Listen I know I made that post about the Clayfish server a while ago, and first of all I deeply regret it because all in all I realised there wasn't actually anything wrong with it. Now, I hear people are going into 1000+ day servers and voting to reset. For the love of god please behave yourselves and don't do that. Not every server with 1000+ days is full of big bad Edgy Rick tryhards that want to put traps around the postern. I had a chance to play with some of those people the other day and it was actually kinda fun. So I don't know if people say the Clayfish post and were like "Hey lets start witch hunting severs with more than 50 days" or what but please do not be a clown about this.

Actually the chumps with mentioned tentacles madness starting with that El-something kid (forgot the name) that was actually their leader continued to do those shenanigans, they even trapped caves entrances (and marked with discrete walls the safe ones), put Moon Lenses in various locations on map instructing newbies to go there - where they placed spider dens and tentacle fields.. all in all reversed griefing, but still major griefing. I know that for sure 'cause I had 2 friends as "moles" in their inner group - thus I've even found out that beside their main base they hid loot on boats on ocean. But yeah, they trashed most people logging there, voted casuals out when more of their friends wanted to play, only a minority of experienced players were allowed - and they were lying about "server rules" made by that El-something lad. So yeah, no wonder they gained some pissed off people "hunting" them - I would've been one of those "hunters" if my ping with said servers wasn't >400. Klei Official pubs are a ground for everyone, not for entitled "elitists". You reap what you sow.

1 minute ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Actually the chumps with mentioned tentacles madness starting with that El-something kid (forgot the name) that was actually their leader continued to do those shenanigans, they even trapped caves entrances (and marked with discrete walls the safe ones), put Moon Lenses in various locations on map instructing newbies to go there - where they placed spider dens and tentacle fields.. all in all reversed griefing, but still major griefing. I know that for sure 'cause I had 2 friends as "moles" in their inner group - thus I've even found out that beside their main base they hid loot on boats on ocean. But yeah, they trashed most people logging there, voted casuals out when more of their friends wanted to play, only a minority of experienced players were allowed - and they were lying about "server rules" made by that El-something lad. So yeah, no wonder they gained some pissed off people "hunting" them - I would've been one of those "hunters" if my ping with said servers wasn't >400. Klei Official pubs are a ground for everyone, not for entitled "elitists". You reap what you sow.

Was on Ipsquiggle with these people, saw absolutely no evidence of this. You gonna back any of this up with screenshots?

8 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

With that attitude of yours i only see you and your "2 friends as moles" are the real griefers. If people in there are bad guys, there's no need to being cocky about being "spy" and tell what they did, everyone can join and try to find out if it's real, or just play in other servers and avoid wasting time. If you didn't speak, people would think "heh, this post is trash, the el- blahblah are bad guys" or "ok i see maybe he was right, im gonna try it, if lucky i can have some fun experience in the game" . But now you just proved you are f**king sore loser, ruin others' fun, you have no life trying to make someone argue with you and waste their time.

9 hours ago, Habberdash said:

Was on Ipsquiggle with these people, saw absolutely no evidence of this. You gonna back any of this up with screenshots?

Funny thing you ask such stuff as you assume I'm out there gathering evidence for something (wow, griefing on Klei official servers, who would've thought?!) as if those chaps are an important aspect of anything for me personally. I was just curious, like you probably, if what some people on this forums were complaining about (1, 2 & 3 - were more topics regarding "groups taking Klei official servers captive via traps" in past, almost always about ClayFish one) is true or not - or if more nuanced than "black-and-white". It seems in case of Ipsguiggle and ClayFish Official Servers last week that was the case - tentacle traps in baiting Moon Lenses places on surface, likewise in some Sinkholes around spawn gate. From what my friends told me, El Bee (remembered the nick, he probably changed it; my friends told this chap was frequently changing nicks - I wonder why) was "da B0$$" proverbially pulling the strings, the one telling people "to follow the rules of this server" (rules pulled out his hind ofc), sending peeps asking for base to the Lense Traps and whatnot. At the opposite end, being helpful in spite of his group tendencies, was RoMp trying to give a helping hand to the poor random schmucks. Thus yeah, a bit more nuanced - just a bit.

