Aquatuner+Steam Turbine compact designs?

15 hours ago, Vampyre_by said:

I can't see any turbine cooling here. Also, how are you going to deal with magma turning into solid squares?

I'm not sure what you mean. There is a turbine there. It kicks in if I need the power. The aquatuner could cool down other stuff as well, would just have to add one sensor to make sure the turbine kicks in if the steam gets too hot, even though I might not need the power. 

1.thumb.jpg.e1f609a5016667917c86a22a0fe99c4a.jpg

As for having tiles form... I don't know how/when that happens. But I have a couple of these designs and never saw any blocks forming.

On 27.07.2019 at 4:01 PM, Mullematsch said:

I'm not sure what you mean.

If you start to make power with it constantly, you will face 2 problems:
1) Turbine will become too hot without cooling (100C)

2) Magma after cooling down to a certain temperature will become a solid igneous rock which will entomb your volcano

3 hours ago, Vampyre_by said:

If you start to make power with it constantly, you will face 2 problems:
1) Turbine will become too hot without cooling (100C)

2) Magma after cooling down to a certain temperature will become a solid igneous rock which will entomb your volcano

1) Yeah, there is an aquatuner there. It cools down the turbine. However, I have since learned that you can set it up self cooling which is what I should have done.

image.thumb.png.6fcb44489d4fcf7a83ea4b2c17e6fbe3.png

2) Igneuos rock tiles are annoying, easy to fix just by adding another sensor down there to never let it get that hot. That is what has been happening since I use the power as soon as enough heat is available. 

28 minutes ago, PickPay said:

How is the AquaTuner not overheating since it is not submerged in liquid ?

Steel Aquatuners won't overheat but pipes will almost inevitably break due to mix of hot and cold water sometimes breaching freezing limit.

Archived