JoeW

Wormwood Arrives June 6th!

-Variant    4,848
1 hour ago, Stonetribe said:

Yay! Plant boi is almost here~

I forget, Wormwood is going to be considered one of the "new" characters coming to DST while Warly will be considered one of the "refreshes", correct?

Seems so.

4 Da LOLs    2,233
10 hours ago, JoeW said:

also protected from thorns.

OH BABY!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 Da LOLs    2,233
8 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Technically they are not, I hope they end up being canon though. Warly as well.

8 hours ago, Wilson_pl said:

I wonder if any person other than me thinks that Wormwood, just like Wortox, isn't canon.

they said "not part of the main story"

so i think a good comparison would be mole worms they aren't stated in the story yet because they don't alter it they can exist

though having them in future story events would put a smile on my face

8 hours ago, WkingDisaster said:

Wormwood's advantage can be minimized by building tons of farms, but his disadvantage cannot be mitigated in any way. It's a trade off between hunger and health, and obviously they are not equal.

I thought they could buff wormwood a bit after it's overwhelming downsides in Hamlet, apparently they did not!

Unless you are a perfect fighting machine that can kite boss with 0 damages taken, you will need a stack of nitres to make healing items for every big boss you fight. You won't have any rocks left in your map, and you will have to mine at least 20 petrified trees every season just for boss fight.

Unless, they change the recipes for compost wraps to exclude the need for nitre.

but you can mass pick up poop by feeding werepigs light bulbs for stacks of poop

40 bulbs = 40 poop

Wormwood heals 2 hp per poop

80 hp for a stack of light bulbs

you can also use healing salves or honey poultice sleep or use a Wortox

• Like 3

4 Da LOLs    2,233
22 minutes ago, Salient said:

(snip)

he was perfectly fine in DSH these are way too powerful just buff the bramble armor

maybe some rain resist but other than that would just be more op than Wicker at that point

7 hours ago, WkingDisaster said:

will interrupt you before your action is done. On the other hand, you can eat food very quickly.

Mate just yeet your friends into it as meat shields while you heal up and Wortox can't be interrupted so you can heal during a fight

YouKnowWho    7,478
1 hour ago, Salient said:

-snip-

This all seems a bit much. The crafting ideas are nice, but it's a whole lot of upsides against something other people find pretty manageable with caution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

they said "not part of the main story"

so i think a good comparison would be mole worms they aren't stated in the story yet because they don't alter it they can exist

though having them in future story events would put a smile on my face

wait what

when did they say that

Edited by shyguy1824

Captain_Rage    1,087
13 hours ago, JoeW said:

• In Spring /.../ and attracting Bees.

Seriously? This is hilarious. <3

Imagionary    188
59 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

7 days before my birthday... I think that's close enough to count as a present.

Happy early birthday, dude! Wormwood would be a 6 day early birthday present for me! :wilson_blush:

I'm honestly super excited to be having him explore his way into DST! I've always been super interested in his lore about where he came from, and hopefully his short will answer it! I hope him being over in DST will give him some deeper lines of dialogue, as, I hate to admit it, his lines in Hamlet felt a bit lackluster ;O;

I'm also super excited for his skins! I'm really glad that Wormwood is getting a Roseate skin; this is very fitting, thank you Klei!

• Like 3

ShadowDuelist    4,195
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Some special interactions between Wormwood and Treeguards (all kind)

Befriending them and healing them with his special fertilizer thing would be awesome.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 2

Alarsin    843
5 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Plus you could easily abuse the water suggestion via plank on a boat. Instant full wetness. 

Plank? 

4 Da LOLs    2,233
8 hours ago, shyguy1824 said:

wait what

when did they say that

i think when they announced Wortox

WkingDisaster    187
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

but you can mass pick up poop by feeding werepigs light bulbs for stacks of poop

40 bulbs = 40 poop

Wormwood heals 2 hp per poop

80 hp for a stack of light bulbs

you can also use healing salves or honey poultice sleep or use a Wortox

two or more days of work for 80 hp... 

Edited by WkingDisaster

MrKoopa    1,131
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, WkingDisaster said:

Or you can use other things like spider gland, Honey Poultice(bandage), Healing Salve.

Can also sleep during the night. Some things might get buffed for Wormwood?

Edited by MrKoopa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 Da LOLs    2,233
20 minutes ago, WkingDisaster said:

20 seeds for max sanity

Smitty Inc.    226
Posted (edited)

Alright so I been seeing a lot of people asking for Wormwood to regen hp from wetness now heres the thing, thats really broken.
Now however I am not saying he shouldn't get at least something from wetness but hp would be very broken more so then ever because of the boats. So heres what I'm thinking have him not lose sanity from wet gear and not lose sanity from wetness until above 50% or so because after that much he would be getting over watered, this way its still "realistic" without being broken.
Now if they want to go even further with this idea, they could make it so his hunger is slowed the more wetness he has up until 100% where then it would be the same as a Belt of Hunger or Funcap.
Another idea for getting over watered would be for him to slowly lose health, however I don't think this would be a good idea.

edit: I should say I think hes fine the way he is right now however I do think he should have gotten one new craftable to make up for the Poison Balm probably getting removed because there is no poison in DST... unless thats changing?

Edited by Smitty Inc.
  • Like 1

Nickolai    223

It would be cool if you are able to stop the blooming affect by using a rasor on wormwood while he is blooming, he could drop 10-12 flower petals on a full bloom?