Return of Them Status Update

7 hours ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Klei should just stop making these “estimates” then. It’s not fair to anyone. 

I'd rather have a rough estimate of when things are going to come out and have that get delayed than have them push out an unfinished update just because the community is impatient. I don't think that it's fair for us to want Klei to communicate with the community but then get upset when they aren't 100% correct on dates, especially when the reason is to polish an update so that it doesn't get added and end up being garbage. 

5 hours ago, Cpt. KatKit said:

Honestly as long as we can beta stuff I don't care how long until they are added to the "real" client :P. But people who only play live probably feel otherwise. 

There’s no beta for console users. 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

I'd rather have a rough estimate of when things are going to come out and have that get delayed than have them push out an unfinished update just because the community is impatient. I don't think that it's fair for us to want Klei to communicate with the community but then get upset when they aren't 100% correct on dates, especially when the reason is to polish an update so that it doesn't get added and end up being garbage. 

They don’t need to announce release dates at all yet. “Hey DST fans. We have new content!! You will find out more in the future as development is currently on going.”  How is that so hard?  Rather they announced mid-April, well before the beta was  even released.  

I don’t want to be that guy complaining about how they missed a release date. However everyone else seems to praise Klei no matter what they do and they don’t seem to be accountable for anything.

There is no future date for this new content at this time. 

Console players ask time and time again for any type of response and never receive any. They’re just left wondering and waiting.

Funkpop codes were removed from consoles. Yet are still available to PC players. 

The Forge is coming in 2017!

14 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

There’s no beta for console users. 

friend, unfortunately for those who play on the PC and already have the beta, it is almost impossible to understand who plays on the console and does not have the content, I already gave up... :(

8 minutes ago, Marco BR said:

friend, unfortunately for those who play on the PC and already have the beta, it is almost impossible to understand who plays on the console and does not have the content, I already gave up... :(

I’m giving up too. Just wanted to show my frustration.   Here’s my older post. 

I quit after year of the Varg when The Forge never came to console. New content was released and console players got nothing. Now mid-2019 were supposedly all getting the update at the same time. We’ll see June 20th. If it doesn’t come June 20th, Idk, I give up.

This is a joke now..

1 hour ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

I’m giving up too. Just wanted to show my frustration.   Here’s my older post. 

I quit after year of the Varg when The Forge never came to console. New content was released and console players got nothing. Now mid-2019 were supposedly all getting the update at the same time. We’ll see June 20th. If it doesn’t come June 20th, Idk, I give up.

I understand, It's incredibly frustrating when consoles get jack**** compared to pc, but there's nothing we can do about it because we get little recognition :(

I personally really appreciate the communication. Having estimates is great, and if there are delays, hearing about them is also great. It feels nice to be in the loop with how things are progressing! I like hearing Dev feedback on their work. I don’t think we should admonish klei for what they’re doing here

As a console player i'm perfectly fine with the delay and i 100% appreciate any type of communication as other devs simply ignore their customers. But to be honest i have been playing less and less as time has gone on this year, simply because of the potential of having or not having to start a new world. I hate losing hundreds to thousands of hours of work, and yet i'm giddy with anticipation for new content, so really i'm just sitting here confused, to play or not to play? that is the question.

Honestly I thought all the content for this next batch of updates was going to stay in beta until it was fully fleshed out first.  Basically when the "Return of Them," was complete.

For the console debate that is going on: it's not really Klei fault this is happening.  All of the console systems have a tedious certification process to go through for any update.  Even minor ones.  Not sure if any of them still charge for the process either.  Plus Klei's team is only so big to cover every version of Don't Starve.  I am still waiting for Nintendo switch quality of life update for awhile myself. The PC version is always has been easier to patch/update.  Hence why it started on that platform in the first place.

I too thought June 20th was a bit too quick tbh. The wait is worth it.

One question tho : will it be possible ti transfer our beta games once the update sails? (badum tss)

I'm trying to build a massive camp and all with my partner and it'd be a bummer to start it all over again :/

1 hour ago, cottonalpaca said:

I too thought June 20th was a bit too quick tbh. The wait is worth it.

One question tho : will it be possible ti transfer our beta games once the update sails? (badum tss)

I'm trying to build a massive camp and all with my partner and it'd be a bummer to start it all over again :/

Beta saves and main build saves are in different folders. U can manually paste them to the old save file in a free cluster. 

23 hours ago, Sindex said:

I personally really appreciate the communication

Klei: Let’s give everyone a heart!! ❤️

Then not communicate anything after 2 delays from April to June to infinity. 

Great communication! 

On 2019-06-16 at 6:28 PM, Rogueagent01 said:

i'm just sitting here confused, to play or not to play? that is the question.

Klei: You get a star too!

