Do you like Klei's image of "harder"

Szczuku

Hamlet was made to be harder than other Dlcs. Here're most things Klei did to make it harder.

-No huntable creatures

-Most creatures can go extinct

-No Ro Bin transformations

-Harder to get materials like gems, gold, rocks

-Harder to get lightbulbs

-Harder to befriend creatures

-No wormholes

-Harder to create food farms

-Seasons are harsh with little reward

-Preparation time for each season is shorter

-If you decide to world-hop to Hamlet from other dlc then you'll be met with Aporkalypse

-No touchstones

-Lack of mushrooms (only present in gas biome)

-No special hound waves that could make some materials renewable

-No items like tooth traps or elefant cactus that make bat waves easy. You can only rely on creatures

-No creature that instantly spawns Krampus which makes it sort of hard to farm him nevermind get his sack.

Do you like this way of creating a more challanging experiance for players?

As long as you can do simple task in the town and get money for it (which provides everything from shelter, through food and medicine to boss drops) Hamlet will never feel more difficult to me than other DLCs.

Imagine if you couldn't buy anything. How dangerous could those creepvines be? Low health, low food, you need to go somewhere and there's a creepvine all over that takes your HP if you go through. Now that's an interesting difficulty from a season :) But not if you can bunker down at home and sustain yourself on Oinc food throughout the seasons.

~

Though to be clear - I get what you're asking. No, I would prefer difficulties such as the creepvines, turned-off resources (eg. rabbit holes in Spring or plants in Winter), forced bosses, resources present in abundance, but in dangerous biomes (when I sucked as DS swamp was a perfect example of a place with good stuff that did not treat me well :P).

i dont know if hamlet was made harder then the other dlc's. its just we players say its harder.

- you have no touchstones but therefor an infinity lifeflower which is easy to get

- you can steal from shops to spawn krampus very easy

- you can build guards for batwaves. you can even build them evrywhere if you dont care that they burn evrything

but yea i got what you mean. hamlet is different but i like it a lot

Is this just another excuse to complain about the lack of huntable creatures and ro bin transformations? Because it really looks like that to me.

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

-No creature that instantly spawns Krampus which makes it sort of hard to farm him nevermind get his sack.

You can just rob stores for huge amounts of naughtiness, though. They're "breaking tradition", I guess, but there is a way to farm Krampus easily in Hamlet.

7 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Is this just another excuse to complain about the lack of huntable creatures and ro bin transformations? Because it really looks like that to me.

No it's not it's me creating a topic where people can give their feedback about their opinin on Klei's way of making things harder

Seasons are harsh with little reward

Actually hayfever season is the most rewarding as you can farm blooming tubers and use bundling wrap and stay full for the entire year.

No Ro Bin transformations

Don't forget it's hard to get since it's not "find and pick up"

1 hour ago, Namelessgamer said:

Don't forget it's hard to get since it's not "find and pick up"

>Hard to get

>Literally wait for 20 days and a huge bird will come and take you to it. 

Yeah, i don't know about that one 

Hamlet is difficult... for the thres first tries, when you have no idea whats going on. 

Then it becomes easy. 

It's still a good DLC because of how much late game base potential it offers. 

Personally i like having to prepare for the aporkalypse before you go into Hamlet because you have to be sure you are prepared enough for surviving it and making it back home. 

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

-No Ro Bin transformations

Do you like this way of creating a more challanging experiance for players?

I never thought the seagull in shipwreck made it easy. Firemode can burn stuff or your base and the other one eats your food. shadow chester... I don't even remember what he does. Ice chester was the only useful transformation in my opinion.

As long as summer and volcano type effects don't exist, I'm overall more happy. I don't like the world burning down as a result of me walking around the map.

Hamlet is pretty repeatable and because of that it gets much easier every time you take an attempt to survive in Hamlet world. I like the idea of limited sources of resources, but once you discover the ways of getting certains items the game is getting boring. I think Klei should next time find another way of increasing difficulty of the game, because that one is just not too fun.

limited ways of getting resources-->you always go for single way of getting certain items-->game is getting boring because of repeatable actions

my only Quip is that BFB crushed my Ro Bin when no other creature/boss could kill that Squeaking Bag of Inventory, 

that is the most ANGRY I got cause I started to really love that resilient bird, but nope.
(Why the heck she keeps coming back to pick us up since we have her baby and we are taking care of it, its stupid)

otherwise is Hamlet Hard?, no....just annoying but very profitable for other DLCs

I think the main things that make Hamlet difficult are the scarcity of gold and the lessened duration of seasons. Gold feels like a truly precious material and you're lucky to ever have more than a stack of it, and you simply have way less time to prepare for each season.

