[Game Update] - 342138

• Developer
  • Fixed players occasionally falling into the ocean while walking on land
  • Telelocator Staff no longer randomly targets the small islands off the coast of the Luna Island
  • Players no longer drown while out of bounds (in the void). This is for mod support.
  • Suspicious Marbles will now only spawn on the mainland (new worlds only)
  • Fixed a crash on shutdown
  • Abigail's flower should no longer randomly get wet or float on the ground
  • Improved shadow hand behaviour for fires on moving boats
  • Fixed rendering of Enlightenment fx on old video cards.
  • Rendering optimizations
  • Updated world generation animation
  • Added strings for Wormood inspecting the Mothling
  • Fixed inventory icon for Bull Kelp Stalk

View full update

• Like 23
  • Thanks 12

57 minutes ago, engiSonic said:

Two extra parts.

Hide contents

KpLbDC5.png

Hm, that looks interesting...

Spoiler

It seems that the lunar island will have some meteors falling too? (Sounds logical since there are moon rock boulders too)

I wonder if there will be this new kind of meteor, with the fiery trail?

• Like 2

• Developer
21 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

So is "Luna Island" the official name of the island? Does that mean the oceans around it are call the Luna Sea?

Oh no! I just put that in there for the patch notes. I'll try to clarify the official name tomorrow.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

@ScottHansen Might want to check what's up with this:

[06:09:25]: Stale Component Reference: GUID 209490, scripts/prefabs/shadowhand.lua:124
[06:09:25]: [string "scripts/util.lua"]:526: Something is wrong: v1 is nil stale component reference?
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
=[C]:-1 in (global) assert (C) <-1--1>
scripts/util.lua:526 in (global) distsq (Lua) <522-540>
   v1 = nil
   v2 = nil
   v3 = 472.71853637695
   v4 = 335.07043457031
scripts/prefabs/shadowhand.lua:126 in (field) fn (Lua) <119-130>
   inst = 214796 - shadowhand (valid:true)
   fire_x = nil
   fire_y = nil
   fire_z = nil
   origin = (472.72, 0.00, 335.07)
scripts/scheduler.lua:177 in (method) OnTick (Lua) <155-207>
   self =
      running = table: 0xa081ab0
      waitingfortick = table: 0xa081ae0
      tasks = table: 0xa081a60
      waking = table: 0x266ec310
      attime = table: 0xcaccfd0
      hibernating = table: 0xcaccfa0
   tick = 512873
   k = PERIODIC 214796: 0.500000
   v = true
   already_dead = nil
scripts/scheduler.lua:371 in (global) RunScheduler (Lua) <369-377>
   tick = 512873
scripts/update.lua:180 in () ? (Lua) <159-238>
   dt = 0.033333335071802
   tick = 512873
   i = 512873
[06:09:25]: [string "scripts/util.lua"]:526: Something is wrong: v1 is nil stale component reference?
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
    =[C]:-1 in (global) assert (C) <-1--1>
    scripts/util.lua:526 in (global) distsq (Lua) <522-540>
    scripts/prefabs/shadowhand.lua:126 in (field) fn (Lua) <119-130>
    scripts/scheduler.lua:177 in (method) OnTick (Lua) <155-207>
    scripts/scheduler.lua:371 in (global) RunScheduler (Lua) <369-377>
    scripts/update.lua:180 in () ? (Lua) <159-238>

[06:09:25]: Warning: Widget:SetFocusFromChild is happening on a widget outside of the screen/widget hierachy. This will cause focus moves to fail. Is     ScriptErrorWidget    not a screen?    
[06:09:25]: stack traceback:
    scripts/widgets/widget.lua:602 in (method) SetFocusFromChild (Lua) <599-624>
    scripts/widgets/widget.lua:621 in (method) SetFocusFromChild (Lua) <599-624>
    scripts/widgets/widget.lua:621 in (method) SetFocusFromChild (Lua) <599-624>
    scripts/widgets/widget.lua:649 in (method) SetFocus (Lua) <626-658>
    scripts/widgets/menu.lua:83 in (method) SetFocus (Lua) <74-85>
    scripts/widgets/scripterrorwidget.lua:109 in (method) OnUpdate (Lua) <102-119>
    scripts/update.lua:90 in () ? (Lua) <33-129>    
[06:09:25]: Stale Component Reference: GUID 209490, scripts/prefabs/shadowhand.lua:124
[06:09:26]: Stale Component Reference: GUID 209490, scripts/prefabs/shadowhand.lua:124

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, cezarica said:

ScottHanson Might want to check what's up with this:

-snip: big error log-

So, I’m not a dev, but I can see a few things from this.

The crash came from a Shadow Hand trying to lock on to a light source. It tried to get the coordinates of the fire and, in response got the computer equivalent of “I don’t know”. Then, it tried to lock on to the coordinations (I don’t know, I don’t know) and the game didn’t know how to handle those coordinates and chose death to crash.

So, my questions would be:

Was there a fire nearby?

Did it burn out?

Were you on the island? (It’s got lots of light sources, one of them could be accidentally flagged as something hands can extinguish)

A friend of mine that was playing at the moment it crashed told me that it was night and he was shaving beefalos. Next time will see him online will ask him if he had a campfire nearby or had another source of light if that helps.

Edit: Sorry for the lack of details, I opened a ticket here and forgot to include the little details that I had at the moment in here as well, thinking that posting the error would suffice.

Edited by cezarica

12 hours ago, crystal_clodet said:

do you get those 2 at random? or is there a new lunar island tab for enabling its generation or something

It generates as part of the overworld. The animation only plays when caves are not enabled, due to the way the game handles cave servers; It creates a dedicated server, which you then connect to as a client. In contrast, an overworld-only server runs in the exact same process, and thus shows the animation during worldgen like singleplayer. 

Basically, in a non-caves server, after the "day" and "night" phases of the worldgen "planet", there's the pebble beach, followed by the moon.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, engiSonic said:

It generates as part of the overworld. The animation only plays when caves are not enabled, due to the way the game handles cave servers; It creates a dedicated server, which you then connect to as a client. In contrast, an overworld-only server runs in the exact same process, and thus shows the animation during worldgen like singleplayer. 

Basically, in a non-caves server, after the "day" and "night" phases of the worldgen "planet", there's the pebble beach, followed by the moon.

You can also get the animation in a DST world with caves, if the host regenerates the world mid-game.

On 2019-06-10 at 11:35 PM, ScottHansen said:
  • Fixed players occasionally falling into the ocean while walking on land

I just drowned the instant I tried jumping from land to a stationary boat. Is this bug a different thing that was fixed or was it not fixed after all?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Omaremad74 said:

Sooo, wheres the offical name? Haha.

He was stabbed by Jan Wick for attempting to disseminate unauthorized lore, and is currently recovering in a heavily guarded hospital room. 

sippiguess.png.e7802bda5d2363df36518012bf582edb.png

Edited by watermelen671
English is a stupid language and quite frankly I'm ashamed to be using it
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 2

The fix to that bug where you drown in the water is just spawning you near to where you fell in, but with reduced max hp, reduced hunger and sanity. Not the best, but it's certainly better than dying.

Also, the bug is fairly easy to trigger if you like hopping on a boat and onto land many times in quick succession.

Edited by Voidbarker