That’s been the question since 2017 when their other “new content” (The Forge) failed to be released to consoles.

GREAT COMMUNICATION KLEI!!

EVERYONE PRAISE KLEI

MAYBE I CAN GET A HEART TOO!! 

22 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Great communication! 

That’s been the question since 2017 when their other “new content” (The Forge) failed to be released to consoles.

GREAT COMMUNICATION KLEI!!

EVERYONE PRAISE KLEI

MAYBE I CAN GET A STAR TOO!! 

Wow, what a brilliant argument! If people don't agree with you, they're just devoted fanboys! It all makes sense. Who in the world would come to a different logical conclusion? Man, I sure feel silly now. Thanks for the sound and logical argument. 

We acknowledged that our previous content plan did not work well for you, which played a significant part in our current update schedule. One of which we promised that updates would come to console ASAP and we have brought most updates to console same day or just a couple days after everybody else. 

I understand that you missed out on content - it sucks, but we can't undo that. We can only try to move forward and make things better.

Now @Marco BR as I have explained to you multiple times now, that is the plan and that continues to be the plan until noted otherwise. But at this point even though we HAVE made it drastically better, now it's at the point where if an update comes out the next day on console, you;re over here mad as though we don't care. Express your concern, sure. But I am not going to tell you over and over the same thing.

@Dynamix_Roxx - I understand that you want us to hold content for ALL players until it can come to console. Like I told you before, we're not going to do this. If we WERE to do this, it would be a significantly worse experience for all players. On PC if there is a crash or big issue, we can have it fixed within minutes, on console we're talking days and sometimes weeks. This means that if there were an issue, we wouldn't be able to catch it early, so console and PC get something broken and a ton of time is wasted while it could have been spent fixing things.   

I understand that some other games do this. This is why you all have to wait months between updates on those consoles. 

The fact is, the way consoles work we must submit to a certification process and have updates approved before it can go out. It includes enough extra work that we have an additional team and we have had to develop additional technology JUST to get it out to you guys as quickly as we do. 

For beta on Return of Them, I am sorry that you are disappointed, but console is not equipped well for beta branches and we're not going to ship buggy and unfinished content to console because they don't have a beta branch. 

I don't know how much more communication you two actually want on this, I have said all of this to you before. 

They don’t need to announce release dates at all yet. “Hey DST fans. We have new content!! You will find out more in the future as development is currently on going.”  How is that so hard?  Rather they announced mid-April, well before the beta was  even released.  

I don’t want to be that guy complaining about how they missed a release date. However everyone else seems to praise Klei no matter what they do and they don’t seem to be accountable for anything.

There is no future date for this new content at this time. 

Console players ask time and time again for any type of response and never receive any. They’re just left wondering and waiting.

Funkpop codes were removed from consoles. Yet are still available to PC players. 

The Forge is coming in 2017!

I am not sure how you can both argue that you're not being given enough information AND saying we shouldn't give information. 

Any time we announce content without a date, people want to know the date and we are asked constantly and people feel ignored. Additionally it is better to tell you all a date to help motivate us to hit that date. We generally also almost always tell people that we "expect" to hit a date and that things can change. Maybe I didn't this time, but generally it's pretty well understood that we care more about the content than the date. In the future I will make more effort to be abundantly clear that times are always going to be an estimate and may change. 

Funko pop codes were removed because console won't allow them to be used and they weren't supposed to be available in the first place. The cards the codes come on specifically say PC only. 

Where is my heart?

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

We acknowledged that our previous content plan did not work well for you, which played a significant part in our current update schedule. One of which we promised that updates would come to console ASAP and we have brought most updates to console same day or just a couple days after everybody else. 

I understand that you missed out on content - it sucks, but we can't undo that. We can only try to move forward and make things better.

Now @Marco BR as I have explained to you multiple times now, that is the plan and that continues to be the plan until noted otherwise. But at this point even though we HAVE made it drastically better, now it's at the point where if an update comes out the next day on console, you;re over here mad as though we don't care. Express your concern, sure. But I am not going to tell you over and over the same thing.

@Dynamix_Roxx - I understand that you want us to hold content for ALL players until it can come to console. Like I told you before, we're not going to do this. If we WERE to do this, it would be a significantly worse experience for all players. On PC if there is a crash or big issue, we can have it fixed within minutes, on console we're talking days and sometimes weeks. This means that if there were an issue, we wouldn't be able to catch it early, so console and PC get something broken and a ton of time is wasted while it could have been spent fixing things.   

I understand that some other games do this. This is why you all have to wait months between updates on those consoles. 

The fact is, the way consoles work we must submit to a certification process and have updates approved before it can go out. It includes enough extra work that we have an additional team and we have had to develop additional technology JUST to get it out to you guys as quickly as we do. 

