Sign in to follow this  
Furio

Ethanol in Petroleum generators

Furio    0

Playing the test build, I managed to get both Ethanol and Petroleum in a Petroleum Generator. It doesn't run with both types of fuel in the tank, but how do I correct it? Is the only way to deconstruct the generator and build it again?

KittenIsAGeek    1,136

@FurioI believe deconstructing may be the only solution.  Dupe-operated machines, such as the grill or rock crusher have an "empty storage" button, but I don't think that the petrol generator does.

Nightinggale    959
Posted (edited)

Sounds like this could be worthy of a bug report. While it isn't game breaking because it's easily avoided when you know what to avoid, it's still a bug and it would be nice if the generator can recover without player interaction.

When I wrote the pipe pressure valve mod, I had a similar problem as in it could jam if it has mixed elements in the input. It wasn't super hard to write code to make it recover without player interaction once I was aware of the issue. For this reason, when you encounter a problem, report it if it isn't already on the bug tracker. It's really hard for developers to fix unreported bugs if they don't encounter them themselves by chance.

Edited by Nightinggale
  • Like 2