Return of Them Status Update

When you see a lot of posts in "Return of Them Status Update", hope is some actual news about "Turn of Tides" going live or something buuuut.. you find 4 pages of basically "where's my update" :ghost:

@Dynamix_Roxx can you pls let it go? We get it, Klei haven't been too organized, made some erroneous estimates, addressed this all to clarify certain instances and whatnot, and that's that. By this point conversations diluted more-or-less into "Have I insulted you?" (and for some reason a most "military enlistment is compulsory in some countries" also popped because.. why not at this point :distracted:) Am sure you have more games into Steam library or RandomConsole's inventory (if that's how is called), occupy your time with those if needed, chillax with a pint of icy schnaps under the calm blue summer sky, life is fun and don't forget: don't starve! :D Peace!

2 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

When you see a lot of posts in "Return of Them Status Update", hope is some actual news about "Turn of Tides" going live or something buuuut.. you find 4 pages of basically "where's my update" :ghost:

@Dynamix_Roxx can you pls let it go? We get it, Klei haven't been too organized, made some erroneous estimates, addressed this all to clarify certain instances and whatnot, and that's that. By this point conversations diluted more-or-less into "Have I insulted you?" (and for some reason a most "military enlistment is compulsory in some countries" also popped because.. why not at this point :distracted:) Am sure you have more games into Steam library or RandomConsole's inventory (if that's how is called), occupy your time with those if needed, chillax with a pint of icy schnaps under the calm blue summer sky, life is fun and don't forget: don't starve! :D Peace!

I completely agree and this is why I only responded to @JoeW at first until being constantly insulted myself and felt I needed to start defending myself. I feel like I’ve gotten my point across. Sad that this is what happens when you try to do so. 

39 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

LMFAO! Reading your god awful opinion on how a war works in the Don’t starve forum was really what we should all be here for though, right? 

I guess humans killing humans is cool? You've already lost a lot of credibility here. If you want to argue a pro-death point be my guest. 

16 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Not why I’m here. You have fun though. 

You can't belittle what someone says and then not back it up. If you say something is awful you need to explain why you think that. This isn't the place for this topic anyway, but PM me and I can elaborate more on the subject. 

Okay let's get back into topic guys.

Understandable the ToT is going to be released later than believed. I wonder what might get added to it. 

Also doesn't Joew contradict what Bigfoot said?

What Bigfoot said:

For this first update, we’ve focused primarily on building the fundamental tech and infrastructure for Return of Them. Please know that we expect this update to be a bit content light, and over the following months we will be adding more content to both the islands and the sea.

What JoeW Said: 

So just to be clear here so that we aren't raising expectations, Turn of Tides is the first big update for Return of Them. So it's not going to be complete when it does go live, but it needs to be stable and interesting enough that it's worth putting into the main game.

So which is it? Big update or small update? :p 

3 minutes ago, MrKoopa said:

Understandable the ToT is going to be released later than believed. I wonder what might get added to it. 

What Bigfoot said:

What JoeW Said: 

I think they are reffering to different parts of the update, one being the full one and the other being turn of tides

1 hour ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

This is how the community here responds to my criticism of Klei missing release date after release date?

This is how people in general respond to a broken record. Even when given the reason why it was delayed (and it was quite a reasonable one), you keep repeating yourself. I think everyone is just kinda tired of it. For almost an entire page, nothing really new has been discussed.

5 minutes ago, Hatano Eichero said:

I think they are reffering to different parts of the update, one being the full one and the other being turn of tides

Ik, can also be the case that Bigfoot don't think it is much of an update(ToT) while Joew thinks it is.

Could also be the case that ToT will become even bigger and that Bigfoot and Joew are commenting on different versions of a "full ToT". One we know, and one that is the polished product,

I think this is a good place to say this after the fire has went out.

Okay everyone, stop arguing with people on these forums, especially if they seem like an unreasonable person. Most people (in my experience) aren't able to accept a loss in an argument, no matter how wrong they may be. Some people get so tangled up in what they think that they cannot listen to others, this happens to all of us. Some more than others. See, sometimes when people have so many holes in their arguments they convince themselves that they are always right. They might resent you for being the victor so much that they convince themselves they are the victor.

EDIT: If you come into an argument without a purpose of learning from the other person, chances are both of you are going nowhere positive. Before you reply to a post please think about this, it saves you and others from stress.

3 hours ago, MrKoopa said:

What Bigfoot said:

What JoeW Said: 

I don't think what either of us said conflict. 

It's a big update. But content light.

It is content light but it's a huge update in terms of how much work went into it and how much was built to support future content. All said it's probably going to be the single largest update of the bunch.

Jamie's post was written to manage expectations so people did not expect too much and mine was written AFTER people knew what was in the update. 

19 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I really wouldn't like to have to lock an official update thread. I'll have to ask all of you to remain on topic and not target specific users when making a post to avoid further arguments.

I'm mildly annoyed by this thread constantly switching places on the forum feed due to the repetitive complaints, console wars, out of place manifestos on politics of war and revitalization of dead arguments through replies ex post facto. 

If it won't be locked, can it be pinned to the frontpage alongside other anouncements? Shouldn't official updates be pinned anyway?

3 hours ago, Misa22 said:

Back to the topic:

I am kinda glad Klei is taking its time with theupdate, because I, myself, find it pretty lacking still. 

Hope they release it loaded with stuff. 

It's not lacking anything, they said they just need it more polished.

It's got major new mechanics, and weeding out the bugs in that sort of thing is very time-consuming. But in terms of content, not so much until later. I'm going to guess that new mobs and items are relatively easy to create, but mechanics like sailing are a lot more challenging. In SW, the boats are really just part of the character. In DST boats are objects that move characters around, something we haven't had in either game before. To the untutored eye, the update may look light because there isn't a lot of new content -- not many items or mobs in the water and not much to do with the stuff that is there. But that doesn't mean that it wasn't a major programming project that will lay the groundwork for content to come.

Idk if the Devs will see this comment, but my personal feelings on this update remain positive.

The roadmap, the change from events to characters, the whole direction of Tides update. I love it.

A delay ain't stopping me from enjoying what I've got. Wormwood is the best thing ever, and is super Mario maker 2 only a week away!?

Hi there, I don´t know if this is the place to ask (considering the off topic discussion) but I will try asking if there is any approximate date of the release for the console users, we do not have anything even close to the beta players, I know it´s delayed... but can we know if it is a delay of days... weeks... months?

Archived