But for the life of me I don't get something in all this manure-show: why you people aren't making your main base on Moon Island or deep in Ruins on those Wilds peninsulas, at Atrium, in Cave Swamp (if generated) or in that particular generation of Sunken Forest biome past Stalagmite Spider area? Why a noob surface base on main continent, then going to such lengths in making decoys with traps, Celestial Orb on ocean in most remote part from that noobish base and the like when you can safely build into those listed locations with no stress some random griefer would pop and trash your stuff - I guarantee ye no griefer (except the personal enemies you might've gained with your shenanigans), not even Clouds (with his bots) would make a boat, roam ocean for days to find Moon Island and burn/hammer/take your stuff. You can even build a 2/3 "bridge" to Moon Island, and last 1/3 just use a boat to cross, then place it a bit further from said crossing arrangement. Let people play as they want on main Forest landmass and also do your mojo in a more thoughtful manner. Is nice you bunch wanna keep a Klei server alive for as long it's possible, but don't do it at the expense of others and their entertainment. You only create additional griefers.

"But for the life of me I don't get something in all this manure-show: why you people aren't making your main base on Moon Island..."

This is non beta DST

"...deep in Ruins on those Wilds peninsulas, at Atrium, in Cave Swamp (if generated) or in that particular generation of Sunken Forest biome past Stalagmite Spider area?"

We wanted the base to be found, half the fun of DST is playing together. Caves are dark, inhospitable, and undapper.

Generally greifing started and ended with day 1 willow using her lighter near spawn.

"You only create additional griefers."

This is denying other player's agency. Sure El Be is bossy, but that doesn't he deserve to be griefed. This is Victim Blaming.

"...then going to such lengths in making decoys with traps, Celestial Orb on ocean in most remote part from that noobish base and the like when you can safely build into those listed locations with no stress some random griefer would pop and trash your stuff..."

Other people make bases. We tried to up keep a noob base and PK and portal so people can join in winter and summer. They got repeatedly burnt. Blaming a builder for this is Victim Blaming.

Being put out of bound is part of normal gameplay, its why the /rescue command exists.

"Funny thing you ask such stuff as you assume I'm out there gathering evidence for something (wow, griefing on Klei official servers, who would've thought?!)"

" Moon Lenses in various locations on map instructing newbies to go there - where they placed spider dens and tentacle fields.. all in all reversed griefing, but still major griefing. "

You accused the server of leading noobs to moonlens with traps with no evidence. Spider eggs spawn queen spiders which makes more eggs there is nothing we can do about that.

As for the tentacle fields,They are useful for hound waves and bossing, but ultimately avoidable. There is no solid evidence of tentacle traps that were to used on other players. Moonlens in a tentacle trap is more trouble retrieving then leaving there and its not our responsibly for what other people keep in their inventories.

It seems you may be biased toward Klei Servers being beginner only, but as a counter point they have no active in game moderators, no ban lists (outside of breaking TOS), no chat filtering, No World Saving(eg. the rollback tab in hosted server list), and no Family Share protection. They are truly anarchic chaotic places to be where your 8 hours of base building gets deleted because 3 other people want to regenerate more than survive together. I would never recommend playing on them alone, rather make a HOST server instead.

3 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Funny thing you ask such stuff as you assume I'm out there gathering evidence for something (wow, griefing on Klei official servers, who would've thought?!) as if those chaps are an important aspect of anything for me personally. I was just curious, like you probably, if what some people on this forums were complaining about (1, 2 & 3 - were more topics regarding "groups taking Klei official servers captive via traps" in past, almost always about ClayFish one) is true or not - or if more nuanced than "black-and-white". It seems in case of Ipsguiggle and ClayFish Official Servers last week that was the case - tentacle traps in baiting Moon Lenses places on surface, likewise in some Sinkholes around spawn gate. From what my friends told me, El Bee (remembered the nick, he probably changed it; my friends told this chap was frequently changing nicks - I wonder why) was "da B0$$" proverbially pulling the strings, the one telling people "to follow the rules of this server" (rules pulled out his hind ofc), sending peeps asking for base to the Lense Traps and whatnot. At the opposite end, being helpful in spite of his group tendencies, was RoMp trying to give a helping hand to the poor random schmucks. Thus yeah, a bit more nuanced - just a bit.

