Red and purple Gems and the Quagmire/Gorge...

Red gem:

quagmire_coin03.gif.9648ebd1a267cec55d4bquagmire_portalkey_idle.gif.3e6635549973quagmire_cemetery_urn.gif.ad9a9de1171052quagmire_cemetery_angel.gif.b0d4861549aequagmire_cemetery_angel2.gif.ab4c805e047quagmire_birdbath_idle.gif.5637e76bd6afdquagmire_altar_statue1_idle.gif.5405fbf4quagmire_altar_statue2_idle.gif.25f00c4elatest?cb=20180615175131

Purple gem:

quagmire_altar_queen_idle.thumb.gif.53aequagmire_altar_idle.gif.115a80b08c43ff73

So just a notice and a chance to spitball: Red and purple gems seem to be a motif in the event. Red gems are for fire and purple are for dark magic... What were the goat cultists trying to do before and after the gnaw came?

Hm i think red gems are more for life than fire. But also I looked for othe meaning of the symbol and I found:

• Sin,
  • Corruption,
  • Debauchery,
  • Power,
  • Omnipotence,
  • Betrayal,
  • Lie,
  • Evil,
  • Devil,
  • Pain/suffering,
  • Disease,

And more more more. I had feelings like saw before insignias which holding goat cultist. I doubt that it would be a reference but look really similar to this:

Spoiler

Crown_jewels_Poland_1.JPG

In my opinion Gnaw is something like God for us but bad God. He was all time above goats, goats worship him and he wanted more and more. Also only I feel like Forge and Gorge antagonists reference to seven deadly sins? Maybe Klei really made references to history, religions. Make sens, better is doing something according to know things than doing imaginery and get lose in mind :p

image.png.d3647ca3729743ccc504092f470ab456.png

Ok so

Red gems are commonly associated with fire and life, where's blue gems are associated with cold and repair. They co-exist nicely. What the red gem destroys, the blue gem will repair. What the blue gem freezes over and harms, the red gem will thaw and heal.

However, red gems also contain something even greater, that being Space. Blue gems contain Time. Should the two gems be combined you get the purple gem. A gem of darkness.

The life that once existed within the red gem has been murdered. The hope within the blue gem is gone. What you are left with is a black hole. A husk. It would appear that there is nothing left of this gem. Nothing but darkness. But that is just not true. For there is still Time and Space, and they have finally been combined. Reunited.

Purple gems are a portable wormhole. A key, of some kind. Should one be used correctly, they can teleport anything or anyone through time and space. Across the world. Across the many voids that exist within the plains. It's destination is unpredictable, but can be set with more purple gems. But you'd have to reach said location first. And that is exactly the problem.

The goats have attempted to reach for something great. Something powerful. A saving grace in these dire times. When Charlie rose to power, their basic livelihood went downhill. There where monster everywhere, shadows haunting their dreams, unknown beings and diseases riddled the commoners.

Their potential last hope was to reach for a being that would protect them, their lives. A God, or a Greater being.

By using the purple gems, they sent out gifts, and perhaps sacrifices, to the void. A 'help signal', or 'flare'. Unknownst to them, a starting point without an end has no goal, nor destination. And they instead rang the dinnerbell to something much, much worse. The Gnaw.

Also something I noticed. There's a small yellow gem on the kings head, right above the purple gem. Yelloe gems being the gem of light and swiftness. Able to beat darkness by absorbing the darkness and convert it to light. A gem of anti darkness right above the gem of darkness. There's theories to be had but I'm honestly so tired and I cannot think straight and my english feels broken, so i'll leave that part to someone else.

4 hours ago, Terra_Zina said:

where's blue gems are associated with ... repair.

However, red gems also contain something even greater, that being Space. Blue gems contain Time.

I'm really confused by this. Could you explain how you came up with this theory? I'm not seeing anything at in in the game that supports it.

1 minute ago, axxel said:

They used rubies because they have chatoyance...please google it.

In gemology, chatoyancy, or chatoyance or cat's eye effect, is an optical reflectance effect seen in certain gemstones.

Ahhh... Hence the coin.

1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Creation and destruction. natural cycle of life = birth and death. 

That's what I thought:

Red gems are commonly associated with fire and life, where's blue gems are associated with cold and repair.\

Yelloe gems being the gem of light and swiftness.

Wait, so... Orange gems are connected with laziness?

