napsack and scaled flooring

hi. by reading the title you probably know what i'm about to say.i'm pretty sure other people mention this (glitch?) before. but since game is getting update recently its not a bad idea to do it again.

as you know you can farm 2 of the most important boss items: "scales 32?cb=20140417075617 " and "shroom skin 32?cb=20160923170939 " by simply using "seconstruction staff 32?cb=20170514182655 " on "napsack 32?cb=20170518230531 " and "scaled flooring 32?cb=20150612151005 " as long as you have green gem.

for people who don't know how exacly:

Spoiler

you can make 4 napsack for cost of 1 shroom skin. and then you destroy each one of them by seconstruction staff. so you get 4 shroom skin. and you can keep doing that.

but doesn't an item like mushroom lights supposed to be represents of hard work and rarity?

i mean was this mechanic intended to be? or its just a non fixed glitch?

personally don't think its fair. and it need some tweak. which developers usually not doing it with old update related stuff. :/

sry for bad english

2 minutes ago, darkhero said:

i mean was this mechanic intended to be? or its just a non fixed glitch?

Green gems are pretty rare and you need to use 0.24-0.40 green gems for each scales or shroom skin you want to get.

Also: It's pretty easy to farm Scales with Bunnymen, so no need to waste green gems on scales.

i think you can get 20 shroom skin with one seconstruction staff (5 use) for cost of 2 gem. but finding 2 green gem is not as hard as getting 20 shroom skin.considering how many gem you can find in a world, you really don't need to kill Toadstool again at all.

dont forget that dragonfly can drop 1-2 green gem too.

The whole point of fighting Misery Toad is NapSack blueprint for... multiplying Shroom skins. That's it. In all my.. thousands of hours spent in DST pubs, community servers and with friends, never have I saw anyone using NapSack as a weapon - because frankly is cr@p. If NapSack didn't had that gimmick for multiplying Shroom skins, almost no one would bother fighting Misery aside a theoretical 0.00x% "bragging rights" peeps thaaat.. no one really would care aside from other try-hards (fun fact: on all mentioned servers never have I met these try-hards advocating here on forums for harder DST - again I suppose are people playing alone, never "bathing" in pub madness to actually see where bulk of players skill lever is). The NapSack and Scaled Floor multiplication is a smart way of going about said rare resources, more so as on pubs usually 1 player gets the goodie and rest of them/us "schmucks"... curse at the "Moon" in full lunacy for the next 20 days, heh.

This was actually talked about quite a bit when The Napsack rolled around. Everyone sort of realized that the napsack is garbage, and that duping is the main use of it's recipe. At least scaled flooring is actually pretty useful in large farms for me, since I usually carry an ice staff but don't like building flingos everywhere.

13 hours ago, darkhero said:

i think you can get 20 shroom skin with one seconstruction staff (5 use) for cost of 2 gem. but finding 2 green gem is not as hard as getting 20 shroom skin.considering how many gem you can find in a world, you really don't need to kill Toadstool again at all.

dont forget that dragonfly can drop 1-2 green gem too.

That's what you think, but the reality is:

• You can get 5*3/4 = 3.75 Shroom Skin for each whole Deconstruction Staff you use.
    • If you have 6 Green Gems, you can turn them only into
      • 18.75 Shroom Skins with Construction Amulet (3.125 per Green Gem)
      • 11.25 Shroom Skins without Construction Amulet (1.875 per Green Gem)

You need to craft Napsack once to get 4x Napsack, using Deconstruction Staff 4 times will turn all of the 4 Napsacks into Shroom Skin + Sick Canary. You'll get only 3x Shroom Skin from 4 uses because you need 1x Shroom Skin to craft Napsack.

You won't get 20 Shroom Skins per Green Gem just because the recipe grants 4x Napsack. You'll need to use your Deconstruction Staff on each of them. You'll loose Shroom Skins by crafting Napsack.

And perhaps it's better to spend your Green Gems to get Thulecite, you can get a total of 63 Thulecite from 11 Green Gems => 5.73 Thulecite per Green Gem

If the duplication trick was such an issue, they would have patched it loooooong ago. If I remember correctly, this is the exact reason why gems aren't returned upon deconstruction (otherwise you could dupe green gems to preform the trick endlessly). The gems are rare enough that I don't see a problem with it.

im doing always this duplicate trick for my megabase. (120+ scaled chests)

without this trick it would be impossible to make a megabase. this trick requires HOURS AND HOURS of game play. you need to kill dfly more times. clear ruins and kill misery toadstool.

doing this trick takes longer then 99% of all dst players survive in their world.

removing it would would mean no use anymore for green gems. no more chests area with huindreds of scaled chests. btw you still need million of gold and wood for the scaled chests. clearing ruins would be completely useless. i do it only for the green gems and the trinkets to get gold for the scaled chests

2 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

without this trick it would be impossible to make a megabase. this trick requires HOURS AND HOURS of game play. you need to kill dfly more times. clear ruins and kill misery toadstool.

doing this trick takes longer then 99% of all dst players survive in their world.

I am pretty sure casting a special staff and collecting the loot takes maximally few seconds.

I take like 10+ days to farm 120 scales, it just takes preparation and lot of gems.

1 hour ago, BeliarBAD said:

yea cause you just exposed yourself that you have never done this. 

yea cause you just exposed yourself that you are a wigfrid main.

What sort of sentence confirms my post and then the next 5 words attempts to debunk it?

Archived