Ideas for wigfrids rework?

Someone mentioned buffing Wigfrid's spear. My issue with that is barely used weapons will be used even less than they already are. Maybe instead, use Wigfrid's spear as a craft ingredient for a possible special weapon craftable.

To the riding no eyed deer suggestion, maybe even have the other deer follow her while she's riding one? And I'd be up for just giving her the ability itself to hang multiple meat on a drying rack.

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Imo nerfing a character to make another character stronger is simply a very bad concept and I'm pretty sure the devs are not into that either. 

Not all character are supposed to do and be the same. 

Btw, this thread is somehow discussing beefalo domestication and wig vs Wolfy?

Can you guys stay on topic? 

Wig vs Wolf will continue to be discussed because that's part of the issue with refreshing a character that's already in a good spot. I agree about not wanting to nerf a character to make another stronger. But Wolf's negatives should be real negatives. His sanity drain is more of a positive for most players.

5 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

She should also be immune to stunlock. Like not having a hurt animation at all. Would fit her "die fighting" personality. Forgot to mention that earlier.

Means I might actually escape player placed tentacles.... *o*

4 hours ago, eternalLocket said:

Wig vs Wolf will continue to be discussed because that's part of the issue with refreshing a character that's already in a good spot. I agree about not wanting to nerf a character to make another stronger. But Wolf's negatives should be real negatives. His sanity drain is more of a positive for most players.

I think you are wrong here. Dragging Wolfgang to a Wigfrid discussion is simply distracting from the real issues and ideas about Wigfrid. 

I think the question about her rework shouldn't be "how stronger can we make her compared to Wolfgang? " BUT how can we make the Wigfrid experience unique and standing on her own from any other character. 

19 hours ago, Rhobious_Aran said:

The Helm and Spear itself are so neglectable later in the game, football helmets and dark swords are so cheap, its not really worth wasting rocks on these later anymore.

her spear isnt so good. its only for situations where you dont have any other weapon. but thats also in late games. being able always to craft a decent weapon is amazing.

her helmets are the best armor in the game. dont ignore the 2x duration. that means in boss fights like toadstool and fuelweaver you have more space for other items you need.

crowns for example you cant craft. if you run out in a boss fight your screwed.and you have to go over and over again to ancient station to craft new ones i only use her helmets for EVRY boss fight.

actually i use for evry boss fight only helmets and hambat. dark swords only for toadstool caue he spoils the hambat

9 hours ago, Terra_Zina said:

She should also be immune to stunlock. Like not having a hurt animation at all. Would fit her "die fighting" personality. Forgot to mention that earlier.

that would make her immortal xxxD dont forget all people who hate vs wig are noobs with her. i kill 5 Goose and her kids in a row with 1 spear and 1 helmet with wig. only thing which makes me any damage is the stunlock.

i dont say i dont like your idea. would be great :)

20 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

What if a treeguard doesn't spawn?

Maxwell day 1 meta.

Didn't you say you use wigfrid and her helms?

what even is this.

treeguards spawn also on day 1.

yea me as wig can tank 5 hits from a treeguard without helmet. i meant maxwell will need to go to base after 1 hit

11 hours ago, Namelessgamer said:

Why not nerf wolfgang then? if she is outshadowed by him because he is op then nerfing him will give her a chance to compete with him

because shes in no way overshadowed by wolfgang. saying that is ridiculous. play her 100h and you will see what a beast she is. and if you do so then just kill evrything. never avoid any fight. evrythig alive which comes in your way need to be dead

9 hours ago, eternalLocket said:

only noob players like edgy rick think being insane is good. being insane is dumb. if you need nightmare be insane. but when yoiu have enouigh collected (i dunno but i collect with wig on 1-2 days so much NM that i never need to go again insane again) then its the dumbest thing in the world to be insane all the time. play 6h in a row as insane wolfgang... have fun

21 hours ago, spideswine said:

Hm, I'd have to test that at a certain point...maybe?

Is there a rule about how long to wait/how domesticated the beefalo needs to be?

I know it works at 100% but not before it.

I created one by repeatedly running into the ocean barrier while mounted on a beef...

My thoughts on some of the discussion:

Someone said Wigfrid is "literally Worsegang". That made me laugh so hard.

I like the idea someone had of Wigfrid being able to parry attacks (can you imagine parrying an incoming mactusk blow dart by timing the "parry" button?). 

I also like the idea of Wigfrid being immune to stun-lock. However, there is the issue of mobs like the Moslings who spin-attack that was mentioned.

Maybe add immunity to stun-lock and take away her damage reduction? That would balance her tanking ability as she'd take more damage compared to her heals.

On 6/9/2019 at 9:22 PM, FreyaMaluk said:

I think you are wrong here. Dragging Wolfgang to a Wigfrid discussion is simply distracting from the real issues and ideas about Wigfrid. 

I think the question about her rework shouldn't be "how stronger can we make her compared to Wolfgang? " BUT how can we make the Wigfrid experience unique and standing on her own from any other character. 

The question is ideas for a Wigfrid rework. But it's pretty clear that to some Wigfrid would be better if she was just as strong as Wolfgang. Because to them, that is their issue with her as a character. That she's "weak." So he'll continue to be brought up, because they occupy the same niche. They're both fighters.

She's already unique as is. She's the only character that gains sanity and health from fighting. She's the only character that can make her own fighting gear. Personally, I think she's fine as is. But if every character is going to get a change, then I'd hope for some of the suggestions made in this thread. With a battlecry, special weapons/moves, hp regen buff, and parry being high on my list of wants for Wigfrid.