But for the life of me I don't get something in all this manure-show: why you people aren't making your main base on Moon Island or deep in Ruins on those Wilds peninsulas, at Atrium, in Cave Swamp (if generated) or in that particular generation of Sunken Forest biome past Stalagmite Spider area? Why a noob surface base on main continent, then going to such lengths in making decoys with traps, Celestial Orb on ocean in most remote part from that noobish base and the like when you can safely build into those listed locations with no stress some random griefer would pop and trash your stuff - I guarantee ye no griefer (except the personal enemies you might've gained with your shenanigans), not even Clouds (with his bots) would make a boat, roam ocean for days to find Moon Island and burn/hammer/take your stuff. You can even build a 2/3 "bridge" to Moon Island, and last 1/3 just use a boat to cross, then place it a bit further from said crossing arrangement. Let people play as they want on main Forest landmass and also do your mojo in a more thoughtful manner. Is nice you bunch wanna keep a Klei server alive for as long it's possible, but don't do it at the expense of others and their entertainment. You only create additional griefers.

So when someone asks for evidence of bad behavior your response is to on a long rant about how bad it is... and just forget to provide the evidence? The dedication of your trolling group's attemps to deceive the users of these forums is finally unwraveling. And good riddance.

2 hours ago, Fuzzy_Waffle said:

So when someone asks for evidence of bad behavior your response is to on a long rant about how bad it is... and just forget to provide the evidence? The dedication of your trolling group's attemps to deceive the users of these forums is finally unwraveling. And good riddance.

I mean considering the amount of threads that has been made about this particular group of players does there really need to be evidence? I highly doubt that multiple people saying the same things at different times (months apart even) are some how coordinating this elaborate event just to pick on some no-names hogging an official server.

Besides when I look at both IPsquiggle and Clayfish as of this time neither of the servers are past day 70 (1 year cycle) so what evidence is there to gather anymore? The worlds have been erased so the only evidence is pictures of the past. The proof is in the multiple posts that have come up in the past few months over this issue, some posts of which have people admitting to things like tentacle trapping the touch stones and doing whatever in their power to prevent new players (all viewed as guilty until proven innocent by your incredible fear of being greifed) from mingling with the main group controlling the server.

You know, all of this stress and completely useless posting could've been prevented if your group made their own server and played by their own rules? Then what argument is there? I suggest your group make your own server with your own rules then people won't make threads about you as much.

1 hour ago, ItsPizzaTime said:

I mean considering the amount of threads that has been made about this particular group of players does there really need to be evidence? I highly doubt that multiple people saying the same things at different times (months apart even) are some how coordinating this elaborate event just to pick on some no-names hogging an official server.

Besides when I look at both IPsquiggle and Clayfish as of this time neither of the servers are past day 70 (1 year cycle) so what evidence is there to gather anymore? The worlds have been erased so the only evidence is pictures of the past. The proof is in the multiple posts that have come up in the past few months over this issue, some posts of which have people admitting to things like tentacle trapping the touch stones and doing whatever in their power to prevent new players (all viewed as guilty until proven innocent by your incredible fear of being greifed) from mingling with the main group controlling the server.

You know, all of this stress and completely useless posting could've been prevented if your group made their own server and played by their own rules? Then what argument is there? I suggest your group make your own server with your own rules then people won't make threads about you as much.

As long as we're handing out unsolicited suggestions to people here's mine to you: play the actual server next time before making up your opinion. You say things like "your group" but I didn't know any of these people when I started playing on clayfish. There were literally dozens of regulars the vast majority of which were people like me who randomly joined one day and stuck around. Have a little skepticism next time people keep making claims without evidence because they could be doing it in bad faith, as one poster clearly was.

19 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

thus I've even found out that beside their main base they hid loot on boats on ocean.

This is beta content? Does any Klei-official beta server exist? Is Ipsguiggle or Clayfish an beta server?If it is a private server, I think the better idea is to contact the server admin, or write a post in their server group page.

It seems in case of Ipsguiggle and ClayFish Official Servers last week that was the case - tentacle traps in baiting Moon Lenses places on surface, likewise in some Sinkholes around spawn gate.

