Longest World?

3 hours ago, Terra M Welch said:

Fun fact, the highest possible day in the game is day 65536, it will roll over to day 1 again upon the next day arriving.
Cause the day count uses the 16-bit integer limit, Day 1 is value 0 and Day 65536 is value 65535, so when it goes to the next day on day 65536 an integer overflow occurs, causing it to go back to Day 1.

What about negative values?

I tried using console to go back -1 days and the world had some certain issues ( spring puddles creating when it didn't rain etc. )

On 6/13/2019 at 6:49 AM, Terra M Welch said:

Endless worlds are easy.  Host world where you can go to godmode easy.   How long on a public server in survival mode have you or your team lasted?  No one has admin.  

55 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

why is your post my quote?

Most likely he agrees with the ideas you shared in your post and is showing that he agrees with your opinion by reposting it.

It's a common way to like comments in sub forums with no like/dislike systems and as a way to go a step beyond a simple like as well, among other things

Edit: judging by how it seems you never wrote what he quoted, perhaps he quoted you and then wrote a counter to your opinion, but accidentally wrote over your quote and didn't correct it. Considering he left a confused reaction on your original post, I'd say this is what happened 

Some records I know:

Survival with regeneration mechanism:  6k+

Survival without regeneration mechanism (This may seem ridiculous but a server did exist): 20k+. (Server kept running while no one was online)

Endless: 30k+ (No admin, no voting, server stopped running while no one was online).

Some endless servers regenerate around 10k days.

16 minutes ago, cean said:

Some endless servers regenerate around 10k days.

i played in an endless community server before and the longest is 1.5k - 2k+ days, it didn't last really long since there's already lag problems (possibly due to mods as a modded server and the server being paid to be hosted), sadly it's not around anymore as the server host was no longer interested in continuing it with the constant lag

9 hours ago, Brago-sama said:

Edit: judging by how it seems you never wrote what he quoted, perhaps he quoted you and then wrote a counter to your opinion, but accidentally wrote over your quote and didn't correct it. Considering he left a confused reaction on your original post, I'd say this is what happened 

I was gonna say, I don't remember ever posting that bit of text.

Archived