What 6 Character's would you choose?

What 6 Character's in your opinion, are best paired together? If given the choice who would you choose to bring into your world. And yes I know of some "Holy Trinity" character's. Just interesting who you guys would Pick.

For me it's

• Wortox
  • Wicker
  • WormWood
  • Maxwell
  • Wigfrid
  • Wendy

This is an interesting topic :D  It has me wondering (as a semi-noob still)...I've seen two Wigfried nominations and no Wolfgang. What truly separates the two to make one a better choice than the other in your opinions? I play neither, mind you; but I understand they are both strong and both have food limitations. What tips the balance? 

2 minutes ago, PSV_USA said:

This is an interesting topic :D  It has me wondering (as a semi-noob still)...I've seen two Wigfried nominations and no Wolfgang. What truly separates the two to make one a better choice than the other in your opinions? I play neither, mind you; but I understand they are both strong and both have food limitations. What tips the balance? 

Cheap helmets. A detachment of 6 people will sweep away any boss (one of Winona alone can do this) and it doesn’t matter if someone in the squad has + 100% damage and helmets are useful when everything goes his way.

1 minute ago, 0rutyna0 said:

Cheap helmets. A detachment of 6 people will sweep away any boss (one of Winona alone can do this) and it doesn’t matter if someone in the squad has + 100% damage and helmets are useful when everything goes his way.

Good to know, thanks :)

For me it would be :

Wormwood ☆☆☆☆☆

Wortox ☆☆☆☆☆

Wickerbottom ☆☆☆☆

Webber ☆☆☆

Wendy ☆☆☆

Wes ☆×100000000

Spoiler

(Note that ill fight anybody with a mimed pitchfork that says that he shouldnt be there. If i want him in my team its because of the balloon he can make)

(Also do you really need more OP character when you have the new holy trinity xD)

Spoiler

Post-Note :im not serious at all but a change from the "meta" does some good from time to time.

On 17.6.2019 at 6:56 PM, PSV_USA said:

pls dont start a wigfrid - wolfgang discussion here xD

i like how almost evryone has a wig in his team 

i dont care which chars others choose. i like playing with people who play their fav char

i can tell which chars i DONT like to have in my team:

webber ( he should only play with other webbers imo)

woodie

wes

1 hour ago, BeliarBAD said:

i like how almost evryone has a wig in his team 

LOL...Actually I had hoped to get a lot of discussion with the question. Not only does it answer the question when others respond but I get to see one of DST's community interact and joke around like old friends, which is always nice to be a part of :) . 

As for Wigfrid, I can see her benefits now thanks to this thread. I was always kinda NOT a fan because of the meat issue. I seemed to always be out of meat the time I tried her, and I didn't notice anything special about her spear, even though that could have easily been because I was so new to the game I didn't know what I was doing XD

I tried Wolfgang, and he was definitely stronger than others when full, but omg his whining when his "mighty stomach" was only 3/4 full or less was annoying lol Not to mention his tendency to stop whatever he's doing to point out how hungry he is, even if you're running from hounds or something...at least the other keep moving when commenting :)

Wickerbottom is one everyone talks about how powerful she is, but I can't seem to get the hang of her. Maybe I'll see it eventually, but for now Wendy is easiest for me.

I can't really line them all up because I haven't got a lot of experience playing each one of them, but so far I know Wendy and Wortox would be on my list (I like how Wortox can heal everyone and jump around <---just not when I'm trying to dig up a stump lol) and probably Willow. I'm beginning to appreciate Wigfrid's abilities's better now too.

I have Wormwood but I haven't played him yet. He sounds like a great support character, though :)

23 hours ago, PSV_USA said:

LOL...Actually I had hoped to get a lot of discussion with the question. Not only does it answer the question when others respond but I get to see one of DST's community interact and joke around like old friends, which is always nice to be a part of :) . 

As for Wigfrid, I can see her benefits now thanks to this thread. I was always kinda NOT a fan because of the meat issue. I seemed to always be out of meat the time I tried her, and I didn't notice anything special about her spear, even though that could have easily been because I was so new to the game I didn't know what I was doing XD

I tried Wolfgang, and he was definitely stronger than others when full, but omg his whining when his "mighty stomach" was only 3/4 full or less was annoying lol Not to mention his tendency to stop whatever he's doing to point out how hungry he is, even if you're running from hounds or something...at least the other keep moving when commenting :)

Wickerbottom is one everyone talks about how powerful she is, but I can't seem to get the hang of her. Maybe I'll see it eventually, but for now Wendy is easiest for me.

I can't really line them all up because I haven't got a lot of experience playing each one of them, but so far I know Wendy and Wortox would be on my list (I like how Wortox can heal everyone and jump around <---just not when I'm trying to dig up a stump lol) and probably Willow. I'm beginning to appreciate Wigfrid's abilities's better now too.

