Help with moving stuff via conveyers

I'm trying to learn how this shipping automation works.

I've dug out a lot of stuff at the bottom of an oil pool. I want to move that topside without the dupes having to carry it manually.

So I built a conveyer belt, put a conveyer loader near the source with an auto-sweeper within range. I set the loader to "all". I have a conveyer chute at the other end, intended to drop whatever is loaded fromon the ground. But the loader (and sweeper) doesn't work. The loader informs me that I need a conveyer receptable.

I thought the chute was the receptable. If it's not, then how does a chute work?

15 minutes ago, Furio said:

Not sure why plumbing is important. But this is how it looks (don't mind the missing power. It's just a temporary crisis. We'll work it out)

You don't have the conveyor rails attached to the loader. The icon to the left of the no power icon shows this. 

(I mentioned plumbing because ONI uses the exact same mechanics for conveyors as liquid and gas plumbing. Something moves from green outputs to white inputs along a pipe/rail. ) 

5 hours ago, Cypher-7 said:

Is there a chance you didn’t complete the rail all the way? Hard to tell from the screen shot.

I double checked this and found out that it wasn't. I hadn't noticed the overlay for the transportation. There was a rail piece missing. I did initially connect it, but had to move the loader one tile to the left, so the sweeper could reach it. Apparently I forgot to extend the rail to the left.

After extending it, the chute works fine.

Thanks for the help.

10 minutes ago, Furio said:

I hadn't noticed the overlay for the transportation.

Sadly the shipping overlay does not show the rails under the loader so you have to depend on the icon to tell if one is hooked up to the rail system. 

Archived