For beta on Return of Them, I am sorry that you are disappointed, but console is not equipped well for beta branches and we're not going to ship buggy and unfinished content to console because they don't have a beta branch. 

I don't know how much more communication you two actually want on this, I have said all of this to you before. 

I am not sure how can both argue that you're not being given enough information AND saying we shouldn't give information. 

Any time we announce content without a date, people want to know the date and we are asked constantly and people feel ignored. Additionally it is better to tell you all a date to help motivate us to hit that date. We generally also almost always tell people that we "expect" to hit a date and that things can change. Maybe I didn't this time, but generally it's pretty well understood that we care more about the content than the date. In the future I will make more effort to be abundantly clear that times are always going to be an estimate and may change. 

Funko pop codes were removed because console won't allow them to be used and they weren't supposed to be available in the first place. The cards the codes come on specifically say PC only. 

I’m acknowledging that your previous content plan did not work for YOU!

Your previous content plan which was released in January claims mid-April for new content, then delayed to June 20th. Now we have no date at all and you claim that I’m upset about all content being released across all platforms simultaneously still? Are you delusional?  I wanted new content months ago. That’s why I returned to the game in February of this year. You failed miserably to deliver however.

MarcoBR was not in my forum post. Glad you included him. I’m not sure you communicated with him very well though.  

I do not care about the beta. As I stated, I just want the new content to come to consoles at all. Unlike waiting for the Forge in 2017 which never came after you personally said it would.

I feel like you need to recognize that setting a public date as “motivation” to meet is a poor plan when you consistently fail to meet such dates. You do not meet the stated date and the only result is poor public relations. As a strategy for communicating with your potential buyers, it’s terrible.

Try sticking to dates rather than posting them publicly and then failing to meet them and falling back and calling them estimates.  

Communication? When you constantly communicate things that aren’t true, is that good communication? 

I don’t want to stop playing the game. I just don’t want a bunch of unrealistic public “estimates” getting my hopes up over and over. If the only thing I have to look forward to in the game for the rest of the year is new characters/refreshes, then just tell me that.

❤️Where is my heart? ❤️

Where is my heart?

I’m acknowledging that your previous content plan did not work for YOU!

Your previous content plan which was released in January claims mid-April for new content, then delayed to June 20th. Now we have no date at all and you claim that I’m upset about all content being released across all platforms simultaneously still? Are you delusional?  I wanted new content months ago. That’s why I returned to the game in February of this year. You failed miserably to deliver however.

MarcoBR was not in my forum post. Glad you included him. I’m not sure you communicated with him very well though.  

I do not care about the beta. As I stated, I just want the new content to come to consoles at all. Unlike waiting for the Forge in 2017 which never came after you personally said it would.

I feel like you need to recognize that setting a public date as “motivation” to meet is a poor plan when you consistently fail to meet such dates. You do not meet the stated date and the only result is poor public relations. As a strategy for communicating with your potential buyers, it’s terrible.

Try sticking to dates rather than posting them publicly and then failing to meet them and falling back and calling them estimates.  

Communication? When you constantly communicate things that aren’t true, is that good communication? 

I don’t want to stop playing the game. I just don’t want a bunch of unrealistic public “estimates” getting my hopes up over and over. If the only thing I have to look forward to in the game for the rest of the year is new characters/refreshes, then just tell me that.

❤️Where is my heart? ❤️

Hey man, i don't want to be mean, but you should be grateful about the new content they're giving us. This game has been since 2016 (correct me if i'm wrong) and to be honest, the new content (Events/others) they give us are quite nice IMO. They take some time to make their product good, and not mediocre. Moreover, if they're delaying the content it must be for a good reason. They're not slaves, and they, like us, have a life too, so don't be so entitled about it. They're doing their best to keep this community going and you're not helping a lot.

31 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

uuuuhhh... insulting a developer probably won't help your argument.

It's also usually what causes developers to stop interacting with their playerbase.

I've seen it first hand too many times.

(all of their posts on this thread)

I don't really feel like spending an hour nitpicking this, but anyone with enough spare time to read this thread can probably see that this is not even criticism, it is continuous, disappointing, disrespectful whining and slander. I find it astonishing that after you get a genuine apology and offer to change this for the better you reply with more whining. The audacity and dare I say entitlement in these posts leave me in shock.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8bae0867699825b31ef1a7a856fd3fda.png

image.thumb.png.aa50b2a345b234b859cacba2dcaffb8c.png

(this is just immature)

3 hours ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Great communication! 

I had some sympathy for your argument. However since you want to go down that road of arrogance, twisting words, and with a severe lack of reading comprehension. I guess there is no hope for you.

Joe even stated the same logical reason why they can’t just simply update/patch the game on console compared to the PC. Yet you just insulted him instead.

Archived