Launch Upgrade Now Open for Testing! [346893]

23 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

Nahh, it seems fair to use enough gas to produce 4684 W. It's only (almost) 4 metal refineries. Don't you usually melt and burn all your food while cooking :p

Oh, my food really had a hard hot time... If the gas range burnt natural gas, where did polluted water go? Disappeared or...Mixed up with my food? Eww, disgusting....

50 minutes ago, cyx2015s said:

Oh, my food really had a hard hot time... If the gas range burnt natural gas, where did polluted water go? Disappeared or...Mixed up with my food? Eww, disgusting....

Quite clearly this thing is actually a replicator. And breaking the input down to atoms, then building the results from them does take a lot of energy. That said, I did think getting high-quality food was too easy before. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

.., I did think getting high-quality food was too easy before. 

I like the changes to the game so far very much.
Tried one hot and one cold astro and both had their own playstyle needed.
Some bugs need still to be fixed, but GG Klei

• Like 2

On 6/29/2019 at 1:31 AM, Ipsquiggle said:

If you feel like something essential is missing (Copper for Atmosuits?), please start a discussion about it!

Playing on Arboria after exos fix was all fun until I got into turbine + refinery setup and realized that there seem to be no clay on the map. Is deodorizers->clay->ceramic farming route intended for this map? Or am I missing something here?

Regarding Clay, I'd say a new recipe would be very neat indeed i.e water+whatever mineral.

56 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

I did think getting high-quality food was too easy before. 

While not untrue, this though is a tad overkill and for all the wrong reasons plus the worst implementation.

It would be more reasonable to not make food basically the raison d'être next to Decor for the dupes (together they can make a difference of 30 Morale in a range around 50).

And if I am not mistaken, the Gas Stove actually adds a step in the process (refining existing recipes it says) which is also already what makes it less convenient not to mention that it needs Gas anyway (which, if not already, should be delivered and not piped, I love propane grilled food, way cheaper than coal and more tasty as well.

On 6/28/2019 at 9:10 AM, tzionut said:

I prefer playing vanilla (without mods), and the rocket part is optional. I see many players who play without reaching the space. Or even reaching the crude oil...It,s an open world game so you make your own challenges. 

WIth the new changes Oil isn't restricted to just above magma, actually Oil can be found within a few cycles from the starting locations now.

4 hours ago, TG pro said:

i absolutely agree

Actually the Frozen asteroid provides near all biomes from what I can see, tho everything is frozen so it has its own challenges and or bonus like liquid chlorine but most of your plants die off early. 

One awesome thing I noticed about the cold World is that the magma layer isn't restricted so you can breach it and harvest heat, but every map I have generated had 5 lava volcanoes located within the magma so sounds like an unlimited heat source to me :D

For anyone who doesn't like the boulders that generate in the map, if you poke around the files and locate the worldgen folder, (attached image) you can just delete the 3 or 4 files associated with the boulders and they wont generate in the map, they actually wont even show up as options during the map generation it will only select what you leave in the folder.

The same can be done for POI including the one that generates at the top of the map, just delete the POI files you dont want and it wont generate in the map. Attached is what I leave in my POI folder and i complete delete all items in the "rough unused poi" folder.  Only problem is no AETN but you can get a mod to make them build-able :p

The above would result in a map completely without POI but with geyers, both exposed and hidden. 

Most will absolutely love the cold world, you use your heat generation to keep your colony warm vs trying to keep it cool. since the entire map is cool and you can easily generate heat with actions + power generation, its an easy map to thrive in. 

Proof of the volcanoes is in the attached map :D

** forgot to mention, awesome side effect of cold world is the slimlung dies off on the entire map after cycle 3.

Untitled.jpg

POI files.JPG

traits.JPG

Edited by Beercules
Slimlung death in cold world
  • Like 1

jpeg.thumb.png.6632d2a93bec5439f338c7dffd0a5987.png

Nope, It works just fine, Klei just increased the decor requirements to 20, so it requires you to build more crap, look at my example, its a bit busted up as I was testing WTF was going on but I'm sure you'll get the idea

On 6/29/2019 at 6:58 AM, MORA99 said:

Should this not be a great hall (I tried reloading the game, to see if that triggered the detection) ?

Or is the water cooler no longer a recreational building perhaps...

20190629143049_1.thumb.jpg.07c5f924b8fc17a2643260ac270dea4d.jpg

7 hours ago, miauly said:

Playing on Arboria after exos fix was all fun until I got into turbine + refinery setup and realized that there seem to be no clay on the map. Is deodorizers->clay->ceramic farming route intended for this map? Or am I missing something here?