I played in Clayfish Ipsguiggle last week. I can remember only 2 tentacle traps there: the Bee Queen trap, and a Krampus farm, which isn't shown on the map. If you see a trap anywhere else, please show the screenshot. I know you have, right?

Funny thing you ask such stuff as you assume I'm out there gathering evidence for something (wow, griefing on Klei official servers, who would've thought?!) as if those chaps are an important aspect of anything for me personally. I was just curious, like you probably, if what some people on this forums were complaining about( 1, 2 & 3

Oh sorry I didn's see you said "It seems in case of Ipsguiggle and ClayFish Official Servers last week that was the case - tentacle traps in baiting Moon Lenses places on surface, likewise in some Sinkholes around spawn gate." without collecting evidence (I mean the Ipsguiggle one).

I checked the posts again, and find Number 2 is talking about Ipsguiggle, but which one of "tentacle traps in baiting Moon Lenses places on surface, likewise in some Sinkholes around spawn gate" is happening in Ipsguiggle?

4 hours ago, Artyorange said:

Hi there Bobby (if you are who I think you are :)), welcome to the forums!

Yeah, forgot about "Turn of Tides" not actually being out yet (and as I've been playing Beta for the past weeks, messed the concepts pretty nicely), but rest of points are valid alternatives (also to clarify about that sea additional-loot hiding for Cean: in spare Krampus Sacks).

Most of us pub divers have been griefed at some point - as response you can stop playing said pubs (go for community servers if still wanting to play with random people), base deep in caves (and on Moon Island when beta rolls for main) or.. do what El and bliz initiated for a long time it seems on Clayfish. And that wasn't nice. I am not out to prove anything for the larger player-base, like some stated: play there and see "magic" depending on your experience in DST. I for one was just curious regarding what I've read in past about this Clayfish server, and for me the matter is clarified and closed. Again: one reaps what one sows. Cheers!

9 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Hi there Bobby (if you are who I think you are :)), welcome to the forums!

Yeah, forgot about "Turn of Tides" not actually being out yet (and as I've been playing Beta for the past weeks, messed the concepts pretty nicely), but rest of points are valid alternatives (also to clarify about that sea additional-loot hiding for Cean: in spare Krampus Sacks).

Most of us pub divers have been griefed at some point - as response you can stop playing said pubs (go for community servers if still wanting to play with random people), base deep in caves (and on Moon Island when beta rolls for main) or.. do what El and bliz initiated for a long time it seems on Clayfish. And that wasn't nice. I am not out to prove anything for the larger player-base, like some stated: play there and see "magic" depending on your experience in DST. I for one was just curious regarding what I've read in past about this Clayfish server, and for me the matter is clarified and closed. Again: one reaps what one sows. Cheers!

Okay, so the problem is all about Clayfish server now? I am happy with those didn't happen in Ipsguiggle.

1 hour ago, cean said:

Okay, so the problem is all about Clayfish server now? I am happy with those didn't happen in Ipsguiggle.

Atm have no idea, OP wrote about a day 1k+ Clayfish being reset. If curious hop the server and see for yourself.

Ipsguiggle was us mega basing without the day count in mind.

Ispguiggle was to be less strict, base rush that was supposed to die in a day. We had some bases at Oasis, PK portal and the only walrus camp.We did read the posts and feel bad about blocking off the touchstones. was so we made a moonlens at base and we would revive some people bring them to base during spring and autumn. There was a touchstone at the Walrus base so it was really up to anyone to find the base to get revived during winter and summer.

We had someone who would always play at night time USA because our group has people from Asian Contries in it, and the majority of the group European and USA players. There was no super greifing other then 2 regen votes, so it lasted way longer then expected.

It wasn't a World record world where everyone was bossy and annoying, it got old with Clayfish and we do read the forum. It sucks that Clayfish mega base will be known for that stupid thelucite maze, no revives, and Skeleton on touchstone glitch instead of the world record. Do evil things, win infamy instead of fame is what I take from that base. I probably won't base rush on a Klei server again too much drama.

Klei please fix the skeleton on touchstone glitch its evil.