I think food is an absolute joke in Hamlet, however. Base near a pond and you get infinite hunger and sanity from Lotus Flowers, healing from Mosquito Sacks, meat from Poison Dartfrogs, Platapines, and Hippos, and you can easily farm Monster Meat from nearby Dung Piles which spawn beetles. Not to mention bloomed Tubers can stock you up enough for an entire season alone.

22 minutes ago, MWY said:

my only Quip is that BFB crushed my Ro Bin when no other creature/boss could kill that Squeaking Bag of Inventory, 

that is the most ANGRY I got cause I started to really love that resilient bird, but nope.
(Why the heck she keeps coming back to pick us up since we have her baby and we are taking care of it, its stupid)

otherwise is Hamlet Hard?, no....just annoying but very profitable for other DLCs

normally when i see bfb i just stand still and wait for her to land. she was always landing infront of me without me or ro bin being in danger ever.

BUT today i saw that they fixed that bfb can land on water and poop on water her dungpiles. and when i was playing today i was standing at the same spot as always and she land very very close to me. maybe cause she wont land on the water/sky anymore.

its just weird cause we didnt got an update for DS. so that fix shoudnt be online yet.

33 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

normally when i see bfb i just stand still and wait for her to land. she was always landing infront of me without me or ro bin being in danger ever.

BUT today i saw that they fixed that bfb can land on water and poop on water her dungpiles. and when i was playing today i was standing at the same spot as always and she land very very close to me. maybe cause she wont land on the water/sky anymore.

its just weird cause we didnt got an update for DS. so that fix shoudnt be online yet.

but she should still not step on her child cause that's the whole reason she comes and scoops us up as she wants us to either become food or babysitter for her newborn.

or else I think she just eats us and poops us back out on her nest cause that would explain the Sanity loss....bleh...

But none of that stuff matters when you have infinite light sources, infinite spawning super guards, and a house you can just sit in and avoid all trouble.

Farming is really easy, as manure is super replenishable, so you should never have to worry about starving either.

You have to go out of your way to be challenged in Hamlet...

7 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

But none of that stuff matters when you have infinite light sources, infinite spawning super guards, and a house you can just sit in and avoid all trouble.

Farming is really easy, as manure is super replenishable, so you should never have to worry about starving either.

You have to go out of your way to be challenged in Hamlet...

Light sources aren't an issue in any version of the game, royal guards have nothing on rabbits with helmets, and yeah, you could sit in your house and avoid everything, but uh... why? There's only so much you can do in there.

As for manure, I'll take picking and feeding light bulbs by the stack to werepigs over dung balls and city pigs' leavings any day.

Yes, you can sit in the city and not have any issues, but there ARE other things to do, and doing most of those things requires a fair amount of preparation. Nobody who's looking to be challenged is or would play the game the way you're talking about.

4 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

....and then take care and babysit an egg for days.

Ro Bin is not hard to get or hatch. Just leave it in house and visit it every night to take it close to the fire. Then you can leave it be at day. Your Ro Bin will hatch very quickly.

45 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

Ro Bin is not hard to get or hatch. Just leave it in house and visit it every night to take it close to the fire. Then you can leave it be at day. Your Ro Bin will hatch very quickly.

yes if you know that then he will hatch in 3 days. if you dont then good luck xD

• No seasonal bosses
  • You only have a few ways to combat most seasons
  • Halberd is the best sustainable weapon, which compared to a darksword/cutlass its not very good
  • Required to get everything needed to stop the aporkaypse before day 60 (good luck blind)
  • most challenges are player started and if there not they are nearly impossible or too easy

9 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:
  • Halberd is the best sustainable weapon, which compared to a darksword/cutlass its not very good

Dark swords and cutlasses are both incredibly easy to obtain in Hamlet, though, because you can buy both of them. Or if you want to craft dark swords yourself, you can use the end's well for nightmare fuel. Then for the living logs, you can choose from:
- Treeguards
- Poison Birchnut Trees
- Palm Treeguards
- Elder Mandrakes
- Arcane Shop

20 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Dark swords and cutlasses are both incredibly easy to obtain in Hamlet, though, because you can buy both of them. Or if you want to craft dark swords yourself, you can use the end's well for nightmare fuel. Then for the living logs, you can choose from:
- Treeguards
- Poison Birchnut Trees
- Palm Treeguards
- Elder Mandrakes
- Arcane Shop

yeah but their a pain to get, and require way more effort than is shipwrecked or rog.

15 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

yeah but their a pain to get, and require way more effort than is shipwrecked or rog.

he writes they are both incredible easy to get and you say they are a pain to get xxD

im not judging. just neutral observe :)

Archived