Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

biosz

Intermittent crashes on Xbox One

biosz    0

Hi all,

I’ve been playing the same save on and off for a long time now - years in fact I’d say. I’m up to about day 550. I thought something was odd with my world at first because I left bosses on the default setting but didn’t come across a single giant for hundreds and hundreds of days - once I started to hear some boss music early in the game as if a giant was going to appear and Wilson declared, “that sounded big...” but nothing ever turned up.

Things started to go strange from then on. My character started to say “wilson: unknown_string_damp” (or something like that) when it rained and on inspecting certain items he started saying just “it’s a... thing”. Then, whenever my controller went to sleep I’d get a warning message and a crash (something about a screen not being declared I think?).

Anyway - neither of these things stopped me playing so I powered through but now something significant appears to have broken, because every few minutes I get a crash with the following message:

”WARNING!

scripts/screens/playerhud.lua274: variable ‘PopupDialogScreen’ is not declared

LUA ERROR stack traceback:

scripts/strict.lua:23 in (metamethod) __index (Lua) <21-26>

scripts/screens/playerhud.lua:274 in (method) OnBackgroundUpdate (Lua) <245-298>

scripts/frontend.lua:481 in (method) Update (Lua) <425-577>

scripts/update.lua:46 in () ? (Lua) <3-50>”

If anyone can help me fix this and get my world back on track I’d be grateful!!