[Game Update] - 347957

well lettuce is still much easier to grow then mushrooms with near to impossible to generate slime
or fish with even more near to impossible to generate algae (except for game abusing)

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • The output temperatures of the Ethanol Distillery and Rust Deoxydizer have been brought in line with their utility

Good sir it would appear that you "forgot" to include the numbers again, which would be even more important for the sake of testing. Why does this information have to stay so ambiguous?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SakuraKoi said:

Several? Liar, 8 became 18, that's beyond mere several~

• Deep Oil
  • Frozen Core
  • Geo Active
  • Geo Dormant
  • Glaciers Large
  • Magma Vents
  • Metal Poor
  • Misaligned Start
  • Slime Splats
  • Volcanoes

9 out of 10 sound awesome, the last one is a pity but welp, not everything can be perfect like you :wilson_cool:

I'll be damned, just started a new colony on Rime today, i guess I'll remake the colony for the new traits. They should release a list of what each of the traits do. I know we can mouse hover it in game, but to be able to know this stuffs without opening a game would be nice. 

Edited by nivodeus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nivodeus said:

This would be neat, but you already have puft that eat chlorine and drop bleach stone, but still, more way to make things are always helpful and will add variety to the game. 

Pufts are the devil.  I will go to any lengths, up to and including sacrificing dupes to volcanoes, to get resources without involving pufts.

3 minutes ago, OxCD said:

Mmmh. +4 or +5 ?

Including the gas range, even if it has been calmed down a bit, high tier food remains a challenge apparently :)

I don't recall what it's rating was.  Sorry.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Darkin Coaled said:

Now that I think about it, bleachstone is one resource that's hard but not impossible to obtain. Saltwater on the other hand only comes from worldgen and a saltwater geyser which may or may not be guaranteed on a map.

A way to create salt water from water would be nice, something antithesis to Desalinator, by mixing salt and water. That would help with asteroid with no tidepool but have rust. But again, it would be a bit more complicated and I think tidepool biome is available from Subsurface Ocean traits from world gen, so we can just roll that trait when we make new colony. 

Just now, goboking said:

Pufts are the devil.  I will go to any lengths, up to and including sacrificing dupes to volcanoes, to get resources without involving pufts.

I understand, I did puft farm long time ago and never tried it anymore. There must be a reason for that, I just cant remember. But why? 

• Like 2

Just now, nivodeus said:

But why?

When I was ranching them, wrangling wasn't a thing and all we had to work with for flying critters were lures.  So you can imagine moving pufts around an asteroid one lure to the next was miserable.  Then there's the constant, paltry output.  Rather than saving their...ahem...bowel movements...for a big...forgive me...payoff...it's constant little outputs that require dupes running back and forth picking up a few grams of material or running auto-sweepers around the clock.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, SakuraKoi said:

Several? Liar, 8 became 18, that's beyond mere several~

• Deep Oil
  • Frozen Core
  • Geo Active
  • Geo Dormant
  • Glaciers Large
  • Magma Vents
  • Metal Poor
  • Misaligned Start
  • Slime Splats
  • Volcanoes

9 out of 10 sound awesome, the last one is a pity but welp, not everything can be perfect like you :wilson_cool:

Damn. Now I have to decide whether top keep my now somewhat doomed Oceania colony or start a new one. 

9 minutes ago, Darkin Coaled said:

Now that I think about it, bleachstone is one resource that's hard but not impossible to obtain. Saltwater on the other hand only comes from worldgen and a saltwater geyser which may or may not be guaranteed on a map.

I mean, we just have different food options. For maps with slime, that's mushrooms and their variants, for tide pool maps that's waterweed. Not all maps need to be able to sustain all food production.

• Like 2

Wrangling work on fliers now? Not being able to corral the little bastards was my tipping point.  I get what Klei was going for with indirect control, but it just made something marginally useful into something not worth the trouble.

1 minute ago, Kangaax said:

I mean, we just have different food options. For maps with slime, that's mushrooms and their variants, for tide pool maps that's waterweed. Not all maps need to be able to sustain all food production.

Gotta cook 'em all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, goboking said:

When I was ranching them, wrangling wasn't a thing and all we had to work with for flying critters were lures.  So you can imagine moving pufts around an asteroid one lure to the next was miserable.  Then there's the constant, paltry output.  Rather than saving their...ahem...bowel movements...for a big...forgive me...payoff...it's constant little outputs that require dupes running back and forth picking up a few grams of material or running auto-sweepers around the clock.

The lure. Now i remember. I remembered spending time building and decons lure around the map just to get them to my ranch, only for them to get away few cycles afterwards due to my dupe stand on the door and let it open. Let see if they might change something about Puft output, since that might be quite crucial for Lettuce farming, which are needed in some late game recipe. I personally never bother with late game recipe except Bun, which i get from farming Pincha and wild farming sleat wheat, albeit I never get to that much late game where I could explore the furthest Planet with my rocket, or have the entire asteroid mine out. 

Just now, Gurgel said:

Damn. Now I have to decide whether top keep my now somewhat doomed Oceania colony or start a new one. 

If you wait a bit I can actually extract more info out of the traits, I'm nearly done with looking at their files and just need to test a few as well as make the info readable

4 minutes ago, rafker said:

Generated Arboria with Glaciers geysers and slimes
I have a guess something bad happened here

image.thumb.png.7176d685c62afc6a9e4c74a6ce7ab529.png

That was a Glacier. It probably should not have used the temperature of the surroundings, I wonder if the devs actually have a temperatreOverwrite...

Just now, SakuraKoi said:

If you wait a bit I can actually extract more info out of the traits, I'm nearly done with looking at their files and just need to test a few as well as make the info readable

Excellent. Any info on that is welcome!

10 minutes ago, Lurve said:

Wrangling work on fliers now? Not being able to corral the little bastards was my tipping point.  I get what Klei was going for with indirect control, but it just made something marginally useful into something not worth the trouble.

Auto-wrangling from the Critter Drop-off works on fliers.  Standard Wrangling doesn't.

2 minutes ago, SamLogan said:
50 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Reduced Gas Range input to 100g/s

I don't understand.

Instead of requiring 500 g/s of NatGas while running, it now only requires 100 g/s while running.  Still very disproportionate to the NatGas Generator, though.

22 minutes ago, Darkin Coaled said:

squeaky pufts. the fluffy green ones. good luck ranching those. The puft lifecycle and stuff is really complicated.

And also very inefficient, since a single puft will only produce 15 kg of output per cycle.

Lettuce isn't really worth the effort of fertilization, even if it was fertilized by doing jazz hands at it once per 3 cycles.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Just now, Coolthulhu said:

Lettuce isn't really worth the effort of fertilization, even if it was fertilized by doing jazz hands at it once per 3 cycles.

I now want this to be a thing just so I can see the animators take a crack at duplicants doing jazz hands.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, nivodeus said:

Let see if they might change something about Puft output, since that might be quite crucial for Lettuce farming, which are needed in some late game recipe.

We need people to actually test out the puff strategy to see if it's balanced or not. Changing mass input/output of a building or critter is easy. The tricky part is to figure out which numbers provide a well balanced gameplay.

Just now, PhailRaptor said:

Auto-wrangling from the Critter Drop-off works on fliers.  Standard Wrangling doesn't.

Instead of requiring 500 g/s of NatGas while running, it now only requires 100 g/s while running.  Still very disproportionate to the NatGas Generator, though.

I think its okay, I still dont understand why NAT GAS cooking station requires power to operate. at least not the 240 watt for the love of god

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1