On 6/10/2019 at 2:49 AM, BeliarBAD said:

only noob players like edgy rick think being insane is good. being insane is dumb. if you need nightmare be insane. but when yoiu have enouigh collected (i dunno but i collect with wig on 1-2 days so much NM that i never need to go again insane again) then its the dumbest thing in the world to be insane all the time. play 6h in a row as insane wolfgang... have fun

I think that depends on how long you intend to have your world survive. If you're only playing until a server resets due to everyone dying. Then yea, being insane is more of a negative. If you're trying to survive past 1 in-game year, then you'll continue to need nightmare. And playing a character who can go insane faster would be a positive. It would also depend on how many people are using the nightmare fuel.

9 hours ago, GregoryAndTheHawk said:

My thoughts on some of the discussion:

Someone said Wigfrid is "literally Worsegang". That made me laugh so hard.

I like the idea someone had of Wigfrid being able to parry attacks (can you imagine parrying an incoming mactusk blow dart by timing the "parry" button?). 

I also like the idea of Wigfrid being immune to stun-lock. However, there is the issue of mobs like the Moslings who spin-attack that was mentioned.

Maybe add immunity to stun-lock and take away her damage reduction? That would balance her tanking ability as she'd take more damage compared to her heals.

I'm not in favor of losing the damage reduction. Maybe instead of full on immunity, slowed movement. So that way she can still react, eventually. But she'll also still be in the same, if not slightly less, danger as any other player in the same situation.

I think I missed the comment about the ability to parry. If it was added, I wonder if they'd link it to the right click button. The ability to parry would be nice though.

6 hours ago, eternalLocket said:

The question is ideas for a Wigfrid rework. But it's pretty clear that to some Wigfrid would be better if she was just as strong as Wolfgang. Because to them, that is their issue with her as a character. That she's "weak." So he'll continue to be brought up, because they occupy the same niche. They're both fighters.

She's already unique as is. She's the only character that gains sanity and health from fighting. She's the only character that can make her own fighting gear. Personally, I think she's fine as is. But if every character is going to get a change, then I'd hope for some of the suggestions made in this thread. With a battlecry, special weapons/moves, hp regen buff, and parry being high on my list of wants for Wigfrid.

Tbh I don't think most people think that Wigfrid should be exactly as strong as Wolfgang and imo this is not an issue at all. She is simply different. And who thinks she is weak somehow then they need to reevaluate what weak means. Just because they are both fighters doesn't mean they have to do exactly the same. She is pretty much the classic tank and he is more like a barbarian. So let's not confuse their roles cuz they DON'T have the same roles just because they can fight. 

I agree that a battle cry might be a cool suggestion: those are exactly some of the things that's don't relate to Wolfgang and make her unique, same goes for special moves, parry. 

A totally disagree with a hp Regen buff.. That would make her unbalanced. She doesn't need to be OP. Just some abilities that suit her. To be strong in her own unique way... Away from useless Wolfgang comparisons

2 hours ago, eternalLocket said:

@FreyaMaluk Wigfrid's current hp regen is useless when she's not fighting something like spiders. A buff to it would not make her op, unless it was raised by an extreme amount.

That's not true. Her health regen applies in dst not by kill but by hit.

"The following formula is how many Health and Sanity she gains per hit: Mob's damage*0.25*Weapon's original damage or the character's fist's original damage" 

ok i have tested wolfgang a bit in dst and i have to say EVRYONE who thinks wolfgang is any good is a big NOOB.

hes so bad compared to wig. for example we were in ruins and there were like 3 fields and in evry field 3-5 clocks. with wig i just kill them without problem. as wolfgang its impossible. he dies and he dont have enough armor and he dont have enough weapons. its a pain with him.

and its impossible to stay often mighty. its such a waste of time feeding him evry few secs.

GG guys... wolfgang is bad as hell. you continue arguing for him you expose yourself as very bad dst player.

have a nice day

I see that @BeliarBAD is a fanboy of Wigfrid and will always say that she is the best character, also better than Wolfgang. The truth is, Wigfrid is balanced character when Wolfgang is overpowered character. I know you love Wigfrid, but let's be honest: Wolfang is stronger. What does it mean? It means that Wolfgang needs a nerf.
Wigfrid is well made character that does not need any changes (at least not in the nearest future). The character that needs rework/nerf is Wolfgang (and rest of the S Tier Trio). Leave Wigfrid as she is and take care of characters that really need changes. Why do you want to rework character just for the sake of reworking them?

21 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

take care of characters that really need changes. Why do you want to rework character just for the sake of reworking them?

most are kinda scared that Wolfgang will have a post nerf Warly complex so they want less nerfs to him and more just buffing  Wigfrid the one comparable to compensate

3 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

most are kinda scared that Wolfgang will have a post nerf Warly complex so they want less nerfs to him and more just buffing  Wigfrid the one comparable to compensate

Don't Starve Together: I am challenging game!

Players: We want stronger characters!

Don't Starve Together:
image.png.09666ae64e75d56dd62fabee428ec6eb.png

8 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

Don't Starve Together: I am challenging game!

Players: We want stronger characters!

Don't Starve Together:
image.png.09666ae64e75d56dd62fabee428ec6eb.png

I just know if Wolfgang gets nerfed to severely to a point were he has a actual comparison to Wigfrid all of Edgy rick mourning goth army will spam the threads about it till they are lifted I'm afraid

49 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

I just know if Wolfgang gets nerfed to severely to a point were he has a actual comparison to Wigfrid all of Edgy rick mourning goth army will spam the threads about it till they are lifted I'm afraid

I think that Edgy Rick's army will approve the nerf since he said that game has unbalanced characters.

2 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

If by quality u mean toxic then sure 

He changed his behaviour before he left, just watch his newest videos - he was giving advices to newbies instead of complaining that they can not fight shadow monsters.

Archived