Do you want bigger boats? (poll)

Do you want bigger boats?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want bigger boats?

• Yes
    • No

I would want a "boat" that is four times the size of the current boat. It would serve more as a platform for base. It would require much more resources and be resistant to fire, explosives and basicaly anything that isn't bumping into stuff. This is to prevent some cheeky griefer from destroying entire base with a torch or gunpowder. After all, sea bases lose much more than the ones on land.

I think we should have Big, Normal, Small, and Mini Boats and also a seabase

Big=2x size of what we have, 75 percent speed, 130% hp

Normal= What we have

Small=1/2 size of normal, 125% speed, 70% Health
Mini=Basically a shipwrecked sailboat except 2 people fit

Seabase is just a really big, stationary and indestructible (maybe) for building a base on the water

(this is just base ideas)

49 minutes ago, Datanon said:

i dont like the idea of basing in boats so i dont want it. im a minority though so i dont really mind if the majority gets what they want

I would hope that basing in boats has inherent risk. For a more high risk, high reward playstyle. I can only imagine theyre going to add dangerous things to the water. Monsters and such. I don’t even know how likely i would be to for sure use them either, i definitely like options tho xD

no, this is what i think should happen, SHIP TETHERS!!! when your about to place one it asks withc side of the ship you want to place it on, example: do you want tether to be at the front? left? right? or back of the ship? that way you dont have to have a problum with placement, and with this you can attach a tether to other ships and make a bigger ship so work with. and with this i think one ship should have a bigger anchor for stoping, and in the event of tight places, one button realese the tethers and the ship combust back to its smaller counterparts. and mabye there should be a mount on our already bigger boats for smaller scouting boats, basicly the boats you'd have in shipwercked, that way when you reach a field of rocks blocking your path on an already huge ship, you can have other people take the smaller boats from shipwercked attached via a canu shipping dock to the sides of the main boat (front left right back) i hope this picture is good enogh

Untitled.png

and i do belive more ideas are to come for this and on this note, im thinking we should already have boat skins, and when building onto another ship the skin applies and makes it match whatever the form is

and yes, i used paint for this demenstration but thats not what is important

this is as far as i can think of what to do with ships now other than the bigger it is, the more room for an underwater room for the raft. explained with math bellow this text

Untitled.png

or you could build this room under a singuler raft and if you add a few more you can expand the room towrds the rafts built onto the main raft expanding on the room even more, but youd have to do the prosses again and lets say mabye that makes 2 rooms and the hatch that makes you go into the rafts has to be placed in the middle of a raft and if you had 2 rafts with a room built inside already and you tetherd them together and then built them together after tethering, the rooms would be sepret until you go in and hammer the wall that leads into the next room, or build a door (in a new tab for ship interior. and this option to make interior would be in the think tank (or mabye an enhanced think tank) as a ship hatch, once taking it out of your invetory and plant it, it will automaicly be placed in the middle of the raft and can me hammerd so thered be only one entrance

yes, yes it is. i thought this would be a cool idea and saw this chat so here i am giving idea of what id like to see

so klei! this is what I!!! see happening with the boats, its a little advanced but I think its worth it, i see more than just little rafts and possable bridges so these are my ideas

and with that said plz let us still use rafts as bridges

Thanks for the replies everyone! I think that it would be fair to space the "sea stacks" out more to accommodate bigger boats as long as the smaller boats move faster. If the small boats move faster, then there would still be a big risk of hitting sea stacks even if they were more spread out. 

thx klei, im glad i was able to hand deliver my idea to you, sometime soon when a "bigger" update happens with the ships, i think its safe to ask for a ship skin. and when giving us the skin i think its fair that a skin for the raft should come with the skins of everything that makes the rafts move, wheel (wheeler cough cough joke) anchor, mast, and any other major addition to the raft, lets say this special skin should be a boat kit skin, it should be a skin for all boat kits at once, while costing alot of spools, mabye even costing as much for warmwood and wartox them selfs (but PLZ dont do that to us) this cost does seem a little fair but a little too unfair but im sure you'd find the right price for it. im thinking, a ghost pirate skin already, and just to realte to dst, for the guests of honor skins, why not a luxurious ship of fame? or a yacht? and i see a very red and dark green rosed ship for the romaince of the roseate skins, you get the point, make em spiffy and realate to the game in skin form but make one skin per ship item and sell them all as one. so with the yacht idea i think it would look more like a yacht when two or more rafts are build at a line. now if you will excuse me, im gunna play ze game were all talking about right here

and for webber's reconstruct, PLZ make any spider den you makes or places down make the spiders from his den resemble his skin. (winter spiders, punk spiders, magmatic spiders, etc.) ive always wanted to play webber with the idea that he could make his spiders look like him depending on the skin.

Archived