Dupes do yuck motion after eating 100% fresh Pepper Bread

Curious what this is or if anyone else has noticed it.  My dupes are eating 90-100% fresh Pepper Bread and then doing their Yuck motion afterwards (them coughing and wiping their tongue)..

Everyone has 30ish morale and only require 12, so they aren't unhappy, yet they keep doing that.  Even saw one get the "+ Superb Meal" buff to Morale and then get that same Yuck "expressing themselves" immediately afterwards.

Granted, it isn't doing anything to my dupes, but it's just weird and wastes a bit of time each day.  Normally once I switch off of meal lice I never see this motion again, so I was surprised when I saw my entire 15 dupe base doing it with Pepper Bread.

I suppose you can  setup a sandbox game   and add a dupe into a sterile room and drop a bunch of bread into the room to see what's going on.

If they're still doing yuck motions then there must be some bug in the code.  

Then test it with adding bread with germs on it.

45 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

fill a room with hydrogen

put wheezeworts in it

now, fill the room with duplicants

Tried that once, or rather something similar.  Apparently you cannot kill dupes via cold. 

11 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

I think its RNG, like stretching animation after waking up and others..

Well, so far when I checked, I always found a small number of germs on the dupe itself. Not conclusive, just an indicator. 

On 6/25/2019 at 1:33 AM, Gurgel said:

Tried that once, or rather something similar.  Apparently you cannot kill dupes via cold. 

On 6/25/2019 at 4:08 AM, metallichydra said:

it was for cooling, not killing, them

I like how everyone who plays this game assumes that any containment chamber for dupes is designed for torture

Archived