[Game Update] - 341693

I do kinda get the whole marble thing going on boats cuz u can cheat the shadow marble boss, but u can just amke them float above water, but my main problem is not able to rideĀ beefalo onto boats, like why? there no reason for it, all you did was restrict thier movement.

Edited by Nickolai
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

now that I think of it the reason they removed beefalo on boats is (probably) because you could possibly have used that to bypass the restrictions on the set pieces to kill the shadow bosses

I believe it is because getting shaked off beefalo while ship is sinking would let you walk on the water.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

This would be a bug. I've added it to my list.

Cool!

Also, if the intention for no more boat hopping with statues was to patch boat knight farms, players can still place statues on a boat via a Potter's wheel and still do the cheese, so yea.

20190607181152_1.thumb.jpg.f926cca4e1d9058f66aace7362c0b3ec.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

Cool!

Also, if the intention for no more boat hopping with statues was to patch boat knight farms, players can still place statues on a boat via a Potter's wheel and still do the cheese, so yea.

inb4 next patch:

• Statues on boats cause them to immediately capsize under the weight
Edited by Zeklo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 2

41 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

Cool!

Basically you just made whole change pointless and just anti-helpful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am making a bug report about this, but this update contains an additional danger for mounted beefalo. Riding too close to bodies of water can cause the beefalo and its rider to drown on land,Ā even if there are no boats nearby (landlocked water seems to do this more frequently than coastlines). I lost a fully domesticated Ornery on a dedicated server to this bug, and a friend on the same server lost a partially-domesticated one.

• Developer
6 minutes ago, Swanky Psammead said:

... too close to bodies of water can cause the beefalo and its rider to drown on land...

If you are falling in the water while walking on land, please submit a bug report with logs and save files if possible. I've only see this once in the office and cannot seem to repro it.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ScottHansen said:

If you are falling in the water while walking on land, please submit a bug report with logs and save files if possible. I've only see this once in the office and cannot seem to repro it.

Have done so here. Working on logs/save files.

Ā 

Edited by Swanky Psammead
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lakhnish said:

Cool!

Wait. Thatā€™s illegal

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Mooagain said:

Why was the heavy item carrying removed? If It really was to stop the shadow piece farms, wouldn't it have been easier to make the shadows swim/fly over water?

Essentially, yea (if they could cross map boundaries similar to Nightmare Creatures). It would also instantly patch all the gunpowder/boat cheese methods OOB methods for Shadow Piece farming since they rely on the fact that the Shadow Knight Pieces can't cross world boundaries.

If they could cross boundaries, no oneĀ would want to spawn 50+ Knights cause they would actually be able to chase and kill you.

Reverting it back to where beefalos and statues could be moved between boats while the Shadow Pieces could cross boundaries would be a step in the right direction imo.

Edited by lakhnish
reverting it ...
  • Like 3

Has anyone else noticed that the dragonfly and beequeen can now fly over the water? This kind of solved a few cheese methods of defeating those bosses. Notably Winona catapults on boats. You also can't get dragonfly trapped outside on the water using moleworm/telestaff because he can just fly over the water and land freely now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Players can no longer board boats while mounted or heavy lifting

Me and the others seem to dislike this one.
The rest are fine, however.

This makes sense halfway, I understand the heavy lifting thing, but the Beefalo is... eh.
There was a patch to add it in, why remove it next update?Ā 
Everyone seemed to like it!Ā 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Bird Up said:

Has anyone else noticed that the dragonfly and beequeen can now fly over the water? This kind of solved a few cheese methods of defeating those bosses. Notably Winona catapults on boats. You also can't get dragonfly trapped outside on the water using moleworm/telestaff because he can just fly over the water and land freely now.

Legit apply this to more bosses if them being cheesed via boat is a problem. Sounds like it is if Beefalo riding is being further restricted to prevent it.
TBH I'd like Deerclopse and Bearger to be able to wade through the ocean just because they're so tall. Nubs thinking they can escape giants via the water only to be chased away from the shoreline into uncharted waters...that feels like Don't Starve.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lifetheuniverse said:

TBH I'd like Deerclopse and Bearger to be able to wade through the ocean just because they're so tall.

they are tall but that is a literal ocean i feel like deer clops will freeze ice platforms to walk from and bear would doggie paddle

• Like 1

On 2019. 6. 8. at 5:38 AM, ADM said:

Good fixes ! But I'm wondering if the Bullkelp Roots will be fixed so we can plant them on water soon, it's for... purposes :wilsondisapproving:

Yup. After this fix We can't plant the roots without the power of console. Now the only option left is just give up and bundle them quietly...

Edited by HeatAndRun

just one more reason I won't waste time taming beefalo. They're already sort of annoying and extremely little benefit. It's an entire chunk of content that I don't partake in because it's just not worth it. Not being able to use bridges, especially with the way worlds generate now makes them almost completely useless for travel. There are going to be very few locations that I can get to 'faster' on a beefalo without bridges than I can just running with a walking stick and using bridges to jump the rivers. Unless I sit in the middle of a heavily 'branched' world I'm not seeing any reason. I was barely seeing a reason for taming in the first place.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1