JoeW

Return of Them Status Update

Dynamix_Roxx    193
5 hours ago, Cpt. KatKit said:

Honestly as long as we can beta stuff I don't care how long until they are added to the "real" client :P. But people who only play live probably feel otherwise. 

There’s no beta for console users. 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

I'd rather have a rough estimate of when things are going to come out and have that get delayed than have them push out an unfinished update just because the community is impatient. I don't think that it's fair for us to want Klei to communicate with the community but then get upset when they aren't 100% correct on dates, especially when the reason is to polish an update so that it doesn't get added and end up being garbage. 

They don’t need to announce release dates at all yet. “Hey DST fans. We have new content!! You will find out more in the future as development is currently on going.”  How is that so hard?  Rather they announced mid-April, well before the beta was  even released.  

I don’t want to be that guy complaining about how they missed a release date. However everyone else seems to praise Klei no matter what they do and they don’t seem to be accountable for anything.

There is no future date for this new content at this time. 

Console players ask time and time again for any type of response and never receive any. They’re just left wondering and waiting.

Funkpop codes were removed from consoles. Yet are still available to PC players. 

The Forge is coming in 2017!

• Like 3

Marco BR    1,626
14 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

There’s no beta for console users. 

friend, unfortunately for those who play on the PC and already have the beta, it is almost impossible to understand who plays on the console and does not have the content, I already gave up... :(

• Like 2

Dynamix_Roxx    193
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Marco BR said:

friend, unfortunately for those who play on the PC and already have the beta, it is almost impossible to understand who plays on the console and does not have the content, I already gave up... :(

I’m giving up too. Just wanted to show my frustration.   Here’s my older post. 

I quit after year of the Varg when The Forge never came to console. New content was released and console players got nothing. Now mid-2019 were supposedly all getting the update at the same time. We’ll see June 20th. If it doesn’t come June 20th, Idk, I give up.

This is a joke now..

Edited by Dynamix_Roxx
  • Like 1

reverentsatyr    2,277
1 hour ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

I’m giving up too. Just wanted to show my frustration.   Here’s my older post. 

I quit after year of the Varg when The Forge never came to console. New content was released and console players got nothing. Now mid-2019 were supposedly all getting the update at the same time. We’ll see June 20th. If it doesn’t come June 20th, Idk, I give up.

I understand, It's incredibly frustrating when consoles get jack**** compared to pc, but there's nothing we can do about it because we get little recognition :(

Sindex    141

Honestly I thought all the content for this next batch of updates was going to stay in beta until it was fully fleshed out first.  Basically when the "Return of Them," was complete.

For the console debate that is going on: it's not really Klei fault this is happening.  All of the console systems have a tedious certification process to go through for any update.  Even minor ones.  Not sure if any of them still charge for the process either.  Plus Klei's team is only so big to cover every version of Don't Starve.  I am still waiting for Nintendo switch quality of life update for awhile myself. The PC version is always has been easier to patch/update.  Hence why it started on that platform in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I too thought June 20th was a bit too quick tbh. The wait is worth it.

One question tho : will it be possible ti transfer our beta games once the update sails? (badum tss)

I'm trying to build a massive camp and all with my partner and it'd be a bummer to start it all over again :/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

FreyaMaluk    4,957
1 hour ago, cottonalpaca said:

I too thought June 20th was a bit too quick tbh. The wait is worth it.

One question tho : will it be possible ti transfer our beta games once the update sails? (badum tss)

I'm trying to build a massive camp and all with my partner and it'd be a bummer to start it all over again :/

Beta saves and main build saves are in different folders. U can manually paste them to the old save file in a free cluster. 

• Like 3

Dynamix_Roxx    193
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Sindex said:

I personally really appreciate the communication

Klei: Let’s give everyone a heart!! ❤️

Then not communicate anything after 2 delays from April to June to infinity. 

Great communication! 

On 2019-06-16 at 6:28 PM, Rogueagent01 said:

i'm just sitting here confused, to play or not to play? that is the question.

Klei: You get a star too!

That’s been the question since 2017 when their other “new content” (The Forge) failed to be released to consoles.

GREAT COMMUNICATION KLEI!!

EVERYONE PRAISE KLEI

MAYBE I CAN GET A HEART TOO!! 

Edited by Dynamix_Roxx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

FreyaMaluk    4,957
12 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I'm gonna spitball but maybe the release will coincide with Warly?

Probably yeap. 

Maybe a bit sooner but that's wishful thinking. 

• Thanks 1