn`t be doing. It gets people mad (see attached thread). Well now we are stuck with pips so we have to deal with it.

Other changes seem nice. I wonder what changed about the pipe logic and if it improves performance or makes them more intuitional on forks.

• Thanks 1