Return of Them Status Update

Hey Everybody, 

We're going to delay the release of Turn of Tides for a bit. We feel that it is a bit more rough around the edges than we would like and just not quite ready to be released. It's still going to be available on the beta branch, we just want everything to be more polished and 'complete' before it goes to the live version of Don't Starve Together. 

This scheduling change does not affect character or beta updates so Warly is still (currently) on schedule and the beta branch will continue to receive updates until we think it's ready to go out to everybody.

I don't have a current ETA on when Turn of Tides will be released to the live branch, but I will update you all as soon as we're reasonably certain of the new date. 

As always, a big thanks to everybody currently on the beta branch. Your feedback and bug reports have been super helpful, so please keep it coming!

Bummer it's not coming out, but the fact they're delaying it to make it a smoother smail is more than welcome, from all of us.
More quality, more fun, and certainly more water.

(+): Thanks for letting us know, though!

Oh good to know. I really dont like these rough aroung the edges. I hope that edges will be look like from Shipwrecked. Also any spoiler about next rework? Would be nice to get little tiny spoiler with "who will be next"! Still we dont know anything about it except that rework incoming!

As long as it's going to be all reworked and tweaked up and full of content that fits into the game, no problem.

I even like it being delayed a little, because I'll get to enjoy the fake sea's hidden beauty for longer.

Spoiler

But PLEASE, add SOMETHING to the world's edge! Even the fog from SW would do, but please! Just add something there instead of that anticlimatic, unoriginal invisible wall! Anything! 

If it takes more time = better/bigger update, and DST needs a good big update so I'm all in for delaying it but making it better.

47 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

Thanks for the update. Any news on when the beta will get the next part of ROT?

It should be around june 20, as the post says - "This scheduling change does not affect character or beta updates"

1 hour ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

tbh i didn't know we had an original release date

I didn't know either, read it was june 20th...

Damn is that date super close for this update, I'll be honest, I thought it be another month!

...I honestly didn't know, and I'm glad they are working on it more!

24 minutes ago, Fill-Lips said:

I didn't know either, read it was june 20th...

Damn is that date super close for this update, I'll be honest, I thought it be another month!

...I honestly didn't know, and I'm glad they are working on it more!

So just to be clear here so that we aren't raising expectations, Turn of Tides is the first big update for Return of Them. So it's not going to be complete when it does go live, but it needs to be stable and interesting enough that it's worth putting into the main game.

Archived