Sign in to follow this  
LadyD

A really open chest

LadyD    3,223

When I open a chest it doesnt close when I walk away anymore. It just stays open. I can be halfway across the world and that chest is just hanging open there....

Its awkward.

Also the darkness at night is now REALLY REALLY dark. Who turned down my fireflies :(

XD

Kevin    872
When I open a chest it doesnt close when I walk away anymore. It just stays open. I can be halfway across the world and that chest is just hanging open there....

Noted. Something went screwy with it on the latest update.

Also the darkness at night is now REALLY REALLY dark. Who turned down my fireflies :(

XD

That would be Ju-lian. Can you post a screenshot?

LadyD    3,223

Coming.

Just have to play through to night again.

PS- Awkward. Its only SOME chests that are doing it. Others close....

PSS- once activated the animations for the science machines DOESN'T stop.

JgVsD.png

7ZUXl.png

Cglv9.png

Edited by LadyD

LadyD    3,223

There we are.

Day, noon, night. With my farms etc for scale.

Kevin    872

Wait - what did night usually look like for you guys? That looks normal to me - were you able to see the ground without a lightsource before?!

cptCalavera    616

The transition between light and dark where longer. Like a faint extra circle of light around every lightsource where you could barely see the ground.

Spoonfairy    10

I got this bug just some mins ago, I could allso use the chest whereever I went, witch was ok, but the window was in the middle of everything so pretty enjoying, had to wait for a day so I chould restart :(

Visionary    10

I've gotten the chest bug as well, it's ridiculous (though not without it's uses =P)

Also, sorry to be off-topic, but, personally, I think the new complete darkness is perfectly fine... Makes the grue attack all the more justified :3

(And yeah, I was able to see the ground in the dead of night without a lightsource in the Chrome version, Kevin)

cptCalavera    616

Also because the border between light and dark is so sharp instead of gradual. You can walk very far into the pitch black without the darkness killing you. Probably the same distance from a light source as before. But somehow it felt more natural then.

LadyD    3,223

I dont like this new darkness

Its too sharp a gradient and I cant do anything at night. I had my camp arranged so that at night I could refine. Harvest a few things and what not.

Shadoweangel    12

Aesthetically speaking it makes the fire appear slightly artificial. Gameplay wise it makes the night sooooo boring. I've taken to equipping a logsuit, grabbing my spear and running out into the darkness as far as I can before making a mad dash back for the border of the light. Strangely, the coronal effect of the light extends out to its original distance, meaning you're safe from the Grues even when you're standing in the absolute darkness near your fire.

Sign in to follow this