I have Wormwood but I haven't played him yet. He sounds like a great support character, though :)

its gets ugly if we start a wig wolfgang discussion xD we have one in another post

wickerbottom is very hard to play for new players cause shes only good if you use her book abbilities. and if you do so you will be insane all the time from reading books. 

wendy is great for you to learn the game. abby can help you in evry dangerous situation

My dream team

Wickerbottom

2 Maxwell 

Wormwood 

Wolfgang 

Wigfrid 

Covers hunger, and health with wickerbottom and wormwood 

two powerhouses Wolfgang and wigfrid, wigfrid can make cheap helms for all and Wolfgang with that double damage 

2 Maxwells to read wicker books along with his S tier gathering and farm nightmare fuel. You'll be drowning in rocks and boards, very good for a base for 6 people 

On 6/18/2019 at 2:42 PM, PSV_USA said:

Lot's of people struggle with wickerbottom because they don't know how to manage their sanity. Wicker is a  cake walk in the beginning but as you go on with the days and don't get prototype boost early on like everyone else. You miss out on alot of sanity increases. You have to focus on Green caps, cactus, and bee boxes. Just like wortox style, if you see a butterfly. PUNCH IT!. The butterflies are going to replace all that health you lose when picking cactus. unless you can get a husk from wormwood, or don't mind using armor to pick cactus.

17 minutes ago, Ryeknox said:

Lot's of people struggle with wickerbottom because they don't know how to manage their sanity. Wicker is a  cake walk in the beginning but as you go on with the days and don't get prototype boost early on like everyone else. You miss out on alot of sanity increases. You have to focus on Green caps, cactus, and bee boxes. Just like wortox style, if you see a butterfly. PUNCH IT!. The butterflies are going to replace all that health you lose when picking cactus. unless you can get a husk from wormwood, or don't mind using armor to pick cactus.

Hey, thanks for all these tips! I carry butterflies over seeds as an emergency food source anyway (maybe it's a bit crude, but I love using a cat o' three tails to snap them up lol), but I didn't think about the cactus and bee boxes (is that for making the taffy?) I know you can make taffy with 3 honey and a twig, which I normally do if honey starts to spoil, and I have heard that taffy helps sanity but I never saw much increase when I use it. Does it matter how fresh the taffy is or the character eating it as to how good the sanity increase is? Most of the time the taffy is already in the orange before I find a need for it. Maybe fresh taffy would be different?

To be honest, I end up making honey hams or nuggets with the honey lol And cactus is something I rarely come across unless we are at our dragonfly camp, and I decided picking "ow" the "ow cactus "ow" (<--- channeling James Bucket XD )was not a good idea for me, but if it helps sanity and can be negated with butterflies, wow...that would be helpful and is worth trying again :)  Maybe I can give Wickerbottom another go just to see...

Love the advice, thanks again!

Willow: Bernie!

Wigfrid: She’s deadly

Wortox: Eats souls when he’s hungry

Wormwood: Chops off his own arm and rubs manure on himself to heal

Wolfgang: MIGHTY WOLFGANG!

Wickerbottom: Barely opens her eyes, but sees everything.

*Excited to see how Abigail is going to be changed along with Wendy.

7 hours ago, PSV_USA said:

Hey, thanks for all these tips! I carry butterflies over seeds as an emergency food source anyway (maybe it's a bit crude, but I love using a cat o' three tails to snap them up lol), but I didn't think about the cactus and bee boxes (is that for making the taffy?) I know you can make taffy with 3 honey and a twig, which I normally do if honey starts to spoil, and I have heard that taffy helps sanity but I never saw much increase when I use it. Does it matter how fresh the taffy is or the character eating it as to how good the sanity increase is? Most of the time the taffy is already in the orange before I find a need for it. Maybe fresh taffy would be different?

To be honest, I end up making honey hams or nuggets with the honey lol And cactus is something I rarely come across unless we are at our dragonfly camp, and I decided picking "ow" the "ow cactus "ow" (<--- channeling James Bucket XD )was not a good idea for me, but if it helps sanity and can be negated with butterflies, wow...that would be helpful and is worth trying again :)  Maybe I can give Wickerbottom another go just to see...

Love the advice, thanks again!

Yes cooked cactus restores i believe +15 to sanity, and Taffy also gives +15 to sanity(must be green). For the Taffy if you need instant sanity gain, the x3 honey + x1 twig is the best recipe, however if you plan on eating it later or using it for ruins runs then cook it using x4 honey since that recipe gives the full spoilage time(full green bar). I think WX would be the only character that can eat yellow or red taffy and still get a benefit from it. 

3 hours ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

*Excited to see how Abigail is going to be changed along with Wendy.

She is??? Do you have a link, please?

5 hours ago, Brago-sama said:

You could also just embrace the insanity 

LOL, I can fight the slow, fat nightmares but those fast ones...They always seem to hit me and they always seem to be in pairs!

Just now, PSV_USA said:

She is??? Do you have a link, please?

All the characters are getting a rework throughout this year. The 2019 Roadmap in the general forums was where it was stated, we just don't know the order in which the reworks will happen.

Archived