Reputation Based Server

About this idea...  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• It's great
    • NO, NO, NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Should have better way to achieve this goal
    • I'm lazy to read, is there a short version? with better grammer to explain

I'm assuming this is question is in regards to Klei's official servers. In that case no. This problem is basically solved by joining a DST community that takes banning griefers seriously. I'm apart of several DST groups and they have thousands of people on their ban list.

I don't really think it's Klei's job to deal with griefers. I would much rather them spend time and development on content. Communities can deal with griefers in whatever way they choose.

On 6/18/2019 at 4:15 AM, Captain_Rage said:

... it still wouldn't solve the underlying problem (different players have different ideas about the game)...

This is 100% true. People would just end up downvoting anyone who didn't play like them. A person who won't let someone who is rushing the ruins use a bunch of their stuff, downvote. Waste manure on making farms early in the game, downvote. Someone who thinks using gold to make helms is a waste of gold, downvote. Can't play Webber like someone expects, downvote. Die early, downvote. Stay as a ghost longer than someone thinks is acceptable, downvote.

The list could go on and on and on. No, rankings is an absolutely horrible idea and would just further divide the community.

1 hour ago, HereBeJimbo said:

Has Klei issued any kind of response towards griefing in general? If not, can someone ping Joe or someone else because I'm too scared to do it myself 

JoeW has, actually. It's not a response geared towards griefing, but more so the problem of the Klei Official servers.

Here.

Archived