That's a really good question. Apparently it's a map without proper insulation :shock:

I tried looking for other sources of clay/ceramics, but it doesn't look like there are any. However interestingly I did learn that if you heat clay to 1200 K (927 C), then it will turn into ceramics. This means while clay is needed for producing ceramics, coal isn't. Just dump clay into magma and wait for your delivery of ceramics. I just tested this and it does in fact work, but it turned into a tile and I lost half the mass when mining. Still it's ceramics without coal.

One word of warning though. Ceramics turn into magma at 1850 C.

On 29/06/2019 at 7:04 AM, SakuraKoi said:

Since I just recently moved into a flat with a gas stove, I can answer this question with a definite:

Reveal hidden contents

YES!

Though I might also just suck at cooking

Seriously thou' I also looked at the building and thought "ain't that expensive?" and while I forgot to look up how much NG one Geyser produces on average, I could do so now and indeed, in the rare instance where the output is not the average 81g/s - 114g/s (in 5% of the cases) then 180g/s is the absolute maximum. That's not even remotely close.

Decreasing it to a fifth, to 100g/s, should serve as fair point of reference. I am aware that unlike generators, duplicants do not cook all around the clock but if it is the normal cooking time, then it will be a building that is never used. 

That's still pretty high.  Especially considering the oven is pulling 240 w as well and takes a long time to cook a single order.  Either the fuel or wattage should be far less.  Something like 25-50 g/s of NG and 60 W or 10-25 g/s of NG and 240 W would be more reasonable amounts to draw.

As an aside, why are we now cooking barbecue in an oven?  I mean, isn't the point of barbecue that it's cooked on a barbecue grill?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DarkMaster13 said:

As an aside, why are we now cooking barbecue in an oven?

The same reason we're baking bread on a grill.  Such things are to be expected when dealing with people who routinely manage to entomb their own heads in the tiles they're constructing.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, goboking said:

The same reason we're baking bread on a grill.  Such things are to be expected when dealing with people who routinely manage to entomb their own heads in the tiles they're constructing.

Sad to report but Klei fixed the stupid dupe issue and which has confirmed they only left it in to screw with the alpha players :(

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beercules said:

Sad to report but Klei fixed the stupid dupe issue and which has confirmed they only left it in to screw with the alpha players :(

What a shame, I thought head entombment was the thing that made most of dupes special character and charm.. In all seriousness, it really made them stand out from generic game heroes. So silly it's brilliant, if I can express that properly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beercules said:

please tell me you're joking. that was a FEATURE. a hilarious, endearing, tone-setting feature of the game.

3 minutes ago, Yunru said:

... Why?

I agree, not more handy than before, not less.

But I've always thought this tool can help for some stuff.

EDIT : and I already kinda love the design ! :)

Edited by OxCD

3 minutes ago, Yunru said:

A regular bridge and pipe would cause it to alternate, which'd be the same flow rate.

Still not exactly the same. Your approach needs exact same packet size everytime. There's many setup were size widely vary between each packet.

3 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

No. It alternates packets up to 4 ways without the pause you get when a T juntion backs up one or more ways. 

Ok so acting like Yunru said, just like a T bridge output if I get it correctly ? (Sorry my english level may not be enough to get your explanation). Just not that I didn't try this mod. That's just how I get it, without going deeper into it.

If it is, then I agree this tool will not be useful !

Just now, OxCD said:

Ok so acting like Yunru said, just like a T bridge output if I get it correctly ? (Sorry my english level may not be enough to get your explanation). Just not that I didn't try this mod. That's just how I get it, without going deeper into it.

If it is, then I agree this tool will not be useful !

No worries. I don't use mods in general so I don't know what the one you pictured actually does, but I find bridging into a junction is good enough for my uses 99% of the time. 

The way this works is that each direction the material can go after a bridge (or any green output for that matter) will have a packet sent in a rotating order. If one of the directions backs up, that pipe's turn will be skipped. So if you have the maximum 4 way split and 3 are full, direction 4 will get the full flow. 

A normal T or 3 way junction without a bridge will act the same when all directions are empty but when one direction is full, it still takes the time to send a packet the full direction resulting in the same 1/2 or 1/3 flow to empty pipes. 

You can also have packet bouncing problems without using bridges. 

One of these days I'm going to make a series of pictures about this to be able to just post them when this comes up again.

24 minutes ago, OxCD said:

Your approach needs exact same packet size everytime.

That's easily solved with this one easy setup:

image.thumb.png.2830204566271504731484248c3cc331.png

EDIT: I'm dumb and this doesn't work.

Edited by Yunru