[Forum Game] Answer the above question with your own question

GetNerfedOn

7 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Maybe because not everyone here knows Rosalina's stats and the person who does know them hasn't answered yet and OH MY GOSH WHY IS THERE A GIANT BUG THING FLYING TOWARDS THE CITY?

Isn't Rosalina just a weak nerd living on a spaceship? An what did you say about bugs?

TIMEOUT:  The reason that question killed the thread is there's no way to smoothly answer it with another question.  Which is why I clumsily tried to tack on a _completely_ different subject to the end of my sentence.  Properly answered, it would be like this:

"Rosalina's stats and attributes are: (whatever there are)."

"NOW here's my next question.  Something ending with a question mark?"

You'd have to say it as two seperate things, one of them just being an answer and not ALSO a question _at all_.  THAT'S why it stopped the thread dead.  You can't do it smoothly in one sentence!  It kills the flow to have to step out and be actually informative for a minute.  (For the record I'm not even sure which game franchise Rosalina is from, and don't know/care anything about that character myself.  I was just (clumsily) trying to get the game going again.  But it failed.)

Anyway (back into character) "WHY IS THERE A GIANT BUG THING FLYING TOWARDS THE CITY?"

...Notorious

2 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

TIMEOUT:  The reason that question killed the thread is there's no way to smoothly answer it with another question.  Which is why I clumsily tried to tack on a _completely_ different subject to the end of my sentence.  Properly answered, it would be like this:

"Rosalina's stats and attributes are: (whatever there are)."

"NOW here's my next question.  Something ending with a question mark?"

You'd have to say it as two seperate things, one of them just being an answer and not ALSO a question _at all_.  THAT'S why it stopped the thread dead.  You can't do it smoothly in one sentence!  It kills the flow to have to step out and be actually informative for a minute.  (For the record I'm not even sure which game franchise Rosalina is from, and don't know/care anything about that character myself.  I was just (clumsily) trying to get the game going again.  But it failed.)

Anyway (back into character) "WHY IS THERE A GIANT BUG THING FLYING TOWARDS THE CITY?"

...Notorious

Isn't there entirely no need to answer the question above you for so long as you just manage to ask a question?

Archived