ONI on Stadia

On 8.6.2019 at 8:34 AM, jhohan29 said:

[...]

However, I am just looking for possible solutions to late game fps drop.

[...]

Hi!

My old system was an i4 (dualcore), 3GB Ram, 860 gforce and when i kept my base clean (not much debris lies around) and i had no tons of delivering tasks a 2500 circle base with up to 24 dupes was no problem.

Maybe you have to many open tasks for your dupes? This is the only reason i have lags. And i can reproduce the lag/no lag every time i want - just give a "clean up" command to the whole map and there is the lag...

Keep your base clean and limit tasks (escecially delivering/clean up tasks) to your dupes and oni runs fine!

5 minutes ago, Moah said:

My old system was an i4 (dualcore), 3GB Ram, 860 gforce and when i kept my base clean (not much debris lies around) and i had no tons of delivering tasks a 2500 circle base with up to 24 dupes was no problem.

This is interesting for multiple reasons, both that you can play fine (though fine is apparently very subjective) and that you indicate that dupe pathfinding during chore creation is the main slowdown culprit.

Would you please contribute to the benchmark thread. It would be interesting to see how your computer scores relative to other computers and it would also be interesting if you could upload a savegame, which you consider late game and running well.

Hi, yes, "fine" is relative.

I can't exactly remember the FPS but when i took care in the base i guess it was between 20-30 FPS at late-game. It was very playable and as i said, i only got heavy lags when i messed up my base and had too many open tasks.

My old PC is already disassembled. So, i am sorry, can't do the Brenchamrk anymore but would had been interesting. :(

And sure, on my "new" computer, i5, ocatcore , 32 GB Ram but still gforce 860, ONI runs of course a lot smoother. - but far away from lags when i follow the rules.

And i am not sure if pathfinding is the only reason, maybe too many flashing icons also contribute.. but i dont know, i have not tested a lot on this issue.

Archived