Sign in to follow this  
titanius

Don't Starve isnt loading

I have a similar problem since 2 days :-/

If I want to play the game, the loading screen stucks at the "common.zip".

And I've tried to solve it by:

- deleting the cache

- deleting all cookies

:-| still a no for me

Same here :-/

But I let it load for a while and than did it say:

"An error has occurred

Error: Manifest update failed, please clear your browser cache and refresh the page."

But thats nothing new and still didn't work -.-

Kevin    991

Are any of you running beta or dev branches of chrome? We've had some issues with them in the past week...

I downloaded the normal google chrome, when I was want to play DS.

And I don't really know, what a "dev branches" is (or just my english knowledge is not good enough :p) but I have "Version 22.0.1229.94 m", so i think:

No, I have no beta or dev branches :)

titanius    10
I downloaded the normal google chrome, when I was want to play DS.

And I don't really know, what a "dev branches" is (or just my english knowledge is not good enough :p) but I have "Version 22.0.1229.94 m", so i think:

No, I have no beta or dev branches :)

Nope, running standard chrome for Windows 7 64bit. Version 22.0.1229.94

NippleKing    14

Same here had the problem and probably still do.Let me go check but yes it also got stuck on common.zip for me.Try using a different computer to get the game then get the key for steam and play that,unless you already did that.

Nope, running standard chrome for Windows 7 64bit. Version 22.0.1229.94

Do you now mean, that I am right or wrong? Or, that you have the same version?

(My english knowledge is ok but I don't really see what you mean? XP I think you say, that you have that version on Windows 7 64bit.)

titanius    10
Do you now mean, that I am right or wrong? Or, that you have the same version?

(My english knowledge is ok but I don't really see what you mean? XP I think you say, that you have that version on Windows 7 64bit.)

You and I are running the same version bro =)

Also tried:

a. Disabling antivirus (Norton 360)

b. Disabling firewall (Norton 360)

Still no luck..

Two of my friends who bought the game cant play now either.

Oh no :/

Seems to get a bigger problem

I didn't played DS since 5 days *sigh*

I "starve" at not playing DS XD

Any progress or findings at this problem, Klei? :(

Edited by Black Werwulf

misfitkat    10

I have had the same issue for over a month. I wonder if there is a decay rate for the key. Seems that you can play for a short time and then poof you cant. Maybe there is a coding error that makes the key only temporary based on time play, days survived or something. I made it past 60 days and had unlocked all available characters before I was jammed up.

titanius    10
I have had the same issue for over a month. I wonder if there is a decay rate for the key. Seems that you can play for a short time and then poof you cant. Maybe there is a coding error that makes the key only temporary based on time play, days survived or something. I made it past 60 days and had unlocked all available characters before I was jammed up.

Nah dont think so, i was only level 3 and had like 3 games of 20 days approx each =/

Come on Klei! this thread's got 200+ views, a lot of us cant play...

Edited by titanius

Kevin    991

There are a lot of threads on the forum and sometimes they get lost in the shuffle.

OK, guys, let's figure this out...

Can you do the following:

Start up the game

Start Chrome's developer console (ctrl + shift + I)

When it gets stuck, copy the last 10 lines of the console and paste them in here.

titanius    10
There are a lot of threads on the forum and sometimes they get lost in the shuffle.

OK, guys, let's figure this out...

Can you do the following:

Start up the game

Start Chrome's developer console (ctrl + shift + I)

When it gets stuck, copy the last 10 lines of the console and paste them in here.

