Sign in to follow this  
DDarkLord

Don't Starve Out of Memory.

DDarkLord    0

This is Emphatically Bug. Read it Full.

I Am Playing Don't Starve Shipwrecked with Hamlet DLC. I Not Merged My SW 150 Day World with The Hamlet World. But When I Tried to Merge My SW 150 Day World with The RoG World, I Encountered With a Trouble.

The Game Crashes with The Message "Out of Memory", when I Try to Launch The World Where Has to Be RoG Merged with SW. My PC Has 4 GB of RAM, I Do Not Play with Mods. As Seen from The Task Manager, The RAM Consumption Raises Up to 99% or 2.5 GB by The Game, Then Falls to 0.13 GB and After a While Crashes with The Message "Out of Memory".

I Pray to Help Me.

JanH    5,709

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the game. Generally the out of memory error message indicates that the graphics card likely has lower amount of dedicated RAM, which moves textures into the main memory.

That said, could we get you to go into your game's Options menu and click on the white Arrow button to the right-hand side of the screen, this will bring you to the "Performance" options.

In "Performance" set "Dynamic Asset Loading" to ALL to see if that helps with your issue. You can also enable "Small Textures" if the issue persists.

• Thanks 1

DDarkLord    0

Whatever You Are,

Thou Enough Desperate to Answer My Question. Your Answer Was Not Help Me. Even with Notorious "Netbook Mode". The Memory Still Raises Up to 99% and Crashes The Game with Giblets.

So Long, and Thanks For All Your Efforts.

JanH    5,709

Hmm, would you be able to provide us with your DxDiag.txt and log.txt files? These can help us look into your reported issue further.

DxDiag - You can generate your DxDiag.txt file by following the steps here: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/2503104

Log.txt - You can find your log.txt file in your documents folder at Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\log.txt

• Thanks 1

DDarkLord    0

Greetings, JanH.

I Can Provide You with DxDiag.txt and log.txt Files. Only if That Help to Fix The Issue.

As You Can See, These Files Attached Lower.

[log.txt]; [DxDiag.txt]. 

All Regards,

D. Dark

JanH    5,709

Thanks for providing the files. Looking into your laptop specs, it looks like your computer only has 2 GB of Memory, which is already being taxed pretty hard by the game, in addition to an out-of-date graphics card. Sadly this means that your computer's specs is close to the threshold of support for the game; however, we can do a couple of things that may be able to help: 

1. Download the latest drivers for your graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce 610) as it has not been updated since early 2014. Out-of-date drivers may cause issues with various software.
  2. In your game's options menu > click on the white arrow on the right-hand side and go to the "Performance" section, in there, set "Small Textures" to "Enable".

Should the issue persist after trying the steps listed above, please provide us with your save files (zipped if possible) and let us know which save slot is affected.

• Thanks 1

DDarkLord    0
Posted (edited)

Greetings, JanH.

I Know That My PC's Systems Are Old. But This Problem Happens On The Other My PC, Where Is 4 GB of RAM and 2018 Year Drivers.

I Updated Drivers. The Problem Has Not Yet Resolved, So I Attack The Save File Archive.

[save.rar]

All Regards,

D. Dark

P. S. I About to Forgot Say That I Can't Load The First Save Slot.

Edited by DDarkLord

bizziboi    1,656

Hi,

I am not sure what happened with your save, but if you take the attached file and put it in your save location as 'survival_1' it should load again.

survival_1

• Thanks 1

DDarkLord    0

Hello There,

I Put This File to The Other 'Save' Files How You Said, But The Game Still Generates New World (or Replaces Other 'survival_1') and Then "Out of Memory". I Think, Your Attached Save Needs The 'saveindex' File. Can You Attach The Whole but Repaired 'save.rar'?

bizziboi    1,656

Hi,

That's odd, it should have worked, but here you go - I hope a zip is okay. 

It loads for me with the Steam version of the game.

save.zip

• Thanks 1

DDarkLord    0

Hello There,

I'd Say That is Overly, Extremely-Excessively Weird, Because I Still Can't Launch The First Save Slot in Your save.zip. This Goes Beyond The Usual. Maybe The Notorious British Scientists Can Find Out of That. Or The KLEI Will Outrun Them.

I Must Note That I Can't Load It Since The Rev. 343524.

bizziboi    1,656

Hmmm, do you perhaps have cloud save enabled?

I asked a coworker to try and it loaded for them as well, so it seems the issue must be on your side. You could try deleting the save folder completely (or rename it) and see if the saveslots are indeed gone, to make sure it's loading the games from where you put them.

• Thanks 1