You biggest annoyances?

On 08/06/2019 at 8:17 PM, Xuhybrid said:

Deodorizers leave a tiny packet of polluted oxygen inside so when you deconstruct them, it releases po2.

Duplicants take the jobs from sweeper arms, even with proximity enabled.

At least this can be solved locking the room... :) i just noticed that also and did what i said.

I always vote for end game lag on this subject.

12 minutes ago, Blazing Falken said:

Using the mouse wheel to scroll through a list, I.e. materials, and if your cursor isn't on an icon it will zoom the screen in and out. Very annoying. (As in the space between them)

Yeah it's been this way as long as I've played.  Really annoying when trying to pick materials for temp shift plates.

On 6/15/2019 at 6:22 PM, Gurgel said:

I have another one: The auto-switching of materials. I just had to, again!, rip out tons of wiring done by accident in steel.

this one is actually useful sometimes though

On 7/8/2019 at 10:20 AM, OxCD said:

Up to this one. Don't know if someone menitonned it earlier.

When I begin a new map, as an example, you used to build a storage near your coal generator. You check coal into the storage list. Because coal is the only consumable ore discoverd at this moment, it checked Consumable Ore also.

Then few cycle after, you discover bleachstone. And, because consumable ore is still checked, dups are moving bleach stone into the storage of your gen room. Even if you're looking closely, you'll end up with one, or more, damn annoying chlorine pocket.

It works as well with algae. You check algae, and after some more exploration, you ended up with slime just next to your algae distiller, in the center of your base (as for each new game).

Please change this... If we check Coal and not Consumable Ore, which is adressing the whole sub-category, do not auto-check new element that also enter into the same sub-category...

This happens with bottle emptiers and polluted water dumping into your water, too.

I don't see this being changed because it saves the tedium of having to go check a new mineral, metal, etc every time you find a new one.

2 minutes ago, thejohn1567 said:

Not to me. So far it has been an annoyance only. I would be perfectly fine with a switch in the UI that allowed to select between current behavior and "off" though.

24 minutes ago, thejohn1567 said:

This happens with bottle emptiers and polluted water dumping into your water, too.

I don't see this being changed because it saves the tedium of having to go check a new mineral, metal, etc every time you find a new one.

Without comparison, I highly prefer a new element to be let on the floor until I've decided where to store it, than to see it stored somewhere I really don't want to be.

When the "Starvation" alert flashes up for half a second because a dupe decided to pee before they ate.  It took me FOREVER to figure out what was happening to cause an alert I kept hearing, but was never fast enough to pause and see.

Archived