Tam o’Shanter !!

That's because it's not his hat, it's his animation of dying...

I don't think you get the hat every time you kill him.

I could be wrong though.

ohh , well ... I really wanted his hat though I hope I can get it

Thats cause he really didnt drop the hat that time when he drops it for couple seconds you will see 2 hats on the floor and then you can pick up the Tam o'Shanter I love the hat it seems like it makes sanity go up way faster then a top hat though some one will have to look at the code to be sure. Anyways just keep hunting the hunters and he will drop it soon enough(i got it i think on my 5th or 6th time killing them but I was lucky and had 2 igloos very close together but they seem to re spawn after every night)

Thats cause he really didnt drop the hat that time when he drops it for couple seconds you will see 2 hats on the floor and then you can pick up the Tam o'Shanter I love the hat it seems like it makes sanity go up way faster then a top hat though some one will have to look at the code to be sure. Anyways just keep hunting the hunters and he will drop it soon enough(i got it i think on my 5th or 6th time killing them but I was lucky and had 2 igloos very close together but they seem to re spawn after every night)

Oh Okay :) thanks alooot :D :D :D

With the sanity rate going up 6.6 a minute and the warmth of a winter hat, this hat is one of the best in game <3

According to the code, the Tam o' Shanter SHOULD be twice as effective as the tophat. It has the same heating power as the winter hat.

While we are on the hats subject. Beefalo hat is best hat for winter, its warmer than winter hat but don't restore sanity. Sanity drop trough the night can be nullified by wearing amulet/breezy vest/that winter vest and winter hat or Tam o' Shanter.Top hat is useless again so is dapper vest.

Top hat is useless again so is dapper vest.

I beg to differ, Top Hat is just as good as Winter Hat when it comes to sanity.

Dapper vest combined with one of those hats helps player gain sanity, instead of just nullifying the drop.

No hat alone is useful, do not be quick to Judge.

Top Hat + Breezy Vest = Nullify Sanity Drop

Posted Image

Top Hat + Dapper Vest=Gain Sanity (Evan at Night)

Posted Image

Winter hat + amulet does the same thing. Winter hat + Breezy Vest does the same thing. Winter hat uses less silk, and you wont freeze to death so fast during winter, no point crafting top hat when winter hat does the same thing.

Tam o'Shanter is a random drop from MacTusk, you don't get it every single time. I had to kill I believe around 6-8 MacTusk (what would the plural of that be?) before I got one.It does add dapperness and warmth.

Winter hat + amulet does the same thing. Winter hat + Breezy Vest does the same thing. Winter hat uses less silk, and you wont freeze to death so fast during winter, no point crafting top hat when winter hat does the same thing.

Winter hat doesn't do AS much sanity. I do agree that the numbers could use a tweak though.

According to the code, the Tam o' Shanter SHOULD be twice as effective as the tophat. It has the same heating power as the winter hat.

This info is gold. I could see what it does for sanity by the size of the up arrow, now I can leave winter hat behind. Thanks.