5 hours ago, Fuzzy_Waffle said:

As long as we're handing out unsolicited suggestions to people here's mine to you: play the actual server next time before making up your opinion. You say things like "your group" but I didn't know any of these people when I started playing on clayfish. There were literally dozens of regulars the vast majority of which were people like me who randomly joined one day and stuck around. Have a little skepticism next time people keep making claims without evidence because they could be doing it in bad faith, as one poster clearly was.

Well gee since you seem to care whether or not I actually want to play on a public Klei server and spend the time making it look nice when its inevitably going to be all erased anyways, no thanks I think I'll stick to servers with friends where threads like these popping up every week aren't even a possibility. My point had literally nothing to do with my interest in joining a public server that goes on for thousands of days, I have no interest in caring or not whether any of this is true, just saying that the forums are usually a pretty tame place and people don't make threads like these often, especially three of them within two months about the same two servers and the same group of people.

Also when in one of the threads there is a person LITERALLY admitting to putting tentacles on things what proof do I even need? All of this pointless strife could have been avoided if the defending group of players just made their own server.

"Dealing with trollsssssssssssss is bad enough. My team do not want to deal with trollssssssssssssss with 3 lives. My team has decided to tentacle the touch stones. My team has to accept that the touchstones would remain unusable to us too, and that public are the collateral damage in the war against trolls. This collateral damage is already reduced compared to tentacles at the portal."

Posted by blizstorm in the "negativity in klei official server" 

On 7/5/2019 at 9:34 AM, Habberdash said:

Listen I know I made that post about the Clayfish server a while ago, and first of all I deeply regret it because all in all I realised there wasn't actually anything wrong with it.

Habberdash, can you explain what you saw that convinced you were wrong? You have hidden your previous thread, and among which, some experiences of other players. In particular, I liked Sinsenza's story.

Just a reminder to everyone, that revenge griefing is discouraged, and would be a bannable offence in some DST communities. Perhaps the wisdom is that truth may be distorted by different perspective and malicious lies

Clayfish had a troll who ran to a few discord channels, claiming he had 500 days on clayfish and were asking for people to regenerate the world. Fortunately, the seniors in those communities were wise to point out to no revenge griefing 

3 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Atm have no idea, OP wrote about a day 1k+ Clayfish being reset. If curious hop the server and see for yourself.

During my days in Ipsguiggle, I saw no tentacle traps around touchstone/spawn/cave stair/sinkhole/wormhole. Some map area was revealed by Ocuvigils, but there was no tentacle trap too. Maybe some spider dens? Didn't seem like a death trap, too (I mean, neither guarding bling-bling stuff nor blocking a way, just sparsely distributing on map). Anyway, I think it is reasonable for removing Ipsguiggle from a list of "the server with deathtrap killing newcomers".

Well gee since you seem to care whether or not I actually want to play on a public Klei server and spend the time making it look nice when its inevitably going to be all erased anyways, no thanks I think I'll stick to servers with friends where threads like these popping up every week aren't even a possibility. My point had literally nothing to do with my interest in joining a public server that goes on for thousands of days, I have no interest in caring or not whether any of this is true, just saying that the forums are usually a pretty tame place and people don't make threads like these often, especially three of them within two months about the same two servers and the same group of people.

I thought the quality of posts between the different parties should be discerning enough. On one side, you have people who disrespect the naming rule, changes name so often, deny all attempts to offer evidence. By the way, of the 3 threads, one person made 2 threads. Furthermore, Habberdash is now retracting his allegations. You should wonder what Habberdash saw that he is now retracting his allegations. 

Allow me to give you a possible story. There is someone, an identified griefer in some communities, who perceive division of labour as slavery, the indifference of newcomer as cruelty against newbies, education as dictatorship. Hence, he takes up on a crusade to destroy a 4000 days old world, by first hammering flingomatics and blowing up bunny hutches with gunpowder. He happens to be killed by gunpowder. For the destruction, that someone is labelled as a griefer by the majority of the people on the world. Hence, that someone was murdered and kicked. Him being murdered, was perceived to be as every player on the world conspiring against him and the rest. This person, would change different name to get back onto the world, hoping no one would remember him and perhaps revive him. He would also run to different discord channels, getting people to help regenerate the world, lying about day count if he has to. As an act of charity, I held griefers on the world, since griefer ghost on Clayfish are pretty harmless, and if they are on Clayfish, they cannot be griefing other worlds. Unfortunately, while holding these ghosts, they meet up and conspire, to later get enough numbers to regenerate the world.

