Launch Upgrade Now Open for Testing! [346893]

35 minutes ago, goboking said:

I would hope that every map has either slime biomes (thimble reeds) or caustic biomes (dreckos).

Oceanic has both, just not a lot of them. Maybe we should start a asteroid-type discussion thread.

Edited by Gurgel

I believe you can't print copper ore unless it has been discovered (unless that has been changed).  And it can't be discovered if it isn't there to begin with.

You are right but you always must think out of the box. 

You need to deconstruct the wires\doors\ect in the ruins to discover the materials

Then...use the print pod for more, and asteroids...

25 minutes ago, tzionut said:

I do, that is where a mod that allows you to deconstruct wires and ladders and whatever from ruins helps (unless Klei changed it so we can deconstruct ruins now without using a mod).

34 minutes ago, tzionut said:

If someone play without care packages and ruins with copper ore hit by boulder - this means they cannot reach asteroid. We need at least one Atmo-suit to launch rocket

• Like 1

I prefer playing vanilla (without mods), and the rocket part is optional. I see many players who play without reaching the space. Or even reaching the crude oil...It,s an open world game so you make your own challenges. 

Just now, tzionut said:

I prefer playing vanilla (without mods), and the rocket part is optional. I see many players who play without reaching the space. Or even reaching the crude oil...It,s an open world game so you make your own challenges. 

It may be open world, but it's going to have a win condition and there should always be a path to reach a game's win condition.

• Like 6

there should always be a path to reach a game's win condition.

Tell this to klei developers. My impression is no win condition in all the development time from the thermic upgrade till now.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tzionut said:

Tell this to klei developers. My impression is no win condition in all the development time from the thermic upgrade till now.

There's been no need for a win condition in a game that's been in early access, but bits and pieces added over the years have slowly but surely pointed towards the eventual win condition.

• Like 2

• Improve the way the decor plants config and apply their decor.
  • Decor plants no longer show detailed stats.

I was just curious about these changes.  I notice that when I plant a briar plant it says 0 decor on the tooltip and it doesn't seem to count as a +25 decor item for the great hall anymore.  When i go into the decor overlay it actually says i am getting -20 decor due to bluff briar plant.  I can't tell if this is a bug or a feature or what.

• Developer

Thank you for these discussions about the new worlds!

It's not critical that every asteroid support every style of play and every recipe -- that's why they're different, to encourage and sometimes even require different strategies. We offer a bunch of them so that you can experience new challenges with the same tools, rather than just always falling back on the same strategy.

That said, we still want you to feel like you're playing ONI. If you feel like something essential is missing (Copper for Atmosuits?), please start a discussion about it! Crazy-town maps are what modding is for. :)

The scope of play is huge and quite varied between players, so your opinions and reports are very valuable for us!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

On 27.06.2019 at 10:49 PM, Technoincubus said:

****...with wheezewort now unsustainable SPOM is dead

Auto-Sweepers

On 27.06.2019 at 11:06 PM, Giltirn said:

Not happy with this wheezewort nerf. How are we supposed to do general cooling now?

Ice-E Fan

6 minutes ago, cyx2015s said:

Gas range costs 500g natural gas per second? I can't even find a natural gas geyser! It should be decreased! Natural gas generator only costs 90g per second!

Nahh, it seems fair to use enough gas to produce 4684 W. It's only (almost) 4 metal refineries. Don't you usually melt and burn all your food while cooking :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:

Don't you usually melt and burn all your food while cooking :p

Since I just recently moved into a flat with a gas stove, I can answer this question with a definite:

Spoiler

YES!

Though I might also just suck at cooking

Seriously thou' I also looked at the building and thought "ain't that expensive?" and while I forgot to look up how much NG one Geyser produces on average, I could do so now and indeed, in the rare instance where the output is not the average 81g/s - 114g/s (in 5% of the cases) then 180g/s is the absolute maximum. That's not even remotely close.

Decreasing it to a fifth, to 100g/s, should serve as fair point of reference. I am aware that unlike generators, duplicants do not cook all around the clock but if it is the normal cooking time, then it will be a building that is never used. 

This is so cool to see.

Will the Critter Food dispenser bug be attended to before launch? Feeding Dreckos haven't been a simple feat. Sorry for sneaking in a bug report here, but this has been unattended for so long and already mentioned by others in the past so I felt the urge to sneak it in.

Back on topic. I absolutely love the new scenarios, and must ask if there ever will be possible to move a colony to another asteroid with new challenges after conquering one? I may have skimmed the details in this patch, so I don't know if this question/suggestion already is implemented, in which case I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Thank you for your hard work.

2 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

Dreckos eats plants.

To clarify more on that. The drecko needs a growing plant in a farm tile or wild and eats that. It won`t touch harvsested fruit of that plant. Since you can`t farm plants in the food dipenser dreckos don`t have anything to select in there. Btw the pip (the new critter) has a similar diet but eats the new trees.

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2019 at 11:27 PM, BaloneyOs said:

So does discovering the existence of copper ore wires and doors in ruins areas enable copper ore care packages? Or do we have to deconstruct those wires to enable?

Not all materials have to be discovered to be printed.  Copper ore is one that can just be printed from the very start.

18 hours ago, SakuraKoi said:

Since I just recently moved into a flat with a gas stove, I can answer this question with a definite:

Reveal hidden contents

YES!

Though I might also just suck at cooking

Seriously thou' I also looked at the building and thought "ain't that expensive?" and while I forgot to look up how much NG one Geyser produces on average, I could do so now and indeed, in the rare instance where the output is not the average 81g/s - 114g/s (in 5% of the cases) then 180g/s is the absolute maximum. That's not even remotely close.

Decreasing it to a fifth, to 100g/s, should serve as fair point of reference. I am aware that unlike generators, duplicants do not cook all around the clock but if it is the normal cooking time, then it will be a building that is never used. 

This. Exactly. With geysers you never get even close to keep cooking whole day. If they aren't going to fix it I will make a mod. Even 100g/s is pretty big. I'm not sure how much gas you can have from oil but it doesn't seem like there is any spare oil to spend it like this.

20 hours ago, MORA99 said:

Should this not be a great hall (I tried reloading the game, to see if that triggered the detection) ?

Or is the water cooler no longer a recreational building perhaps...

I think it's the decor item, I tested and you can still make a rec room with the water cooler. Potted briar plants don't seem to count anymore, not sure if it's intended.

Interestingly decor plants don't count as wild plants for nature reserves and parks either

On 6/28/2019 at 8:57 AM, angrybovine said:

I do, that is where a mod that allows you to deconstruct wires and ladders and whatever from ruins helps (unless Klei changed it so we can deconstruct ruins now without using a mod).

Or you can just delete the XML files in the POI folder located in the WorldGen folder in the game files and they wont generate in the map at all :D