[Gameplay]

Platform

• [*]
Steam

Version Number

Issue title

Prototype uses materials regardless of placement

Steps to reproduce

Always occurs when not placing item right away.

Describe your issue

Every time I build an item for the first time (a prototype via Science Machine, Alchemy.. etc.), and I don't place it after clicking it, it still consumes my materials. For example: I wanted to build an Alchemy Engine in a certain spot. I clicked it, and tried placing it but noticed there was grass. So, I dug up the grass first, and when I tried to build it again, my materials were consumed, so I could not place the Engine. This has happened with several other buildings, farms, etc.

BarovSoap    878

Once you build the prototype but don't place it the "Build" is supposed to change to "Place." This system isn't sticking with a lot of players so is likely to change.

jtellez14    15

Strange, occasionally, the icon will be red, indicating that I do not have enough materials (which is true, since I used them to "build" the prototype), yet will also not allow me to place until I wait a while and check again.

Chantal    10

That you could not set it after the prototype was built sounds like a bug, but that the materials are used up as soon as you click to built the prototype, even if you dont place it down, that is intended to be. The built is reserved until you set it down, without repeated or additional material cost. If it wasn't like this, you would not be able to, to place a new building that requires alchemy or science machine further away than just the screen view around the machine.