This someone then joined the Klei forum, providing allegations without evidence. x0VERSUS1y decided they are credible insiders, and to champion their cause, making a libel if he has to. 10+ players who were not part of the founding team, liked the world and hence they stayed and defended it. These players were offended by the falsehood, and they refute the allegations

This person, later joined ipsguiggle, and was surprised that he was kicked. He then make another thread, alleging that the same group would not allow new people to join, but there are still reports of new people joining. He felt entitled to join after griefing on other world! When he was murdered on ipsguiggle, he was carrying 80 gunpowder. i wonder what is that is that good for... ipsguiggle was later regenerated by by this someone and his crusaders

Well, this is just a possible story.

Also when in one of the threads there is a person LITERALLY admitting to putting tentacles on things what proof do I even need? All of this pointless strife could have been avoided if the defending group of players just made their own server.

A griefer can joln Klei word 10 minutes after they are kicked. They have up to 30 seconds to burn and hammer your base each time they join. Are you going to make 7 players, lose up to 7*8 minutes of playtime, every 10 minutes whenever a griefer join? My solution is to murder them and block their revival. Is your solution to deny of my 'right' to play Klei world because of griefers? Do you have a better solution?

3 hours ago, blizstorm said:

Well, this is just a possible story.

A griefer can joln Klei word 10 minutes after they are kicked. They have up to 30 seconds to burn and hammer your base each time they join. Are you going to make 7 players, lose up to 7*8 minutes of playtime, every 10 minutes whenever a griefer join? My solution is to murder them and block their revival. Is your solution to deny of my 'right' to play Klei world because of griefers? Do you have a better solution?

It's not so much that you're wrong, as it is that you're wronging others due to fear of being wronged by someone else...all on a public set of servers rather than a private one. And from what you're saying, it was all due to a personal feud with one particular player who supposedly leads a gang of saboteurs against you.

Meanwhile, your traps were still killing random players just looking for a public server to play on...so yea, anyone getting mad at you for that is kinda justified? If you decide to stoop to the level of a griefer, expect to be seen as one yourself, and to be treated as such.

If you really do have some organized gang of clever griefers with limitless identities and a pocket full of lies stalking you across the game servers, you may want to look into a private server. That's usually where people go when they want long-term worlds. Frankly, I'd love it too if it were possible to have long term worlds with random players...but not when it leads to situations like this that give a slap in the face to the rest of the DST community.

2 hours ago, blizstorm said:

Yeah, the better solution is called make your own server with your own rules I've only said it in every post I've made so far in this thread. That way, instead of spending your time and resources preventing people from using touch stones you can just ban the people you don't want to play, make dedicated backups to your world, actually keep your progress, theres a lot of pluses to having your own dedicated server.

Taking over a public server and complaining about the people who come and go is the dumbest thing ever and I can't believe these threads are still being made. People are so afraid of trolls coming in and voting to reset... you know they can't vote to reset a server that you are admin of right?

On 7/6/2019 at 1:03 AM, ItsPizzaTime said:

Yeah, the better solution is called make your own server with your own rules I've only said it in every post I've made so far in this thread. That way, instead of spending your time and resources preventing people from using touch stones you can just ban the people you don't want to play, make dedicated backups to your world, actually keep your progress, theres a lot of pluses to having your own dedicated server.

Another rando who played on Clayfish and in Isquiggle as well. I missed the last few discussions and only tuned in recently, largely because I ran into Habberdash on Isquiggle. So I'm here to give my unsolicited hot take. I guess, technically, I am an "El" as well, but there were no prerequisites for that besides changing my nick.