Ok, heres what comes out:

ValidBrowser: true [NACL_ENABLED] util.js:16

Error: INVALID_STATE_ERR code:7 dump:{"code":7} log.js:162

[17:45.43.544210]: NetworkFileSystem: OnURLReceived Header[Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed

Original-Length: 25496473

Cache-Control: max-age=518400, private] util.js:16

[17:45.43.544700]: NetworkFileSystem: OnURLOpened Header[Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed

[17:45.43.544820]: NetworkFileSystem: OnURLOpened tokens[Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed] util.js:16

[17:45.43.544940]: NetworkFileSystem: OnURLOpened tokens[Original-Length: 25496473] util.js:16

[17:45.43.545080]: NetworkFileSystem: OnURLOpened tokens[Cache-Control: max-age=518400, private] util.js:16

[17:45.43.545230]: NetworkFileSystem: OnURLOpened URL=http://dontstarve-release.appspot.com/grab_file/r68469/common.zip?7c311ec4a2a5f99bbee1e10a80520b06, File=grab_file/r68469/common.zip?7c311ec4a2a5f99bbee1e10a80520b06, Size=25496473.[plain]

(Right code? More, less?) :)

Kevin    991

Interesting - it looks like your Chrome localfilesystem might be corrupted. That's ... not good, but people have reported it (a while ago, at least) as a bug that sometimes happens in Chrome:

https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/chromium-html5/132XdO1H9g4

So, erm... how to fix this. Well, one solution (that will unfortunately might nuke your save data) is to delete the filesystem and let chrome make a new one. If you want to try that, you can find the directory via the instructions here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6810265/file-browser-access-to-chromes-sandboxed-filesystems

If someone who is having this problem, and hasn't unlocked much in-game yet wants to try that solution - please post your results here. If you've played quite a lot you might want to hold off for a bit on that one :)

- - - Updated - - -

[17:45.43.544210]: NetworkFileSystem: OnURLReceived Header[Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed

[17:45.43.544700]: NetworkFileSystem: OnURLOpened Header[Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed

[17:45.43.544820]: NetworkFileSystem: OnURLOpened tokens[Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed] util.js:16

[17:45.43.544940]: NetworkFileSystem: OnURLOpened tokens[Original-Length: 25496473] util.js:16

[17:45.43.545080]: NetworkFileSystem: OnURLOpened tokens[Cache-Control: max-age=518400, private] util.js:16

[17:45.43.545230]: NetworkFileSystem: OnURLOpened URL=http://dontstarve-release.appspot.com/grab_file/r68469/common.zip?7c311ec4a2a5f99bbee1e10a80520b06, File=grab_file/r68469/common.zip?7c311ec4a2a5f99bbee1e10a80520b06, Size=25496473.[plain]

(Right code? More, less?) :)

Was that at the bottom? From that it looks like its still downloading...

Was that at the bottom? From that it looks like its still downloading...

That was the buttom XD

My special problem was, that the game stucks at the common.zip

If I wait some minutes, a windows comes up and says:

"An error has occurred

Error: Manifest update failed, please clear your browser cache and refresh the page."

But I still tried to solve it with deleting the cache :-/

I try it now with the instructions from your second link :)

I'll let you know, what happend ;)

Kevin    991

You guys may have different problems. Fun.

I wonder if it's timing out for you. Is your internet connection slow or unreliable at all?

In the meantime... If you want to try steam without having to run chrome, you can go here and enter your key:

https://dontstarve-release.appspot.com/translatekey

So, deleting the complete file system file, nothing happened different -.-

I try to play it with steam now :)

EDIT: OK, works WONDERFUL with steam :D

Liitle question about that:

What is exactly the difference between steam and chrome at DS? Are there some different items that I can make at chrome but not at steam (or something like that)? Or is it exactly the same game?

Edited by Black Werwulf

Kevin    991

They are intended to be the same game. It think they might be a little bit out of synch right now as we bring it online, but they will stay the same after next Tuesday.

titanius    10
You guys may have different problems. Fun.

I wonder if it's timing out for you. Is your internet connection slow or unreliable at all?

In the meantime... If you want to try steam without having to run chrome, you can go here and enter your key:

https://dontstarve-release.appspot.com/translatekey

Ah exactly what I needed, thanks. Hopefully the Steam version is more stable.

Sign in to follow this