Noemz

Don't Starve now crashes after update 338264

Noemz    0

I'm running Don't Starve (standalone) on a PC (Windows 10) with Reign of Giants installed. Everything has been running fine for ages, until this morning when I ran the updater which updated to version 338264. Now, when I start the game, it gives me a black screen for a couple of seconds, then quits.

I updated my NVidia driver to the latest, but this didn't resolve it.

I don't have any mods.

I looked inside the log.txt file and the last three lines show:

[00:00:01]: FMOD VERSION: 00044464 (00044464)
[00:00:01]: ERROR: Missing Shader 'shaders/ui_yuv.ksh'.
[00:00:01]: Assert failure '0' at ..\source\renderlib\OpenGL\HWEffect.cpp(86): Trace follows...

(not sure if this is the problem, though)

Please let me know if you need any other specific details, or if there is a way I can resolve this. Thanks!

bizziboi    1,557

It seems something weird happened with the deployment of the update. I am trying to investigate - sadly I don't know how to make it work for you right now :(

bizziboi    1,557

Okay, I think the update should work now, at least...it works for me now (and didn't when I first answered).

Please let me know if you still have issues.

• Thanks 1

Noemz    0

I've just tried the new update (339737). It gets to the purple screen, but stops with the following errors:

C:/progra~2/dontst~1/data/scripts/util.lua:388: Could not find an asset matching anim/player_mount_teleport.zip in any of the search paths.
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
=[C]:-1 in (global) assert (C) <-1--1>
C:/PROGRAM~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/util.lua:388 in (global) resolvefilepath (Lua) <383-391>
C:/PROGRAM~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua:61 in (global) RegisterPrefabs (Lua) <55-72>
C:/PROGRAM~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua:89 in (global) LoadPrefabFile (Lua) <76-96>
C:/PROGRAM~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua:125 in (upvalue) LoadAssets (Lua) <85-176>
C:/PROGRAM~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua:1166 in (upvalue) DoResetAction (Lua) <1108-1170>
C:/PROGRAM~2/DONTST~1/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua:1181 in (local) complete_callback (Lua) <1173-1182>

Noemz    0

I've just updated to 340499 and everything appears to be working again! Woot! Thank you!

I also want to say, thanks so much for working on this game. It's brought me many hours of joy.