Suggesting horrible world traits and asteroid ideas so we can suffer

2 hours ago, 6Havok9 said:

Loosely Held or Debris Field - The asteroid is actually a bunch of rocks loosely held by gravity, separated by vacuum. The starting biome and maybe the first layer are inside their own chunk, then you have to build bridges to other chunks.

Edit: Very little abyssalite, since vacuum is the perfect insulator.

That's a great idea, I would love to play a game like that.  Offers new challenges, but also new opportunities in the form of being able to delete whatever fluids you want pretty much right away.  Would be a good moderate difficult option.

- No gravity.

Instead of the usual gravity, dupes can float around like they are wearing jetsuits, liquids also don't fall down anymore but stay wherever they are, possibly reforming themselves into balls of liquid.

This would be great with the debris field modifier.

11 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

Don't you think that's suffering enough? :o

We can never suffer enough I got one 

Death - your duplicates die in 50 cycles from age and your printing pod does nothing 

8 minutes ago, Webber is bes said:

We can never suffer enough I got one 

Death - your duplicates die in 50 cycles from age and your printing pod does nothing 

Maybe if Dupes could conventionally reproduce, that might very well work out... I'd very much like that, though I am afraid that Ari, Devon, Frankie, Nails, Rowan, Ruby and Turner will be "disadvantaged", resulting in a huge storm of dung considering the zeitgeist... and I'd very much like that, bad PR is still PR:wilson_evil:

Biodiverse: Variants of creatures (i.e., Sage Hatchling) can naturally spawn in the world, but the number of creatures doesn't change

Trapped: A wall of abyssalite completely encases your starting area (roughly 20 x 20).  Can you make it out?

Garden of Eaten: There's a flourshing abundance of plants near your starting pod--but no food whatsoever.

Printing Pod Short Circuit: The pod's wiring is shot and it refuses to stop (cannot be disabled).  It'll take just 2 days to print, but it will make some... interesting stuff.  (Duplicants are a rare pick from the pod, and the pool of printables is vastly expanded.  The pod can make a lot of wacky things now, like 100kg of liquid hydrogen or 300kg of slimelung ridden pacu fillet.  Additionally, if you don't pick from the options yourself, the pod will automatically pick something out at random within one cycle.  This could be "Randy Random" but for ONI.)

Buried Treasure: There are a lot more buried objects around the map.

I was looking for another thread to in the history, found this one instead, and I just really have to give it a bit of a shove cause some ideas here are simply put awesome.

Maybe somewhere there's some skilled modder looking around for ideas... who knows!

Funny how the "horrible ideas" turned into a "bloody fun!" ideas thread so fast!

EDIT: I didn't say "ideas" enough times in this post. Here's a fix: ideas ideas ideas

no rotation - this asteroid does not rotate, and is stuck on day / night

early landing - the printing pod landed earlier than expected (more ruins)

hot - the temperature of the whole asteroid is +10 degrees

cold - the temperature of the whole asteroid is -20 degrees

Vanta Black- Map is 80% dimmer during the day, pitch black at night. Lights brighten an area on the map and significantly increase dupe productivity (50%)? Chance a dupe can "trip" themself if they do not make it to bed before nightfall (health hit) or stub a toe (Stress increaser)

For effecting the asteroid:

• Porous - Liquid pressure is treated as some multiplier stronger than normal except against abyssalite, neutronium and constructed tiles. (3 natural tiles will still prevent leaks/breaks) A granite tile that would've stopped water pressure will now leak and break.
  • (High/Low) Solid Hardness - (mutually exclusive) The material selection for the asteroid is changed to replace its solids with another material with the same traits which is higher or lower hardness. Ingeous rock (hardness of 25) can become sandstone (hardness of 10) meanwhile a special resource like Salt will stay the same, since there is no harder or softer material to place it with.
  • Gaseous Rock Core - (mutually exclusive with other asteroid core traits) Rock Gas is at the bottom of the asteroid instead of magma. The quantity of matter in the core is the same as normal.
  • Hollow Core - (mutually exclusive with other asteroid core traits) Magma has been turned to vacuum tiles and what would've been rock has been changed to space. The neutronium bottom still exists.
  • Dusty/Rocky/Metallic Asteroid Season - (Not mutually exclusive) During asteroid season, the spawned asteroids will be skewed towards one of these types and given a faster spawn rate.
  • High/Low Density Asteroid Field - (Mutually exclusive) The asteroids spawned during a season are increased or decreased by 30%. The duration of the season remains the same.
  • Long/Short Asteroid Season - (Mutually exclusive) The asteroid season is increased or decreased in duration, but the number of asteroids spawned remains the same. (Long and low intensity, or short and very intense)

For effecting the starmap:

• Distant Thick Nebulas - Some destinations on the star map are surrounded by a thick cloud of gas, which will add a few cycles of rocket travel time when targeting those destinations for a mission. (No additional fuel cost)
  • Local (Hot/Cold) (Hydrogen/Oxygen) Gas Cloud - (Four seperate, mutually exclusive traits) Every tile in space is replaced with an infinite 1 microgram source of hydrogen or oxygen at a few hundred celcius for "hot" or near-condensation for "cold". Any other matter on a space tile is still deleted normally, and gas volumes above 1 microgram in space get drained to vacuum and then set to 1 microgram hydrogen/oxygen at the hot/cold temperature. This makes leaving things uncooled/uninsulated dangerous as temperatures are passively being moved to somewhere unwanted.
  • External Light Pollution - The speed of analysis on new rocket destinations is slowed by 35% (which should be slowed enough to motivate the player into building a second Telescope)

Eat all you like - NOW !  There is a greater abundance of all kinds of volcanoes on the map, but there are periodic, randomly located "Vole-canoes" that discharge lots of hungry critters attracted to the feast. Let the hunt begin !

Viva la Diva - half (or all) of the time your dupes will prioritise doing the jobs they love, even if you disallowed them.

Bottle it up - There is no water on the map - your dupes must generate it all until you can get it from oil, trees, etc. No water volcanoes either ! 

The new asteroids are already pretty crazy.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e662ea54d7ab09f345ecb7dd66283ea6.png

Guess I'm not going down.  All that red is magma.  Well, except right at the bottom of my base:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b5b804df48e1f052c0291b53aeca9d33.png

That's my natural gas geyser.. in an atmosphere of phosphorus gas.  At close to 1000c.  At a pressure of well over 100kg.  Much of my granite has turned into igneous.  My coal has become refined carbon.

On the plus side.. that's a giant glacier to the upper right that has kept my base from becoming an inferno.  Its only cycle 86 and I'm wondering if I need to add a third level of insulation...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.46bca4a0a0b9338f39fb754947591358.png

Base on Inferno, rolled with volcanoes, magma channels, and glaciers.  

Archived