Sign in to follow this  
Flanxxcore

Steam version not loading!

Kevin    872

Try restarting steam. We posted an update late in the day... if that doesn't work we will have to look into in on Monday.

Flanxxcore    10

Perhaps if I provided the log from the game you could help assess the situation?

Here it is:

THREAD - started 'GAClient' (4892)

Starting up

HttpClient::ClientThread::Main()

cGame::InitializeOnMainThread

cDontStarveGame::DoGameSpecificInitialize()

cGame::StartPlaying

LOADING LUA

DoLuaFile data/scripts/main.lua

DoLuaFile loading buffer data/scripts/main.lua

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\main.lua(93,1) running main.lua

LOADING LUA SUCCESS

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\mixer.lua(76,1) Set set_sfx 0.1

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\mixer.lua(76,1) Set set_ambience 0.1

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\mixer.lua(76,1) Set set_music 0.1

...ackage\workspace\data\scripts\screens\mainscreen.lua:202: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'local_tz' (a nil value)

LUA ERROR stack traceback:

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\screens\mainscreen.lua(202,1) in function 'GetDaysToUpdate'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\screens\mainscreen.lua(253,1) in function 'DoInit'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\screens\mainscreen.lua(21,1)

=[C] in function 'CheckPersistentStringExists'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\screens\mainscreen.lua(20,1)

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\screens\mainscreen.lua(19,1) in function '_ctor'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\class.lua(28,1) in function 'MainScreen'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\gamelogic.lua(368,1) in function 'complete_callback'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\upsell.lua(31,1) in function 'UpdateGamePurchasedState'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\gamelogic.lua(356,1) in function 'callback'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\playerprofile.lua(153,1)

=[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\playerprofile.lua(137,1) in function 'Load'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\gamelogic.lua(375,1) in main chunk

=[C] in function 'require'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\main.lua(551,1)

Assert failure '0' at ..\source\simlib\luatools.cpp(72): Trace follows...

Flanxxcore    10

Perhaps posting the log from the game will help assess the situation?

THREAD - started 'GAClient' (4892)

Starting up

HttpClient::ClientThread::Main()

cGame::InitializeOnMainThread

cDontStarveGame::DoGameSpecificInitialize()

cGame::StartPlaying

LOADING LUA

DoLuaFile data/scripts/main.lua

DoLuaFile loading buffer data/scripts/main.lua

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\main.lua(93,1) running main.lua

LOADING LUA SUCCESS

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\mixer.lua(76,1) Set set_sfx 0.1

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\mixer.lua(76,1) Set set_ambience 0.1

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\mixer.lua(76,1) Set set_music 0.1

...ackage\workspace\data\scripts\screens\mainscreen.lua:202: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'local_tz' (a nil value)

LUA ERROR stack traceback:

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\screens\mainscreen.lua(202,1) in function 'GetDaysToUpdate'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\screens\mainscreen.lua(253,1) in function 'DoInit'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\screens\mainscreen.lua(21,1)

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\screens\mainscreen.lua(20,1)

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\screens\mainscreen.lua(19,1) in function '_ctor'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\class.lua(28,1) in function 'MainScreen'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\gamelogic.lua(368,1) in function 'complete_callback'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\upsell.lua(31,1) in function 'UpdateGamePurchasedState'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\gamelogic.lua(356,1) in function 'callback'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\playerprofile.lua(153,1)

=[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\playerprofile.lua(137,1) in function 'Load'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\gamelogic.lua(375,1) in main chunk

=[C] in function 'require'

c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\data\scripts\main.lua(551,1)

Assert failure '0' at ..\source\simlib\luatools.cpp(72): Trace follows...

DonZ    10

Doesn't help. I'll wait till monday.

Is there any differences between beta game client with and without 'staging' group that i picked on beta tab?

Kevin    872

DonZ: You should use the "default" beta branch. Staging is out of date, currently.

Flanxxcore: Odd - it's dying doing some main menu display stuff. I wonder why that would happen for you but not other people - are you using the default beta branch?

seenoevilfoo    10

I think we all have to wait until Monday then, I am having the exact same problem with you here. Countless time of killing process, LOL. Going back to Chrome and survive now...

MorphiusX    10
Hi,

I got the steam version of this game today.

After countless attempts to get it to run I have been unsuccessful.

Tried killing processes, restarting etc.

Nothing works.

All I get is this.

http://postimage.org/image/vcrur9oo7/

PLEASE HELP .-.

I LOVE THIS GAME AND WISH TO PLAY IT ON STEAM ASAP <3

Im having the exact same issue

501105    20

I am very curious to what the issue is, the Steam version worked fine for me all weekend and this morning it just wont start whatever I do and as far as I know the game version has not changed.

Byear89    10

The same issue is happening when I try to launch Don't Starve through Steam still. I open Steam, Click play Don't Starve it says Launching a window pops up, stays blank, and then closes itself. No game, no joy.

Sign in to follow this