What do you do to counter summer?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. What do YOU do when summer hits?

• Stay on surface
    • Base in caves
    • I usually have wildfires/summer turned off

9 hours ago, Brago-sama said:

Lureplants are the most fire susceptible objects in the game

Basically, if it's summer and the game says something should be smoldering, if a lureplant is onscreen, it will be the object chosen every time. 

With that in mind, as long as your base is within eyesight of the bulb, and you have a flingo on it, you can greatly extend the range of your base without having to worry about random fires or fueling multiple flingos

I believe this only works in single player, not DST.

9 hours ago, Brago-sama said:

Lureplants are the most fire susceptible objects in the game

Basically, if it's summer and the game says something should be smoldering, if a lureplant is onscreen, it will be the object chosen every time. 

With that in mind, as long as your base is within eyesight of the bulb, and you have a flingo on it, you can greatly extend the range of your base without having to worry about random fires or fueling multiple flingos

5 minutes ago, WhoSalty said:

Nope, works is DST as well. I have my summer base set up like that and the bulbs constantly start smoldering every so often. Been 5ish summers and nothing else but the bulbs start smoldering 

3 hours ago, Brago-sama said:

Nope, works is DST as well. I have my summer base set up like that and the bulbs constantly start smoldering every so often. Been 5ish summers and nothing else but the bulbs start smoldering 

Wish I had known this.  In single player I always use the power of lureplants when setting up my base.  Usually use the following template for base design,

Archived