Return of Them Status Update

18 minutes ago, JoeW said:

So just to be clear here so that we aren't raising expectations, Turn of Tides is the first big update for Return of Them. So it's not going to be complete when it does go live, but it needs to be stable and interesting enough that it's worth putting into the main game.

This is great, to tell the truth I expected it to be turn the tides only (2 parts, first the start(base content) after that additions(additions to the base) and that's it). But this... well this is really good, it means there will be more! I will try to hold back my hype as hype is sometimes a bad thing. But if I undearstand it correctly there will be many updates with different themes?!

1.Turn of Tides = ocean/boats/new island (and moon) theme

2.??????= another theme or even more additions to the old update. Maybe more moon maybe something else?!

I'm not sure if I read it correctly?

EDIT:maybe I read too much into "the first big update for Return of Them"

I just hope we'll get a heads-up for when the last Lunar New Year will end so that I can weave the last Year of the Pig King items. As for the new content, don't rush it. It looks great and promising already. Polishing and working out the quirks for such a big update before releasing it is a stellar idea. :D

2 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

I just hope we'll get a heads-up for when the last Lunar New Year will end so that I can weave the last Year of the Pig King items. As for the new content, don't rush it. It looks great and promising already. Polishing and working out the quirks for such a big update before releasing it is a stellar idea. :D

In real life Year of the Pig should end 25th January, so we can wait more than last time to 25th:D If Klei will end lunar events by their original dates!

2 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Klei promises brand new content for Don't Starve Together beginning mid-April, including new biomes and creatures. Basically, more things that want to kill you and your friends. New content will come "every couple months afterward."

https://www.gameinformer.com/dlc/2019/01/23/dont-starve-together-devs-reveal-dlc-plans-for-2019

the devs explained already the delay.... no point on bringing that up at this point

3 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

the devs explained already the delay.... no point on bringing that up at this point

In January we were told April, in April were told June, in June we were told a delay. I’m waiting for a console release of the Forge still from 2017.  There’s no point in Klei having release dates. 

7 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

In January we were told April, in April were told June, in June we were told a delay. I’m waiting for a console release of the Forge still from 2017.  There’s no point in Klei having release dates. 

i understand your frustration as console player specially (forge is not coming in the foreseeable future for pc either btw)...

Klei is not well known for releasing on time.... that's a fact... but tbh I prefer they take their time instead of rushing something trashy for the greed...

I don't remember they postponing in January btw.... 

1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

i understand your frustration as console player specially (forge is not coming in the foreseeable future for pc either btw)...

Klei is not well known for releasing on time.... that's a fact... but tbh I prefer they take their time instead of rushing something trashy for the greed...

My frustration is in their lies. I too want a good product, just maybe don’t announce date after date after date when they aren’t true? The gameinformer article from January I posted quotes “Klei promises brand new content for Don’t Starve Together beginning mid-April.” Taken from the developers posts in the forums. Here we are mid-June with no word on when the new content will even arrive. I’d rather they just don’t announce a new date this time. I didn’t believe June 20th for 1 second. 

5 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

My frustration is in their lies. I too want a good product, just maybe don’t announce date after date after date when they aren’t true? The gameinformer article from January I posted quotes “Klei promises brand new content for Don’t Starve Together beginning mid-April.” Taken from the developers posts in the forums. Here we are mid-June with no word on when the new content will even arrive. I’d rather they just don’t announce a new date this time. I didn’t believe June 20th for 1 second. 

gameinformer used the word "promise" but if you have been around sometime with Klei you know their release dates aren't a promise but an estimate.

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

gameinformer used the word "promise" but if you have been around sometime with Klei you know their release dates aren't a promise but an estimate.

Klei should just stop making these “estimates” then. It’s not fair to anyone. 

7 hours ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Klei should just stop making these “estimates” then. It’s not fair to anyone. 

If my memory is up to the mark Klei in past wasn't doing those “estimates” so much... and some forumites here began complaining about apparent lack of communication. Then they started doing them.. and now some forumites complain about delays. Oh well...

8 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

If my memory is up to the mark Klei in past wasn't doing those “estimates” so much... and some forumites here began complaining about apparent lack of communication. Then they started doing them.. and now some forumites complain about delays. Oh well...

Now we get both a lack of communication and horrible estimates on release dates. 

Archived