I've played DST since it was released and I played the solo game before that. I have just under a thousand hours on DST. None of my friends are as into DST as I am, and I'm really nervous around strangers, so I've never sought out a group. Furthermore, my work schedule is quite irregular so it would've been really difficult to arrange a play time with such a large group of people. A lot of people think we're a circle of friends or a "clique". While I'm flattered it seemed that way, we're really not. Like fuzzy waffle and Be said, none of us knew anyone before we joined Clayfish. I changed my name as a joke because I saw other people doing it. We don't communicate besides in game. I don't even have the other Els as friends on steam. I'm glad hosting a server with your friends works for you, but it's just not a thing for some of us. I really appreciate Bliz, the "El"s, and other players who played on the pub servers instead of on a private server. It's given me an opportunity to play the game beyond how far I would've normally gone on a pub server or even by myself. I learned a lot and had a lot of fun. It was really nice to have a "team" experience. I would've never had this chance if Bliz took your advice and the advice of many others on this forum and hosted a private server. The loudest voices are usually the negative ones. I daresay a good number of the people who enjoyed their time on Clayfish or Isquiggle, like a good portion of the player base, do not post on forums.

Regarding the "griefing", maybe it's because I spent too much time on random pubs, but the way I see it, On Tentacle is wicker's ability, so I don't think using it is trolling, unless you're using it to take away from someone else's work. I think almost everyone, myself included, have died to Bliz's tentacles at one point or another. Romp and I almost died going through the infamous "maze". I think everyone has a "right" to play on klei servers, but I don't think you have a "right" to dictate how other players play. You're not entitled to receive a resurrection from other players, and you're not entitled to know the location of their base. This is true of any pub server, not just the 1k+ day ones. And quite honestly, at any given time there were at least a dozen other available DST servers which were under 70 days for people to play on if they didn't like the 1k+ day one.

There are things that are common courtesy, like not stealing other people's items and not breaking other people's structures.  There are also unspoken rules like leaving upon death if you don't have a friend to resurrect you. But I don't think it's "trolling" to build "mazes" near spawn or, honestly, "block off" touchstones, unless you also think it is trolling to build decorative structures, use "on Tentacle" in any capacity, or simply die shortly after resurrecting by touchstone. And plenty of pub worlds have people digging up grass tufts, saplings, and berries from spawn. I think the ones on Clayfish eventually burned out from wildfires, because they were still around when I joined on day 700+.

13 hours ago, frostymouse2 said:

Another rando who played on Clayfish and in Isquiggle as well. I missed the last few discussions and only tuned in recently, largely because I ran into Habberdash on Isquiggle. So I'm here to give my unsolicited hot take. I guess, technically, I am an "El" as well, but there were no prerequisites for that besides changing my nick.

I've played DST since it was released and I played the solo game before that. I have just under a thousand hours on DST. None of my friends are as into DST as I am, and I'm really nervous around strangers, so I've never sought out a group. Furthermore, my work schedule is quite irregular so it would've been really difficult to arrange a play time with such a large group of people. A lot of people think we're a circle of friends or a "clique". While I'm flattered it seemed that way, we're really not. Like fuzzy waffle and Be said, none of us knew anyone before we joined Clayfish. I changed my name as a joke because I saw other people doing it. We don't communicate besides in game. I don't even have the other Els as friends on steam. I'm glad hosting a server with your friends works for you, but it's just not a thing for some of us. I really appreciate Bliz, the "El"s, and other players who played on the pub servers instead of on a private server. It's given me an opportunity to play the game beyond how far I would've normally gone on a pub server or even by myself. I learned a lot and had a lot of fun. It was really nice to have a "team" experience. I would've never had this chance if Bliz took your advice and the advice of many others on this forum and hosted a private server. The loudest voices are usually the negative ones. I daresay a good number of the people who enjoyed their time on Clayfish or Isquiggle, like a good portion of the player base, do not post on forums.

Regarding the "griefing", maybe it's because I spent too much time on random pubs, but the way I see it, On Tentacle is wicker's ability, so I don't think using it is trolling, unless you're using it to take away from someone else's work. I think almost everyone, myself included, have died to Bliz's tentacles at one point or another. Romp and I almost died going through the infamous "maze". I think everyone has a "right" to play on klei servers, but I don't think you have a "right" to dictate how other players play. You're not entitled to receive a resurrection from other players, and you're not entitled to know the location of their base. This is true of any pub server, not just the 1k+ day ones. And quite honestly, at any given time there were at least a dozen other available DST servers which were under 70 days for people to play on if they didn't like the 1k+ day one.

