[Game Update] - 349444

• Developer

Hey everyone! 

We were unable to fix the piping crash in time for the weekend, so we've backed out the piping optimizations. We'll continue to work on them over here and send them out again next week some time.

Additionally, we've done further work on building outputs, doing an iteration over all the buildings to ensure that their output temperatures and temperature behaviors are consistent with the design and theme goals of each building, and generally consistent with the rest of the system. This includes making the Water Sieve pass input heat directly to output heat. We're continuing to read your feedback and discussions on these mechanics, thanks so much for your support.

Have a fun weekend!

• Fix a crash if a building attached to a pipe is destroyed
  • Fabricators show a status item if they don't have anything queued
  • Table Salt can now be stored
  • Totally Tubular achievement should no longer be awarded after load
  • Turn down Desalinator sounds a bit to fit more in line with rest of buildings
  • More tooltip formatting
  • Further Saltvine sound effects
  • Remove a behaviour where tree branches would be destroyed on harves
  • Updated Chinese translations
  • Backed out the piping construction/flow optimizations to fix various hard crashes
  • Balance and consistency pass on many building's material output temperatures

View full update

• Like 19
  • Thanks 19

Thanks for backing the pipe optimization, I couldn't wait to give flushable WC to my duplicants after 150 cycles :emmersed:

I wish you to succed next week, today wasn't just the day. Have a well deserved week end :cupcake:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chemie said:
  • Balance and consistency pass on many building's material output temperatures

So numbers?

7 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

This includes making the Water Sieve pass input heat directly to output heat.

Mostly input = output ?

I just fear further changes might heat the discussion even more. Each change to the system might be controversial at this point. Reminds me the Tracer pose drama when Blizzard changed it after someone complained a few years ago.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I just fear further changes might heat the discussion even more. Each change to the system might be controversial at this point. Reminds me the Tracer pose drama when Blizzard changed it after someone complained a few years ago.

I assume they will let us bump our heads with the new output temperatures for a few days, and then buff the "official" cooling buildings / features in accordance to whatever caused the most outrage in the forums.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

It’s an early access game making strategy to go overboard on changes in order to get real feedback on what the correct balance is. There’s a name for it, but I don’t recall what it is. The constructive complaints with real examples are super useful to the devs! The emotional reaction to change, probably less so, but unavoidable. In this case, going overboard and backing out will likely have net fewer complaints than if they just changed the sieve to net neutral first thing. In my opinion, brilliantly executed!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

It's difficult to have controversy when there's an objectively correct choice.

Which we now have.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

If I get it correctly, for the WS for example, there's no more minimum temp neither ? Input ph2o + input sand (+ some heat ?) = output pdirt = output h2o ?

(When I said +, of course that's not a addition, it just does mean that those are factors of the result t°, into an algorithm I don't know about)

Did I get it right ?

Edited by OxCD

1 minute ago, chemie said:

until you try to sieve PW below -3C and if a new player, have no idea why there is water always on the floors ans pipes keep breaking.

Until you try to cool a Metal Refinery making Steel with Water as coolant or using a Glass Forge that gonna blowup.... that's mostly match with any of these, and how liquids works in pipes imo.

3 minutes ago, OxCD said:

If I get it correctly, for the WS for example, there's no more minimum temp neither ? Input ph2o + input sand (+ some heat ?) = output pdirt = output h2o ?

(When I said +, of course that's not a addition, it just does mean that those are factors of the result t°, into an algorithm I don't know about)

Did I get it right ?

That's the way I read it. Of course, I'm at work so I can't test it... 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, chemie said:

until you try to sieve PW below -3C and if a new player, have no idea why there is water always on the floors ans pipes keep breaking.

Then the aquatuner gets used and you have to pay for your heated water finally.
Though I guess the tepidizer does fit that role too. Kinda used to just heating PW by cooling something else.

Edited by Risu