The colour orange itself is associated with happyness, exaggeration and comedy. Lazyness has different colours like brown, grey, black, blue and violet. Because lazyness is negative it will be associated with cooler colours.

Just now, axxel said:

The colour orange itself is associated with happyness, exaggeration and comedy. Lazyness has different colours like brown, grey, black, blue and violet. Because lazyness is negative it will be associated with cooler colours.

dude orange literally means laziness in the game

32 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

please tell me where you actually found that in lore/game cause I never saw anything about orange gems bending TIME

Casuality omitting orange gems bend space? 

Laziness doesn't make any sense lore-wise and yet you said this

42 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Which BTW is not true. The lazy theme just represent convinience. The convinience or "lazyness" is to be able to jump through space and time... Literally saving time. 

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Casuality omitting orange gems bend space? 

Laziness doesn't make any sense lore-wise and yet you said this

Which BTW is not true. The lazy theme just represent convinience. The convinience or "lazyness" is to be able to jump through space and time... Literally saving time. 

image.thumb.png.de194d9e2ee56c0434ded283f40539f1.png

I mean, it's pretty much confirmed that yes, Orange bends time or space or whatever, but it's also the gem of laziness. 

Like, even Winona doesn't like it, she's a worker, she hates being lazy.
Wilba claims it will save her time, taking shortcuts is considered lazy by many.

2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

image.thumb.png.cb6c25cf5cfbfd85bf8bf9f269f0a34b.pngI see it.

On the topic of the Red gems, I noticed that these almost all look like Wormwood's Gem in his Rose skin.
It's confirmed the gems come from the moon, you can get some gems from mining the glass, and Wormwood came from the moon, too.
I thought there was a connection, but I'm just starting to think that these gems are all the same, just different shapes.

17 minutes ago, -Variant said:

image.thumb.png.de194d9e2ee56c0434ded283f40539f1.png

I mean, it's pretty much confirmed that yes, Orange bends time or space or whatever, but it's also the gem of laziness. 

Like, even Winona doesn't like it, she's a worker, she hates being lazy.
Wilba claims it will save her time, taking shortcuts is considered lazy by many.

image.thumb.png.cb6c25cf5cfbfd85bf8bf9f269f0a34b.pngI see it.

On the topic of the Red gems, I noticed that these almost all look like Wormwood's Gem in his Rose skin.
It's confirmed the gems come from the moon, you can get some gems from mining the glass, and Wormwood came from the moon, too.
I thought there was a connection, but I'm just starting to think that these gems are all the same, just different shapes.

I already explained the lazyness theme is added to structures and items that allow the convinience teleporting/telepoofing/moving items from the floor to inventory.

As you mentioned taking shortcuts could be consider something "lazy" or convinient that doesn't mean the gem itself stands for lazyness. The gem represents the ability to move between space, characters and also items. 

Apart from the Altar I would just say they're decoration. The altar's gems are likely to of course ZOOM the food up to the Gnaw.

The Portal Key might have more significance, but we don't know anything about the properties of Bloodstone in regard to magic.

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

Apart from the Altar I would just say they're decoration. The altar's gems are likely to of course ZOOM the food up to the Gnaw.

I thought this too, but I also thought it just sucked up the food.
Seeing the gems, you're probably right on the zoomy one.

10 hours ago, Thalkas said:

Also only I feel like Forge and Gorge antagonists reference to seven deadly sins? 

I thought that too, the Forge - anger/wrath, the Gorge - gluttony. Maybe there will be 5 more events with different sins that we have to fight? Also about the gems how many there are: red,blue,purple,yellow,green,orange and that rainbow one you get if you deconstruct the moon staff thing, there are 7. red gem - fire,anger, purple gem - gluttony,shadow maybe?

20 minutes ago, TurtleKitty said:

Does this mean the Opal, having all color fragments, is the omnis of the power gems? 

I think It's like deconstructing the rainbow... 

The moon is the source of the gems... It seems like all gems are initially colorless and then they change color (and probably shape too). Probs NF cycles or the contact with other elements in the new lands. 

"Chrmium impurities have colored this gem green" Wickerbottom

When impurities are added to colorless gemstones, brilliant colors are frequently produced. When chromium is added to colorless corundum, a red ruby is born, and a green emerald emerges when chromium is added to colorless beryl. Diamonds can be colored blue or yellow by the addition of impurities.

Then when the moon inbudes its magic its probably like an explosion of all the colors at the same time. Ergo why the iridiscent stone is multicolor. 

Archived