Griftlands Reboot, Alpha and Roadmap

1 hour ago, Lepeightl said:

Stuff, probably things

Buddy, lemme just tell you right now that quoting Polygon of all places isn't going to earn you credibility points. Same goes for quoting some random German site on the revenue split that literally everyone knows about and has known about for ages now.

Epic has been dropping the ball on a lot of things lately, most notably of late their first store sale, with quite the manure-storm soon to come from all the E3 stuff that is happening/happened.

I agree the response to this particular one is a bit overblown, but let's be real here, Epic is not the good guy right now, and at the snail's pace they're working, probably won't be for a very, VERY long time (if ever).

• Developer
1 minute ago, Ogrecakes said:

And?

Just to make sure you didn't get misinformed, or anyone else while reading the post. It's easy to think the whole game will be exclusive with the way you worded your comment, so I quoted to make sure you knew that wouldn't be the case, and for future readers to understand the same.

2 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Just to make sure you didn't get misinformed, or anyone else while reading the post. It's easy to think the whole game will be exclusive with the way you worded your comment, so I quoted to make sure you knew that wouldn't be the case, and for future readers to understand the same.

The ability to test the game and give feedback is now getting ransomed out to Epic.

• Developer
Just now, Ogrecakes said:

The ability to test the game and give feedback is now getting ransomed out to Epic.

People will still be allowed to test and give feedback during Early Access, which will still need it. The game won't be done once it's released on Steam, the development will continue.

Ok Klei, i have all your games in steam, i waiting 2 years for your new game and now...you say "We have partnered with Epic to bring the Alpha of Griftlands to the Epic Game Store exclusively for one year". Sorry guys, but this is really ****ness choice and i don't buy this game in Epic. See you next year in the steam. =)

8 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Spyware where they track your steam feed. That's the rumor so far.

Well google/ facebook and many others almost certainly track and sell your data too. It's pretty much inevitable in this day and age.

53 minutes ago, Daxterr said:

Well google/ facebook and many others almost certainly track and sell your data too. It's pretty much inevitable in this day and age.

Attempting to hold a monopoly on online game publishing by paying out huge wallops of cash as well as a higher cut of profits to game developers in return for exclusivity on their platform.

Spyware rumors, the platform is outdated, lots of mystery on data being transferred to weird places, a poor refund system, many other issues I'm sure exist, but these are some of the major ones.

Just really negative business practices for consumers.

Also ugh, game was turned from a RPG story sim to another card game. Ever since slay the spire came out and did so well everyone is just ripping the formula.

2 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

People will still be allowed to test and give feedback during Early Access, which will still need it. The game won't be done once it's released on Steam, the development will continue.

Tbh im a bit worried that the EA on Steam is gonna be only on paper. Is EA on Steam gonna be for real development and deep change feedback? Or just appeasement for Epic 1_year exclusive Alpha status? 

7 hours ago, Neojenlce said:

Hey, Klei, let me by you 102 magmatic bundles, and you'll remove Griftlands from EGS

salvation.thumb.jpg.5a9d8146b676547bcb0e70c41d479ee2.jpg

I already bought one :wilson_flower:

2 hours ago, Daxterr said:

Well they don't possibly ship it like everywhere possible ( mostly tencent ) and speaking of tencent, have you heard of tencent working with the china's goverment to implement the notorious credit system?

7 hours ago, Lepeightl said:

But it took the better part of a decade for enough people to start noticing that Steam's refund policy wasn't so much a “policy” as the words “eat **** and die”

this line makes me confused.

10 hours ago, 1v0 said:

1.I don't like epic and I won't support it!

2.Card games are not for me... (as said before)I expected something like DD but with more maps more freedom and dialog.

After saying this - I mIght try the game on steam if it has a free weekend or something but this is a pass for me. Thou I still hope ppl enjoy it (preferably on steam)

exactly my thoughts

10 hours ago, ADM said:

I don't want to be prickly, but I'll truly have to wait an entire year for a game that sounds very exciting, the trailer is stunning, but yeah

Griftlands.jpg.e6622104d7afbab71b849df763d5a2f7.jpg

is this klei big logo in left and tiny one in right? requesting research is there micro ones in top corners  xD

8 hours ago, Lepeightl said:

That's 18% more money that can actually be reinvested into the game. Competition is definitely not bad for the market.

Its 18% more money only if epic sells=steam sells (which is as u can see here not even close) so its more look like lose of 18% money, hope exclusiveness contract cover those. gl klei, but no epic for me

Ohh.. bit epic doesn't have native support for Linux :( I guess I'll have to wait a while before I can play the game.. 

I'm not against epic store. I think that there should be some competition in order to have Innovation, but I find the lack of native Linux support a bad decision. With the new graphic libraries that are multiplatform developers can really make the games to be universal. Also, klei has native Linux support for all of their games, does this mean that this one will not be such ?

P.S. same goes for GoG btw. I meant I like their distribution model, I like that the company is player oriented, but the Galaxy 2.0 still doesn't have Linux support.. it has Mac tho.. I feel like they could have gone an extra mile here.. at least steam and valve are trying to include all users, regarding their operating system. I know that Linux has a pretty small share compared to windows gaming, but it's because of the lack of choice.. I know a lot of people that doesn't like windows, but are forced to use it because they're gamers.. 

i would've bought it if it wasn't on epic and on steam :
1.i live in a sanctioned country and epic literally denies me from entering the launcher without a VPN

image.thumb.png.84b45032af283466c21e2ebd922cca80.png
(is it me or is that gray text hard to read? cause i can barely make it out)

2.as far i'm aware epic games doesn't have gift cards to purchase (sanctioned so all the banks allow transactions and stuff on a national level, epicgames doesnt support my currency either)

but atleast you some good $$$ from epic (probably) so you can implement more stuff (maybe) and a wider budget and also refining the game (hopefully)

cant wait to play (next year that is):wilson_wink:

Archived