Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Naiya

Game bug

Naiya    1

I have tried everything Klei could offer me to fix this bug, but it was unfixable, they sent me to Lenovo for support and they won't help for less than $200 per year. So I was hoping someone might have a suggestion to fix this problem with the hud/ crafting/ toolbar

I have tried with and without a mouse, using touch pad, touch screen, un install and reinstall. Nothing works yet. 

bizziboi    1,768

Okay, this was probably tried but just in case.

Resetting the controls in Options->Controls didn't work?

Naiya    1

Don't Starve - I do have Reign of Giants and Shipwrecked dlc but those don't work either

47 minutes ago, bizziboi said:

Okay, this was probably tried but just in case.

Resetting the controls in Options->Controls didn't work?

Do you know that I have 14 emails back and forward with Klei including using a different key binding to access the tool menu that did not work, but (because I'll try anything twice) resetting it just now did, in fact, work. I don't know why that occurred to NO ONE. but here we are. 

Thank you! I haven't been able to play since last october! 

Deprecious    54
10 minutes ago, Naiya said:

Don't Starve - I do have Reign of Giants and Shipwrecked dlc but those don't work either

You could try DST and see if also happens there, and if it does, you could try to reinstall your OS

Btw, i doubt that the problem is from the laptop, most likely the game config or some corrupted files in windows are causing this

10 minutes ago, Naiya said:

Do you know that I have 14 emails back and forward with Klei including using a different key binding to access the tool menu that did not work, but (because I'll try anything twice) resetting it just now did, in fact, work. I don't know why that occurred to NO ONE. but here we are. 

LMAO

bizziboi    1,768
3 hours ago, Naiya said:

Glad you finally got back to playing :)

(And in Jan's defense, he did ask me about this issue, and I may well have said 'try rebinding the controls' instead of 'try resetting the controls' (cuz I'm scatterbrained), and when that did not seem to work he had to dig for more esoteric solutions)

Naiya    1
15 hours ago, bizziboi said:

Glad you finally got back to playing :)

(And in Jan's defense, he did ask me about this issue, and I may well have said 'try rebinding the controls' instead of 'try resetting the controls' (cuz I'm scatterbrained), and when that did not seem to work he had to dig for more esoteric solutions)

I didn't mean in any way for that to be a dig at Jan, I just thought it was quite funny that we had done all that over a course of months only to essentially have someone say "Have you tried turning it off and back on again" and have it work.