There are things that are common courtesy, like not stealing other people's items and not breaking other people's structures.  There are also unspoken rules like leaving upon death if you don't have a friend to resurrect you. But I don't think it's "trolling" to build "mazes" near spawn or, honestly, "block off" touchstones, unless you also think it is trolling to build decorative structures, use "on Tentacle" in any capacity, or simply die shortly after resurrecting by touchstone. And plenty of pub worlds have people digging up grass tufts, saplings, and berries from spawn. I think the ones on Clayfish eventually burned out from wildfires, because they were still around when I joined on day 700+.

I really don't care about your story or what your definition of trolling is no offense to you, and please no one think they need to prove anything to me or anyone else on these forums because this whole fiasco is just a he-said she-said situation.. again the point of my post wasn't to figure out who is at fault but rather provide what I believe should be a very obvious solution to anyone, and that is make your own safe place and play in it with your rules. If you're looking to find people to play with or to have a fun experience in general then I agree the public servers are the best way to find new people to play with, but to spend so many actual days keeping the server up and to attempt to police them with innate methods like tentacle traps don't be surprised when others begin cry about your way of doing things, regardless of how morally right you know or feel you are. Personally I can't even be bothered to waste the time in game to set up a trap that is so pointless when you can just ban whoever you know isn't acting like a team member which is many times faster.

If you just make your own server so many of the problems people are complaining about being effected by won't exist! Can't rollback/ reset the server, can't greif effectively (rollbacks, bans, admin commands to repair burnt structures  ect.) And guess what, the other positive of being in complete control is NO ONE CAN CALL YOU A GREIFER FOR POLICING YOUR OWN SERVER.

14 hours ago, frostymouse2 said:

I would've never had this chance if Bliz took your advice and the advice of many others on this forum and hosted a private server.

Yeah you're right if they had never joined a public server you wouldn't know they exist, I do think that once there was a large group of individuals that clearly proved themselves to be trusted teamates that you should've split off and made your own server since you had so many problems with greifers. Would've saved your group a lot of time dealing with things in ways that could've been fixed faster and allowed you to spend more time actually progressing in the game.

the point of my post wasn't to figure out who is at fault but rather provide what I believe should be a very obvious solution to anyone, and that is make your own safe place and play in it with your rules.

And my post was to point out why your "very obvious solution" doesn't work for me. You told waffle you have no intentions of playing on a pub server like this, and you told me you have no interest in "my story". You don't understand why we do the things we do because you don't play the game the way we do and you have no interest in actually learning about the situation. Fair enough. But with no understanding of the context of this "fiasco" (I think that's a serious over-dramatization), I don't see how you can expect your "very obvious solution" to be of use to any of us who are actually involved, regardless of how many times you push it on us. I don't mean to single you out, this applies to pretty much everyone else on this forum giving "very obvious solution"s like yours.

don't be surprised when others begin cry about your way of doing things, regardless of how morally right you know or feel you are.

No one who plays on the server is surprised. I was trying to give you insight onto how a lot of pub servers are played, why certain things are considered fair game, and why your solution isn't viable.

Yeah you're right if they had never joined a public server you wouldn't know they exist, I do think that once there was a large group of individuals that clearly proved themselves to be trusted teamates that you should've split off and made your own server since you had so many problems with greifers. Would've saved your group a lot of time dealing with things in ways that could've been fixed faster and allowed you to spend more time actually progressing in the game.

Like I said, we're not really a group. People hop on and off the server at random times. I'll recognize certain people, but I'm almost never playing with the exact same group of people because I don't play at a set time. Having a private server would require more organization, more scheduling, and more out-of-game discussion. And I'm glad none of the players decided to "split off" and make their own server, because that would've taken away from the other pub players. As for griefers, I hardly ever run into any, in all honesty. It's blown out of proportions on this forum because people keep asking about the touchstones when, in most pubs, they're not exactly a reliable form of resurrection anyhow.

Ya'll keep saying "they should've made a private server if they didn't want griefers" and pretty much say what they did was no better than a griefer, if that's the case then anyone who ever complained about them should just make their own safe server to play on. Easy. Solved.

BTW the original post about the 5000+ server states that it was a challenge to make a PUBLIC SERVER last that long, say what you will about if it was a good or bad thing, just stop saying "they should've made their own server" because the point was for it to be a public server.

This is a game, guys.

Archived